Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
I am talking to Sewell about ordering. They are saying a year. I wonder if getting with a smaller dealer will be a better move.

D.
Trick is finding one with a very short waiting list and hopefully they receive another allocation. I found a dealer 2 states over from me and "supposedly" they had no waiting list so I'm #1. However, I'm still in the 1100 hell from this past summer..

I am talking to Sewell about ordering. They are saying a year. I wonder if getting with a smaller dealer will be a better move.

D.

In my particular case I went with a new Cadillac dealership although the dealerships group has several other GM brand dealerships in the region. I put my original order in on 8/23 and last week the dealership called me and informed me that if I remove the CF packages my order would start building in mid to late February. Within a week of removing the CF my order has gone from 1100 to 3000.

Out of curiosity, has anyone placed an order with one dealership, but later decided to change their order to a different dealership? On paper, and from the looks of this forum, this Sewel dealership is "The Man" in the business of BW orders and allocations. Are they adding outrageous ADMs as well or keeping it at MSRP?
Yes, Sewell is a double edged sward. Tons of allocation, but also tons of orders in line. Recently, for the first time ever, I actually saw a breakdown of all allocations by dealer in the whole country so far (for the CT5V BW). Sewell had 24, and the next closest was one dealer with 11, a few with 8, and MOST dealers with 1-2. So, maybe their line is long, but when they get 3-5x the allocations of MOST other dealers, maybe it'll work out.

Also, they are actually great to work with (from what I have heard, and my short interaction with them so far) and never charge over MSRP.

For how much I hate being at Forever 1100 (because of carbon), and it frustrates the living crap out of me, it's rather uneventful. No worries about 3400, 3800, 4300 delayed, bayed, EDD changing, TPW bouncing around, sitting in the parking lot of doom. It's kind of peaceful.

@Rob, would you consider adding a Dealership column to the order tracking page so that people can voluntarily add their dealership? This would be a benefit to those trying to find out how many orders are ahead of them, or seeking dealerships without many orders.

@Rob, would you consider adding a Dealership column to the order tracking page so that people can voluntarily add their dealership? This would be a benefit to those trying to find out how many orders are ahead of them, or seeking dealerships without many orders.
I would prefer not to because in the grand scheme of things, it serves no purpose.

Everyone keeps trying to massage the crystal ball in the hopes that it would provide more information, yet the crystal is permanently clouded.

Dealerships that have larger Cadillac allocation do stand a better chance of seeing your order built - but not always. It depends on how much monthly allocation they get - how many orders they're placing, and how Cadillac selects which orders to build first. The last point is the big question mark that NOBODY knows the answer to.

It could be based upon product supply and availability, constraints, who knows. You might place an order at the largest Cadillac dealer in the world as well as the smallest dealer in the world, and IMHO, you stand an equal chance of getting your order placed and accepted with allocation at the smaller dealer than you do at the larger dealer.

I really don't want to start adding more data points to a system that isn't completely accurate or reliable.

Use the tracking system as a vague guide and nothing more....

I have reached out to Cadillac and asked them for a list of the top 20 Cadillac dealers in the country for 2021. Based upon what I hear back, I'll post the results.

Yes, Sewell is a double edged sward. Tons of allocation, but also tons of orders in line. Recently, for the first time ever, I actually saw a breakdown of all allocations by dealer in the whole country so far (for the CT5V BW). Sewell had 24, and the next closest was one dealer with 11, a few with 8, and MOST dealers with 1-2. So, maybe their line is long, but when they get 3-5x the allocations of MOST other dealers, maybe it'll work out.

Also, they are actually great to work with (from what I have heard, and my short interaction with them so far) and never charge over MSRP.
Chances are we looked at the same breakdown. We have a dealership group here in Florida with high allocations, but they throw in those ADMs...as much as $20k. I think I'll stick with my current dealership and simply keep all my appendages, eyes, ears and nostrils crossed...may throw in a one-legged ass kick to help.

D.
Worth a shit if you ask me.

Send me a message if you want the details I’m not sure if they are still taking orders but it’s worth asking.

I would prefer not to because in the grand scheme of things, it serves no purpose.

Everyone keeps trying to massage the crystal ball in the hopes that it would provide more information, yet the crystal is permanently clouded.

Dealerships that have larger Cadillac allocation do stand a better chance of seeing your order built - but not always. It depends on how much monthly allocation they get - how many orders they're placing, and how Cadillac selects which orders to build first. The last point is the big question mark that NOBODY knows the answer to.

It could be based upon product supply and availability, constraints, who knows. You might place an order at the largest Cadillac dealer in the world as well as the smallest dealer in the world, and IMHO, you stand an equal chance of getting your order placed and accepted with allocation at the smaller dealer than you do at the larger dealer.

I really don't want to start adding more data points to a system that isn't completely accurate or reliable.

Use the tracking system as a vague guide and nothing more....

I have reached out to Cadillac and asked them for a list of the top 20 Cadillac dealers in the country for 2021. Based upon what I hear back, I'll post the results.
Ok, makes sense. I'm 3 weeks into a 6-8 month wait. I feel like I need to do... *something*... 😆

so w the nuking of the thread does that also nuke our 1100 status??? i mean just seems fitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop