Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

4BW General Questions Thread

Does anyone else have their phone audio cut out a lot when playing music through apple car play? Playing music through Amazon music, I am constantly hearing the music cut in and out. Maybe once every 20-30 seconds.

Do any of the 4BW gang have the alcantara steering wheel? How's it going so far?
I like the performance wheel (or whatever it's called that I've got) but when carving a straight line and it's hot out, normally not sweaty me gets sweaty hands on the wheel.
I had the M Performance wheel on my M2 which was 1/3 alcantara (basically where your hands will be) and really liked it.
Thought I could maybe add it later, but need to find a dealer that has one on a BW and check.

Here's my feeling on the alcantara wheel and shifter. Looks very cool. I can already feel my natural oil fusing into the wheel. During the hot days my hand sweat would get on the wheel. Then the AC would cool it due to the position of the vents. But as soon as you need to make precise inputs on the wheel and shifter. The pro's of having the alcantara kicks in. I'm genuinely curious how I'll feel about it in the winter.

I have Alcantara on my 09 CTS-V that I've owned since new. It still looks and feels fine. For the first 10 or so years of ownership I always washed by hands before driving it to reduce the oil. Then I got lazy about it for the last 3 years. I can't say I've noticed any difference. To clean it I would just use a damp cloth with a little soap and another damp one to "rinse" it.

My wife has only driven that car a few times. Based on how the leather steering wheel looked in her car during this time I would think she would have had an effect on the Alcantara had she driven the car frequently.

Bottom line is if you don't use lotions or other moisturizers it should hold up fine.

I have Alcantara on my 09 CTS-V that I've owned since new. It still looks and feels fine. For the first 10 or so years of ownership I always washed by hands before driving it to reduce the oil. Then I got lazy about it for the last 3 years. I can't say I've noticed any difference. To clean it I would just use a damp cloth with a little soap and another damp one to "rinse" it.

My wife has only driven that car a few times. Based on how the leather steering wheel looked in her car during this time I would think she would have had an effect on the Alcantara had she driven the car frequently.

Bottom line is if you don't use lotions or other moisturizers it should hold up fine.
How often did you brush out the debris/dust from your Alcantara steering wheel? Just wondering.
It seems they could be dust sponges.

I never noticed dust on it specifically. The dash leather is a dust magnet but the wheel seems fine. In the early years of ownership I'd probably clean the inside at least once a month. After have kids several years ago it dropped to about 4 times a year.

How often did you brush out the debris/dust from your Alcantara steering wheel? Just wondering.
It seems they could be dust sponges.
Not really dust issue, the challenge is that it eventually gets matted down from the oils on your hands. If you are not OCD like me then it is probably fine but I don't like it on the steering wheel and shifter since it requires more upkeep.

The steering wheel on my sons Camaro was Alcantara and he did not take care of it and it looked and felt atrocious.

I think if you wash hands and wipe it down you will be ok. I used to even put the steering wheel felt cover it shipped with on when dropping it for warranty work. I'll take a picture in the morning so you can see how it looks after 100k miles and 13 years.

I too was worried about wear so when I noticed the manual shifter was missing the Alcantara I never complained. Just makes my car a one off so I can add thousands to the price when I sell. "One of a kind!" The shifter does show some wear so I do wonder how that would have fared.

The steering wheel on my sons Camaro was Alcantara and he did not take care of it and it looked and felt atrocious.
Yeah, if you keep your hands clean and maintain it then it is doable but if not it starts to look like this. Some folks put the glove box use again for the first time in 50 years and wear gloves. I don't have the energy for that.

Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 9.23.02 PM.png

I know the car is quite muted on the inside, but throatier on the outside; however, I'm having a tough time really judging just how loud it is for those not behind the wheel. Does anyone have any good realistic videos? It seems cold start videos are the only common type of noice vids.

I did some searching and found this on Youtube, which gives an outside the car look/listen at the exhaust, and it seems quieter than I would have imagined.

I know the car is quite muted on the inside, but throatier on the outside; however, I'm having a tough time really judging just how loud it is for those not behind the wheel. Does anyone have any good realistic videos? It seems cold start videos are the only common type of noice vids.

I did some searching and found this on Youtube, which gives an outside the car look/listen at the exhaust, and it seems quieter than I would have imagined.
Do you have anyone that you trust that could do a drive by? I’ve been outside when my wife is pulling in and I can definitely hear it before I can see it.

I have the same experience with my wife. You can hear the car from several blocks away in a neighborhood setting when she comes home with it.

I have the same experience with my wife. You can hear the car from several blocks away in a neighborhood setting when she comes home with it.

I have a very similar experience with my wife. She doesn’t have a 4BW or drive much for that matter, but you can still hear her from several blocks away when she’s home.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back