Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

4BW General Questions Thread

I tried that already. As soon as you tough the icon it immediately opens it. I see you have a 5BW, maybe its different than a 4BW
Weird. The manual says long press and drag to the corner of the screen to move it to another page.
I'm going to try this next time I'm in the car.

Weird. The manual says long press and drag to the corner of the screen to move it to another page.
I'm going to try this next time I'm in the car.
I'll try again but I did that twice today and could not get it to do anything other than open the app

3rd time is the charm. It’s very clumsy compared to how it worked in the Charger.

By the way, the best configurable dash and radio has to be the Dodge Charger.

- Is there a way to rev past 4500 when sitting still? I tried it in neutral and in gear, in and out of Park.
- Is there a way to make the stereo shut off when you shut off the car (before opening the door)?

Thanks, y'all!

- Is there a way to rev past 4500 when sitting still? I tried it in neutral and in gear, in and out of Park.
- Is there a way to make the stereo shut off when you shut off the car (before opening the door)?

Thanks, y'all!
1. why would you want to? (I am pretty sure you can change your launch control RPM, it's in the manual)
2. In the Manual there is a volume knob on the radio that you can press that will turn off the radio

Pressing the button mutes it, but doesn't turn it off. There is a message that says pressing and holding will power it down. I have been using Android Auto and Pandora for music, so whenever the car is activated by opening the door or walking near it in my garage with the key fob in my pocket, it turns on Pandora on my phone. I guess I'll need to change to another audio source to prevent that, not that it is a major problem, just odd.

Anyone else get a strange smell in the cabin after getting on the throttle in boost? It's hard to describe, not really a burning smell (like engine oil), but I smell something different coming into the car after a spirited pull from a stop light/sign. Not sure if it's normal or not.

I only have a little over 600 miles so just out of the breaking period. Perhaps it's oil/grease burning off the turbos from the manufacturing process?

Anyone else have a bit of 2nd gear synchro scruffiness before everything warms up?

It's a well-worn cliche in the sporty-Honda community so I am used to it over the years, but it's only lately when I've been doing more short town drives vs hitting the highway for country roads I've really noticed it.

Once warm it's a dream shifter that is Honda worthy, so it's no big deal.
Super common TR6060 issue. Mustangs, Camaros, Vipers, SSs, and Corvettes. I swapped fluid in my SS with Mobil 1 ATF Dexron III, and it helped a lot. The more I read, the more I think fresh fluid (brand doesn't matter, as long as it meets the GM spec) is the solution.

Anyone else get a strange smell in the cabin after getting on the throttle in boost? It's hard to describe, not really a burning smell (like engine oil), but I smell something different coming into the car after a spirited pull from a stop light/sign. Not sure if it's normal or not.

I only have a little over 600 miles so just out of the breaking period. Perhaps it's oil/grease burning off the turbos from the manufacturing process?
I am only at 250 miles but I know what you mean. I was getting on it a little bit but still keeping the rpm down and I noticed the odor as well. I think it is burn off when you create more heat but I am new to this LF4 so not sure what is normal.

I am only at 250 miles but I know what you mean. I was getting on it a little bit but still keeping the rpm down and I noticed the odor as well. I think it is burn off when you create more heat but I am new to this LF4 so not sure what is normal.
I also had that fluid/grease smell with the first few times hard in boost after pretty much avoiding boost for the first 500 miles. The smell disappeared completely after some more break-in. Hopefully you'll have the same experience.

Any way to get the turn signals to auto-off after a turn or lane change? All I get is a message telling me to turn them off...wth?

Do different engine levels (tour, sport, track) impact the amount of cooling that turns on?
I didn't see anything in the manual saying as such and maybe the car is smart enough to turn it on as needed regardless of mode?

Asking as with the M2C, when in Sport+ the fans would engage much earlier/by default be on, compared to Comfort and Sport.

When the gas tank is low the miles left indicator just switches to LOW which feels like a cruel joke since that’s the only time I would ever really need to know how much gas I have left. Is there a way to change this?

Last edited:
When the gas tank is low the miles left indicator just switches to LOW which feels like a cruel joke since that’s the only time I would ever really need to know how much gas I have left. Is there a way to change this?
I thought you could dismiss the message by pressing the select button on the steering wheel?

I thought you could dismiss the message by pressing the select button on the steering wheel?

You can dismiss the "LOW FUEL" popup, but then the indicator for how many miles are left on your tank still just reads "LOW" ... at least as far as what I'm seeing.

As far as I have noticed on my 5, it seemed to go to "low" at about 50 miles left or so. That is a little higher than my previous ATS used to do. Even when my tank has been pretty much on E, I still had more than a gallon left when I filled up. YMMV

You can dismiss the "LOW FUEL" popup, but then the indicator for how many miles are left on your tank still just reads "LOW" ... at least as far as what I'm seeing.
FWIW, on my 4BW the low fuel warning came on at around 30 miles remaining. When I went to fill up it appears I had about 2 gallons left.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back