Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Delivery

JcBlackwing

My Blackwing has been produced since February 2022 but it’s been sitting on the distribution distribution center in Charlotte Michigan for over 6 months. My dealer doesn’t have an idea as of when my Blackwing is going to be delivered. I have contacted the Cadillac customer service without any luck. Does any body know why Cadillac is taking so long to deliver the Balckwing?

My car was produced Feb. 7th, picked it up last Monday was on dealer floor for five days and delivered four days before that.

My 2022 CT5v BW was built on March 10th, 2022 and I didn't get delivery until June 9th. I did not order the carbon fiber packages or ceramic brakes. I know that they have a tremendous back log on carbon fiber parts. Cadillac just posted news that 2023 MY Blackwings will be "extremely limited production" (their words, not mine) and they will only be building 20% of what they thought they could produce. This means that there will be many disappointed people who will NOT receive a car. This supply and chip issue has only gotten worse.
Good luck !

My 2022 CT5v BW was built on March 10th, 2022 and I didn't get delivery until June 9th. I did not order the carbon fiber packages or ceramic brakes. I know that they have a tremendous back log on carbon fiber parts. Cadillac just posted news that 2023 MY Blackwings will be "extremely limited production" (their words, not mine) and they will only be building 20% of what they thought they could produce. This means that there will be many disappointed people who will NOT receive a car. This supply and chip issue has only gotten worse.
Good luck !
My BW has both carbon fiber 1 & 2
Well, I’ll keep waiting

My Blackwing has been produced since February 2022 but it’s been sitting on the distribution distribution center in Charlotte Michigan for over 6 months. My dealer doesn’t have an idea as of when my Blackwing is going to be delivered. I have contacted the Cadillac customer service without any luck. Does any body know why Cadillac is taking so long to deliver the Balckwing?
Unfortunately GM reported not to long ago they had 400,000 vehicles sitting for various reasons and that they would be delivered by the end of the 4th quarter.

That's a shit load of GM product they need to move around to install the various missing parts, etc. This could be one of the main reasons your car is still there or the late movement.

FWIW- The 20% remarks doesn't apply to the blackwings

@JcBlackwing ........welcome to the rodeo. You have a lot of reading to do on this forum.

@FLYARMY ......pretty sure that article is referring to regular V's and not Blackwings

The wording of those articles are part and parcel of examples of just how difficult getting information right on this has been.

Its an impossible situation, either build unfinished cars or lay off workers (union, so to a certain extent you have to pay them anyway). Either way, they are hemorrhaging money.

What I don't get is you have the means to keep your dealers up to date on what's missing but they aren't.

Unfortunately GM reported not to long ago they had 400,000 vehicles sitting for various reasons and that they would be delivered by the end of the 4th quarter.

That's a shit load of GM product they need to move around to install the various missing parts, etc. This could be one of the main reasons your car is still there or the late movement.

FWIW- The 20% remarks doesn't apply to the blackwings

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners