Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
Some very interesting movement in the tracker with this update. Comparing the 5/23 update with the 5/26...
  • arudeone went from an EDD of 5/26 to delayed (ouch)
  • PWolf went from 3000 with a TPW of 5/30 to 3400 and a TPW of 6/13
  • RojoCaliente went from 4300 and an EDD of 6/17 to 4D00 and Delayed
  • StuckeyGR and jasonfichter went from 3400 and TPW of 5/16 to 3800 and a VIN
  • but sethsquire and theansw3r are still at 3400 with a TPW of 5/16
  • Caddydaddy, Mike Martz, Racer Flex and Ergoc5 went from 3400 with a TPW of 5/9 to 3800 and a VIN
  • Kimkeys99 went from an EDD of 5/17 to an EDD of 5/26 (Did you get it?)
  • Other TPWs and EDDs have been moved or switched to delayed, mostly on the 5BWs
Highest VINs on 5/23 were 860572, 810736, 460487, and 410733
Highest VINs of 5/26 were 860587, 810748, 460501, and 410818

This tells us that in the last 3 days there were at least 27 5BWs and 99 4BWs produced!
Thanks for this! It doesn't give me any actual answers about my own situation, but I looked and saw I was still at 5/16 TPW, but that the 5/9's and half the other 5/16's had vanished. My first question was "where did they go?!l!?"

Thanks for this! It doesn't give me any actual answers about my own situation, but I looked and saw I was still at 5/16 TPW, but that the 5/9's and half the other 5/16's had vanished. My first question was "where did they go?!l!?"
Additionally, I noticed that the 5/30 TPWs are now gone too...

Today I received a new excuse from the dealer. I have heard almost everything but this one is new to me. I asked the manager of the store to inquire on the situation with the regional rep or someone that may know something. This is his response to me.

“They produced more cars than the trucking company could ship and it’s so backlogged that they can’t ship already built cars. Cars fresh off the assembly line are being shipped and Gm is hiring another trucking company to ship the existing cars”.

At this point I think they are just picking an excuse out of a hat for the day and running with it. He had no timetable for delivery.

Today I received a new excuse from the dealer. I have heard almost everything but this one is new to me. I asked the manager of the store to inquire on the situation with the regional rep or someone that may know something. This is his response to me.

“They produced more cars than the trucking company could ship and it’s so backlogged that they can’t ship already built cars. Cars fresh off the assembly line are being shipped and Gm is hiring another trucking company to ship the existing cars”.

At this point I think they are just picking an excuse out of a hat for the day and running with it. He had no timetable for delivery.
Based on recent observance of build to delivery times, I think this explanation might be plausible (the part about them hiring another company to get the older cars out). The shortage of truck drivers has probably caused JCT some issues. The older built cars get "land/grid locked" in the lots as they are surrounded by more recent cars off the line.

I made a rare call to my ordering dealer today. Pleasant enough call. The sales guy I ordered from openly told me they don’t have any idea what is going on with the ordering and shipping. He made no promises about when to expect the car or when it would be shipped. Also mentioned it’s unknown why cars sit so long before being shipped. I did learn once my car is loaded on the truck it’s about 10 days to get to Nashville.

My goat rodeo experience is about to reach the final chapter. The car has arrived at the dealer in SF and now I get to deal with how long it may take a non-GM hired shipping company to bring it to me in Kansas. Thanks for all the work updating the progress of my build Rob, but you can now remove me from the list.

My goat rodeo experience is about to reach the final chapter. The car has arrived at the dealer in SF and now I get to deal with how long it may take a non-GM hired shipping company to bring it to me in Kansas. Thanks for all the work updating the progress of my build Rob, but you can now remove me from the list.
and FWIW the dealer put up a video review of my dad's car on 2 youtube videos. mine is identical except that i have red brake calipers and red seat belts.

I hope you won’t regret saying that. It ain’t over till the goat is in a headlock and you punch him in the balls.
yea that's why i said 'final chapter' and not 'over' b/c it ain't over yet

I'm in Vegas. I feel dirty from weeks of the Goat Rodeo. Here is how to get clean.
PXL_20220527_025212080.jpg

Dealer called me to let me know the computer updated me to status code 5000, however the car is definitely not there yet lol, not sure if anyone has experienced that before. He also mentioned something about a red status code 5000, he didn't even have a clue what that meant. Anyone have any insight?

Also good news, he confirmed that since I ordered it, definitely doing MSRP and no ADM. He said if I don't take it they'll slap $10k on the sticker price tho

You are showing remarkable restraint. If it were me, I would be on the next flight to SF and driving it back myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop