Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
It might not be long until another source of information is burned out by requests.
Exactly, I know people that would message GM 3-4 times a day waiting on their C8 Corvettes for updates. Peruse through those forums and FB groups and you’ll see some truly mental people lol. People would email Shane at the corvette museum multiple times looking for information even when they weren’t getting a museum delivery. They didn’t pay for the service but they want the benefit, it’s wild to me people think like that.

Exactly, I know people that would message GM 3-4 times a day waiting on their C8 Corvettes for updates. Peruse through those forums and FB groups and you’ll see some truly mental people lol.
Welcome to my world! 🤣🤣🤣

Is that a laughing hysterically emoji or a hysterically crying emoji?... these days they look so similar! 😉
Depends on the day! Lol

I’ll stay in mine lol, no way in hell I’d interface with customers on a sales or management level.
It becomes most... Taxing.

Exactly, I know people that would message GM 3-4 times a day waiting on their C8 Corvettes for updates. Peruse through those forums and FB groups and you’ll see some truly mental people lol.
I've been on Camaro6 and browsed corvetteforum trying to source any available units like Dustin posts here... completely different type of buyer imo. These are the type of folks that would buy a 200k cardboard box on wheels as long as it has a V8 and it's built by America.. not even in America.. they are the type of people I expect to feel entitled to minute by minute updates...

I love the forum here by the way. Those two, not so much :beer

Today I washed the wheels. A decent amount of brake dust to contend with. These cars are gonna be like a "high maintenance woman". Its gonna take some extra cash and effort to keep it happy. Looking at the "miles till empty" is like watching a Space X countdown. Not complaining , just making a comment. I'm half way thru my break in period.

Wouldn't it have been nice if GM addressed the delays like Lotus:
Not to be a Debbie Downer (but I guess I will...sorry), it was nice of Lotus,... but absolutely no information provided (zero details on whys, solutions, timelines,...) and it doesn't change anything.
Basically a Fluff PR piece... that told all of us a bunch of generalities about what we already know in a congenial manner with a British accent.
FYI... one on my favorite skits...

Not to be a Debbie Downer (but I guess I will...sorry), it was nice of Lotus,... but absolutely no information provided (zero details on whys, solutions, timelines,...) and it doesn't change anything.
Basically a Fluff PR piece... that told all of us a bunch of generalities about what we already know in a congenial manner with a British accent.
FYI... one on my favorite skits...
They promise to be in touch with every customer individually and keep them appraised of the progress. If they actually follow through with that - that's the main difference here. I would not be surprised if they do. I don't have an Emira on order, but when I was shopping for an Evora, a factory rep arranged the test drive (in a factory owned demo car), followed up with me by phone to answer all my questions, and remained available throughout the process. They make you feel like you actually matter as a customer, for a car that cost me less than the blackwing will.

They promise to be in touch with every customer individually and keep them appraised of the progress. If they actually follow through with that - that's the main difference here. I would not be surprised if they do. I don't have an Emira on order, but when I was shopping for an Evora, a factory rep arranged the test drive (in a factory owned demo car), followed up with me by phone to answer all my questions, and remained available throughout the process. They make you feel like you actually matter as a customer, for a car that cost me less than the blackwing will.
I did miss the individual communication aspect, thanks for pointing that out... but I'm still curious at the frequency and at what level of detail that will be (also correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they produce <=3k total cars per year?)

... And just worth it if only for me to post that video🙂

I did miss the individual communication aspect, thanks for pointing that out... but I'm still curious at the frequency and at what level of detail that will be (also correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they produce <=3k total cars per year?)

... And just worth it if only for me to post that video🙂
It is definitely low production - not sure if it is that low (believe I read they were targeting 7k/yr for Emira). For Blackwing, it is too bad Cadillac treats us like all other Cadillac customers essentially when the point is to reach a different demographic with this car. Feels like a missed opportunity.

It is definitely low production - not sure if it is that low (believe I read they were targeting 7k/yr for Emira). For Blackwing, it is too bad Cadillac treats us like all other Cadillac customers essentially when the point is to reach a different demographic with this car. Feels like a missed opportunity.
There is some Blackwing specific treatment I have noticed. One, the shipments lately are Blackwings only, Two, the dealers are insisting, possibly from GM that Blackwings get handwashed and detailed due to sitting in Lansing, and Three, of course Spring Mountain. So hey, there are some Blackwing perks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop