Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
- 11/1 Ordered my 4 BW with CF 1
- 12/7 Order accepted
- 1/25 car built
- Currently about 5 hours away from me in NC, on a truck to be delivered tomorrow

Seems I got really lucky, can’t wait for tomorrow! I forgot my exact Vin, but mine is the 268’th manual
would you like to rub it in some more?? haha, joking, kinda... congrats, always nice to see someone getting a car

Question for Rob and others who might know. My order was accepted with CF1, but went from 3400 to 3100 and keeps being pushed back while non CF cars are being built. At this point I would drop CF1, but I assume that would have to be a whole new order and I would lose my order and allocation so all I can do is wait and hope they get more CF parts before the '22 model year run is up, otherwise this order will just get cancelled and it is back to square one. Is that an accurate assumption?
Have the General Sales Manager at your dealership reach out to their Cadillac District Sales Manager explaining the issue with your order and the CF1 and CF2 parts constraints. The DSM may be able to push your request up the food chain and get those options removed from your order. It's not a 100% certainty, but it is a possibility.

I just found this post from Rob on the order type meaning:

Those cars still haven't been invoiced by GM yet, so I can't see the dealer information until they're invoiced. If you see this for the Order Type: 0 - ALL ORDER TYPES (FOR WFP USE), that means they haven't been invoiced yet.

Ok, so exposing my ignorance here.. What is invoicing exactly?
Invoicing = when the dealership is actually billed by the factory for your car.

Dealerships buy cars from the factory in one of two ways:

1. Floor Plan: while the following explanation is kind of rough - you get the picture - the dealership borrows money from a lending institution similar to a bank that specializes in working with dealers to finance their purchases from the factories or

2. The dealership actually uses their own money to buy the car from the factory

In #1 - the dealership pays interest on the amount of money they borrow - just like a bank and the lending institution owns a part of that car until they're paid.

In #2 - the dealership owns 100% of that car outright.

Once your car is built - it gets invoiced by the factory - the factory needs to get paid - either directly from the dealer, or the lending institution

YOU - the customer - then owe the dealership.

As a general reminder - for those of you that know what your VINs are and/or are waiting to take delivery of your cars - don't forget to make sure your car is in the Registry and update your listings if necessary.

So my Blackwing has been produced and is ready for shipping “status 4500” for the last 2 months.
Has any had any estimates of when the vehicle was delivered from status 4500?
Annoying that it’s been sitting in the shipping yard for 2 months :(
Join the club. Mines been built since Nov 30th and it’s still sitting there with no delivery date. And my dealer is zero help

As a general reminder - for those of you that know what your VINs are and/or are waiting to take delivery of your cars - don't forget to make sure your car is in the Registry and update your listings if necessary.

The registry only reflects units built through EOY '21. Will it update to include those completed through end of Feb '22 sometime?

The registry only reflects units built through EOY '21. Will it update to include those completed through end of Feb '22 sometime?
??? The Registry is updated as of this morning?

??? The Registry is updated as of this morning?
I bet the reason he thinks that is that when you sort by build date, it sorts by month because that comes first in the date...so when you click descending date, the dates at the top start with 12 (December) 2021, not Feb 2022.

Sorry. I've been swamped in work lately and haven't had time to check the orders. I'll try to get to it tonight.
Man I appreciate everything you're doing for myself and everyone here. Don't think of this comment as trying to get you to do more, but rather a failing of my own impatience.

Also, you're obviously right. The reg list is updated. I was trying to filter by completion date and wasn't seeing it properly.

Man I appreciate everything you're doing for myself and everyone here. Don't think of this comment as trying to get you to do more, but rather a failing of my own impatience.

Also, you're obviously right. The reg list is updated. I was trying to filter by completion date and wasn't seeing it properly.
No worries. 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!