Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Fit and Finish Issues - '23 4BW

Unfortunately my seat belt retractor squeak is back. Came back the third time after it was "fixed" - guess I celebrated too soon. It isn't near as loud - guessing he just sprayed it with something versus actually f-ing fixing it right. I'm too old - I remember when most people actually cared about their work - and running into people that did a poor job was the exception. Seems running into people that do a job right the first time is now the exception. Sigh.

I tried the Gummy stuff on the sunroof seal to see if it will help. I will report back what I hear (or don't)!

There is a guy on Rennlist they pretty much added felt and other things to get rid of every rattle and squeak. He has a whole tread on the interior in how to take it apart and eliminate all of it. My 2023 4BW is rattle free once I got the rear shock replaced. My V2 had a few squeaks but I tracked them down and added felt or silicon spray lube. One was actually in the glovebox, I went through and tightened all the small interior trim screws and thst fixed lots of the squeaks.

There is a guy on Rennlist they pretty much added felt and other things to get rid of every rattle and squeak. He has a whole tread on the interior in how to take it apart and eliminate all of it. My 2023 4BW is rattle free once I got the rear shock replaced. My V2 had a few squeaks but I tracked them down and added felt or silicon spray lube. One was actually in the glovebox, I went through and tightened all the small interior trim screws and thst fixed lots of the squeaks.
This is the goal, but I've been working on my 4Runner for years and while solid for the most part, parking it outside for the first time this past winter really loosened a few things up. Between rattle-chasing, stereos, and other mods, I've gotten pretty good at taking that interior apart.

I hope the 4BW doesn't ever need that, but I know that's wishful thinking - all cars do. My buddy's amazing GT3 has a few already.

A motor revving to 8K is going to make interior parts vibrate for sure.

Unfortunately my seat belt retractor squeak is back. Came back the third time after it was "fixed" - guess I celebrated too soon. It isn't near as loud - guessing he just sprayed it with something versus actually f-ing fixing it right. I'm too old - I remember when most people actually cared about their work - and running into people that did a poor job was the exception. Seems running into people that do a job right the first time is now the exception. Sigh.

I tried the Gummy stuff on the sunroof seal to see if it will help. I will report back what I hear (or don't)!
Gummy stuff didn’t fix the sunroof wind noise but I did put it on all the door gaskets based on your recos. Scheduled another visit on the seat belt. Found out the guy just replaced the trim piece not the retractor. I hate when techs that don’t listen when you give well thought-out problem diagnoses.

I will also have one of the horns replaced since 1 went out and it now sounds like a clown car.

I (4BW) have a little rattle coming from the A pillar area. I noticed the same rattle on a CT4 sport that the dealer gave me.

Those days are long gone. And never, ever to come back when people can simply put out their entitled hand and collect from their government.

As for your squeaky belt, pull it out all the way and hold it. Use a little WD40 with the straw and squirt some on the mechanism. Did this on my 2020 Sierra 18 months ago when a squeak popped up and it has never returned.

Update: I was able to convince the dealer to replace the seatbelt retractor. When I picked it up the difference was immediately obvious. Not only was the squeak gone the belt just felt more like it should. It was no longer tight to pull out. So I’m happy with the result even though it took multiple tries.

Also my low octave horn went out so that was also replaced.

Those days are long gone. And never, ever to come back when people can simply put out their entitled hand and collect from their government.

As for your squeaky belt, pull it out all the way and hold it. Use a little WD40 with the straw and squirt some on the mechanism. Did this on my 2020 Sierra 18 months ago when a squeak popped up and it has never returned.
You are 100% correct about the laziness of people. We need a work ethic and not an entitlement ethic.

This is my first car with a wireless charger and I've always heard how pointless they were in cars. All I ever read was they weren't so much of a charger as they were a phone heater. Made the phones get extremely hot and barely charged the phone. I was shocked when the one in my BW actually worked. It doesn't charge incredibly quickly, but the phone doesn't really get hot at all.
I had wireless charging in my 2018 Silverado HD, barely charged the phone at all. In my 2022 Sierra HD, works great. Hoping the one in my Blackwing works as well.

My 2022 GMC AT4 has wireless charging and has an AC small duct underneath to keep it cool. When I run the AC, my phone is cold to touch and charging perfectly. No AC running, phone is warmer for sure. I haven’t checked to see if the 5BW has the same feature. My phone seems to charge fine on short trips.

I had a 2019 A7 Prestige and the wireless charger plus phone use to get very hot and charge very slow.

The stupid wireless charger in my wife's car cost us an additional $300. It came with the car. The funny part is that our phones are not compatible with wireless charging.

My rear decklid rattle is getting worse? Anyone noticed any noises over sharp bumps coming from behind the rear seats?

I'm not crazy about taking it apart, but I will if I have to.

My rear decklid rattle is getting worse? Anyone noticed any noises over sharp bumps coming from behind the rear seats?

I'm not crazy about taking it apart, but I will if I have to.
Bring it back to the dealership. They should really take care of it.

It could be the headliner towards the back where it meets the rear window. Mine was loose, it would move up and down if pressed. I wedged some foam/rubber material on either side which helped tighten it up and reduced the noise it made over bumps.

I get one right at the Homelink buttons. If I press on it by the headliner it goes away for awhile. Will need to get into it for a better fix.

Is it me or is the felt on the wrong side? This is how is came from GM. It's the same on both sides. I want to get more felt to protect the hard plastics from scraping.
1000017943.jpg

Picked it up yesterday, noticed it today. Tried fixing it but it won't latch. I'll try to solve the creaking on the driver's side next.
20240421_114220.jpg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners