Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Anyone else having engine oil issues?

theprototype

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5V Blackwing
For going on the past year now I've been getting low engine oil warnings on the car. I've taken it to the dealership, thankfully still under warranty, probably 5 times now for this. The first few times they checked and said there was nothing wrong and just did oil changes on the car. Somewhere around June they did an oil consumption test where they had me bring the car in 1,000 miles after the last oil change to run diagnostics. They said everything looked good and then a month later I got another warning. They kept the car in the shop for maybe 2 weeks at that point while they changed out the entire oil sensor for a new one. Fast forward 2-3 months and today I got yet another low engine oil / add oil warning. Engine oil life per the car is at 79% and I've only logged about 9k miles so it doesn't seem like it's burning through it. There's also no stains anywhere I park so I don't think it's leaking fluid. At this point the car has been in the shop for longer than every other car I've ever owned combined. Are any of yall having these issues? Should I entertain a lemon law type approach and start asking for a refund or replacement? Don't know what to do at this point as it seems like this issue is beyond repair.

That sucks don't know what to say.

`We've had oil issues in our 2004 BMW since it was new. I've had many seals & gaskets and what not replaced over the years...most recently late summer...and I still keep getting low oil light and just keep adding oil...

So it’s not consuming oil? Just warning?⚠️ Aggravating for sure wiring gremlin. Lemon law is obviously different in every state very difficult to run through. I’ve been there GM no longer buys back vehicles unless it’s last resort. Recently on a 2020 sierra got lemon law attorney involved GM did not purchase the vehicle Instead reimbursed us approximately 1/3 of the cost of it minus attorneys fees which weren’t that bad. Selling dealer knew I wasn’t happy, gave me an unbelievable trade-in, and a very fair price on a new one. Might want to go that route easier.
JM2C

Dumb question alert...are you checking the oil yourself? I prefer to check the oil in the garage before I drive it (weather gawds permitting, of course). I would take this upon yourself and start checking under consistent conditions and then you can establish if there are usage trends. Document everything, including oil type. Are you sure the dealership is using the correct oil?

With my DD's I feel like I'm trying to pretend its 1956 every time I fill up because I "check under the hood" at gas stations. I'm not looking for usage trends, just hoping there is any amount of oil on the stick.

Are you referring to low engine oil level or low oil pressure?

If it is oil level that should pretty simple to check by using the oil dipstick in a consistent method, like in the morning after all the oil drains down into the pan.

However, if you are referring to low oil pressure that is a different story. The early LT4s in the Camaros suffered from bad oil pumps. I believe they changed the design and corrected the failures but it is a long standing thread on the Camaro forums and still some report this on 2020 and 2021 LT4s.

See this thread here for the poll and discussion.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back