Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

4BW General Questions Thread

Can anyone explain the comfort differences between the "base" Blackwing seats and the upgraded sport seats? I've found the upgraded ones to be difficult to get comfortable in for long drives due to the intrusive lumbar support. I suppose some will think I'm nuts, but it's real for me.

Thanks.

It is real, which is why there is a choice. The standard Blackwing seats are a more agressive seat anyhow offered as "sport" in the non V series cars.

Can anyone explain the comfort differences between the "base" Blackwing seats and the upgraded sport seats? I've found the upgraded ones to be difficult to get comfortable in for long drives due to the intrusive lumbar support. I suppose some will think I'm nuts, but it's real for me.

Thanks.
I sat in all three recently. Not for long periods of time but here were my initial impressions.

The base seats are the softest but lack the deeper bolstering. I have them in my 4BW. They don't look as cool as the upgraded seats but they are noticeably more comfortable. They only have control for the lumbar and upper side bolsters. No bolster control for your hip area. This is party what makes them more comfy as you are sitting on a cushion and they are a little easier to get in and out of. They are not leather, they are Inteluxe, which is really vinyl. Easy to clean but not from a cow.

The next step up is the mid tier sport seats that have a combination of leather, microfiber suede, cloth and Inteluxe. Here you pick up the deeper bolstering but they feel a little softer than the top tier leather seats since you are sitting on the suede. No ventilation or massage. This is a good middle of the road if you want the sporty look but want to save some money and they are pretty comfortable. Not as soft as the base seats but not as firm as the full leather seats.

You pretty much know the drill on the upgraded ones since you own them already. Have you adjusted the lumbar setting on your seat to see if you can dial it in to your liking?

Do any of the 4BW gang have the alcantara steering wheel? How's it going so far?
I like the performance wheel (or whatever it's called that I've got) but when carving a straight line and it's hot out, normally not sweaty me gets sweaty hands on the wheel.
I had the M Performance wheel on my M2 which was 1/3 alcantara (basically where your hands will be) and really liked it.
Thought I could maybe add it later, but need to find a dealer that has one on a BW and check.

No your right. But how do you exit? With no PTM set up in V mode you can use the PTM switch on wheel to get PTM and out, "inactive" but also exit V mode with one click vs the TC button. The choice is yours hence the different ways.
After I've been in V mode, I can just tap it again to get out of it. Since my car is a regular V, I do the double tap to get to the PTM options quickly.

I sat in all three recently. Not for long periods of time but here were my initial impressions.

The base seats are the softest but lack the deeper bolstering. I have them in my 4BW. They don't look as cool as the upgraded seats but they are noticeably more comfortable. They only have control for the lumbar and upper side bolsters. No bolster control for your hip area. This is party what makes them more comfy as you are sitting on a cushion and they are a little easier to get in and out of. They are not leather, they are Inteluxe, which is really vinyl. Easy to clean but not from a cow.

The next step up is the mid tier sport seats that have a combination of leather, microfiber suede, cloth and Inteluxe. Here you pick up the deeper bolstering but they feel a little softer than the top tier leather seats since you are sitting on the suede. No ventilation or massage. This is a good middle of the road if you want the sporty look but want to save some money and they are pretty comfortable. Not as soft as the base seats but not as firm as the full leather seats.

You pretty much know the drill on the upgraded ones since you own them already. Have you adjusted the lumbar setting on your seat to see if you can dial it in to your liking?

Great reply, thanks. I have tried every setting on the seats a few times, including the lumbar (put it on the minimum intrusion and moved it up and down; no luck). You have said exactly what I thought might be the case; the base seats are the more day-to-day comfortable, but the least suited for spirited driving.

Great reply, thanks. I have tried every setting on the seats a few times, including the lumbar (put it on the minimum intrusion and moved it up and down; no luck). You have said exactly what I thought might be the case; the base seats are the more day-to-day comfortable, but the least suited for spirited driving.
Yeah, pros and cons... Everyone has a different tolerance level though. I was coming from ZL1 with Recaros that were still breaking in so these base seats in the Blackwing feel like I am sitting in a Lazy Boy chair. :)

This question is inspired by the Locked Key Fob In Trunk thread.

My old '18 STI had keyless entry and a fob. It also had the ability to program a code into the trunk release button. Punching in that code would unlock the car. This was so you could intentionally lock your fob in the car.

Does Cadillac not have a similar feature?

What are the specific settings I need in order to use launch control? Every time I scroll to LC it just says "Not Available"

What are the specific settings I need in order to use launch control? Every time I scroll to LC it just says "Not Available"

Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 6.57.46 PM.png

"Steering wheel is pointing straight"? But how will I do my sweet power slide coming out of Cars & Coffee?

Part of why I never buy performance vehicles used is because of how the majority of owners treat them. Ignoring break-in, Reving the engine to the limiters when cold, no cool down period after spirited drives. Leaving a C&C on cold performance tires, with a cold engine on slick pavement, the ECM should be equipped with a self-preservation mode that ejects the driver. 🤣

There's a difference between spirited driving and beating on the car....

Also, anyone driving slower than me is an idiot, and anyone driving faster than me is a lunatic.

Most of us are probably old enough to get the reference. But for the yoots:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners