Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
I just went over the PDF showing that NY had 67 allocated in 2022. Then I went line by line and could only count 49 at dealerships. Where are the other 18 vehicles ? I did see that out of the 5 Summit Whites in NY, mine was the only automatic. I guess if I was alot younger I would have ordered a manual.......BUT, those days are over !

Knowing how things have been since I placed the order I wouldn't be totally surprised if it still take months to get my car but I am happy to see that at least now the Window sticker is available and it does not list any missing parts. Previously I have seen vehicles that got delivered and the window sticker motioned "credit" for missing parts.

It could also mean that Cadillac is no longer sending out cars with missing parts and that's why our cars are stuck with MP status until whatever is missing is installed.

Either way, the rodeo continues......

086-398 here. Built in February, stuck in the goat pen for nearly 6 months and delivered on 8/2 to the rail yard south of Philly. My dealer (Armen) drove down and got her! Unfortunately, 8/2 was the day we moved to Florida. Armen was great, we did the paperwork remotely, had her shipped and she arrived today!
awesome, congrats!

I cannot speak to Caddy specifics, but like BWs or M cars it pays to keep searching incoming dealer stock and canceled orders as well. You may be able to get 4/5ths of your preferred build on something that is a real tangible vehicle at this point and not on a sales guy's post-it or hopefully at least queued up in the system itself.

Radio silence since Feb is not a good sign regardless.
Spoke to sales manager yesterday…guess my original salesperson is gone. Explained that carbon brakes (one of my few options) was probably holding it back. I think it was the original salesperson not knowing what to do. Said that they don’t get many specable allocations but that because of their size they are given gm specced cars. Sound like bs to me but they do have one incoming I could take in a timeframe that works for me. Wasn’t a color\wheel combo I would have tHough to consider but after looking I kind of like it. Not helping that I can’t see good examples of the new colors anyway. So I guess this is a good outcome..,just don’t understand why it’s such a cluster.
did ask manager to let me know if an allocation I can spec becomes available while I wait.

@Rob

Firstly THANK YOU for all you do for all of us on the site.

I know there is a ton of history on this thread, and I'm not sure of the amount of work involved but maybe it might be a good idea to start a 2023 tracking thread. I would but I don't know how to pin the order tracker and registry to the top like you did.

I only suggest this because this morning my dealer emailed me I went 4000 and they are trying to make arrangements. I think there may be deeper issues with the long time 22 orders as the 23s seem to be processing faster.

No worries if not though. Just grateful to have any of the info you've been providing.

@Rob

Firstly THANK YOU for all you do for all of us on the site.

I know there is a ton of history on this thread, and I'm not sure of the amount of work involved but maybe it might be a good idea to start a 2023 tracking thread. I would but I don't know how to pin the order tracker and registry to the top like you did.

I only suggest this because this morning my dealer emailed me I went 4000 and they are trying to make arrangements. I think there may be deeper issues with the long time 22 orders as the 23s seem to be processing faster.

No worries if not though. Just grateful to have any of the info you've been providing.
Your order is moving along nicely! Congrats!
Clap Applause GIF by Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore

Your order is moving along nicely! Congrats!
Clap Applause GIF by Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore
Blessings....

I just know in manufacturing they only circle back to problem builds after they've pushed the easy ones out the door. If they have parts to build a whole car on the line they will do that before taking those parts to complete partial builds.

Everything crossed its a good sign of movement for everyone.

Blessings....

I just know in manufacturing they only circle back to problem builds after they've pushed the easy ones out the door. If they have parts to build a whole car on the line they will do that before taking those parts to complete partial builds.

This and I'm sure the jammed parking lot is not helping matters aka- 22 builds

I just went over the PDF showing that NY had 67 allocated in 2022. Then I went line by line and could only count 49 at dealerships. Where are the other 18 vehicles ? I did see that out of the 5 Summit Whites in NY, mine was the only automatic. I guess if I was alot younger I would have ordered a manual.......BUT, those days are over !
The data in the PDF files includes vehicles that are not uploaded in the tracker yet. The tracker is much more detailed than the PDF file and I am positive it takes a tremendous amount of time to upload each vehicle into the tracker since it includes every single option on each individual vehicle.

Hello, can you add CT5V-BW order BWCRKK to the tracking document?

Thank you!

Reactions: Rob
Blessings....

Teach us your ways oh wise one. What radius pentagram shall I pray on? How many ounces of goat blood do I paint with? Does it matter my goat idol faces north or south? Yours in eternity and suffering...

satan GIF

Teach us your ways oh wise one. What radius pentagram shall I pray on? How many ounces of goat blood do I paint with? Does it matter my goat idol faces north or south? Yours in eternity and suffering...

satan GIF
Feel free to continue doing whatever works or hasn't for you...

I placed my first order on May 16th, 2021 with a small dealer who only received one allocation in January of this year, so I am still waiting.

Below you will find a list of all the cars that have either shown up in Rob's registry or that have been reported as being built on Cadillac's Website. Rows highlighted in Red are cars delivered outside the US and Canada, rows Highlighted in Yellow are built but missing some information. Rows with Red font are owned by members of the Forum.

I have also attached a file that has the allocation per dealer YTD, based on the date in the previous file as well as another file that shows the allocations by state.

Something interesting. Every single car exported outside of North America was an automatic.

There was one listed as a manual but it must have been a typo since it was an 81 numbered car.

Are the manual cars not legal for export for some reason?

The one that went to Lebanon will probably end up a car bomb. On another note, how come in every 3rd world crap country, they use Mercedes Benz cars as taxi's and in the US they are considered a status symbol ?

Spoke to sales manager yesterday…Said that they don’t get many specable allocations but that because of their size they are given gm specced cars. Sound like bs to me but they do have one incoming I could take in a timeframe that works for me.
I'm not an expert on the topic, but my understanding is GM doesn't push out BW's to dealers, rather said dealer checks the boxes and waits/hopes for an allocation. I speculate that low volume dealers order a car based on what they think will allow for maximum gouging of the enthusiast public. You're getting the typical wordsmith answer from someone that just wants to move some metal. I tried to work local, now I'm going to where the customer experience is still part of the equation.

The forum does not allow for excel files to be attached, but there are plenty of free online sites that convert pdf to excel. I used Adobe and now I can sort for high volume CA dealers that want to order one to my spec .

I'm not an expert on the topic, but my understanding is GM doesn't push out BW's to dealers, rather said dealer checks the boxes and waits/hopes for an allocation. I speculate that low volume dealers order a car based on what they think will allow for maximum gouging of the enthusiast public. You're getting the typical wordsmith answer from someone that just wants to move some metal. I tried to work local, now I'm going to where the customer experience is still part of the equation.
A dealer has to have an allocation before they can order and allocations are based on prior sales....

A dealer has to have an allocation before they can order and allocations are based on prior sales....
Right, that part is clear, but with the allocation does Cadillac ever determine the configuration or is that 100% up to the selling dealer?

Right, that part is clear, but with the allocation does Cadillac ever determine the configuration or is that 100% up to the selling dealer?
If it's a customer order car they choose the options.... If it's a inventory car the dealer chooses... That my understanding... The real problem is all the constraints.... A customer can wait to get what they want or drop options and get a car..... A dealer can order how they want....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop