Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

4BW hood with carbon insert

JB5359

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing, 2007 CTS-V (6.0l NA)
Hey folks, just got my new hood painted and wanted to share with everyone. Definitely loving the new look. This is a prototype from Tapout. They are making a few more changes to perfect the design before releasing to the public but you will get the idea from my pic.

IMG_1434.jpeg
IMG_1435.jpeg
IMG_1437.jpeg

Agreed, I’m just not sure that’s the one.
Sorry @JB5359 it’s just that it’s derivative of the old design and I think a new design would be better.

Sorry @JB5359 it’s just that it’s derivative of the old design and I think a new design would be better.
Haha no worries. I'm sure there will be other designs over time, but I'm really happy with this one, especially since it is the only one in the world right now!

Haha no worries. I'm sure there will be other designs over time, but I'm really happy with this one, especially since it is the only one in the world right now!
Well not the ONLY one...

I like this high cowl on the pink and orange car have.... Just not feeling good about CF from AliExpress

I like this high cowl on the pink one.... Just not feeling good about CF from AliExpress
Haha I can't blame you. Could be some tricky fitment with that too.

I've seen "carbon" hoods that are really carbon film layered over fiberglass. Seems it would weigh significantly more than the stock aluminum unit.

I would consider buying one that was significantly stiffer, and did not make aerodynamics worse than stock. Those are my 2 requirements.

@WONT TAP - surely you've seen the hood flutter (on CT5 at least) at speeds that are not really that fast. I'm stunned the paint is flexible enough to stay on through that !!

The flat hoods on these cars was a major disappointment. These cars definitely needed some type of scoop or vents.
I am now neutral to vents / no vents after owning the car for a year although I must admit I initially wrote the car off for "not looking aggressive enough". I think some waterfall style vents down the sides of the hood (kind of like the hellcat chargers) could be cool as an aftermarket offering for the 5 as long as it plays into the body lines well. OP - Hood looks good especially painted with the extractor left CF

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back