Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

4BW General Questions Thread

Seth

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing 46-404
Yes I KNOW there is an owner's manual and yes I am reading it. They really bury some stuff in there though, and I figured y'all may have your own questions anyway.

1) What does pushing the button on the end of the turn signal stalk do?
2) Why is there a key logo in the second cupholder? Are they just saying "this is a good spot to put your keys" or is there more to it?

I notice that when I'm listening to spotify, the song information pops up on the HUD when I skip to the next track. However, if the music just organically goes from one track to the next, nothing pops up - is there any way to change this?

Yes I KNOW there is an owner's manual and yes I am reading it. They really bury some stuff in there though, and I figured y'all may have your own questions anyway.

1) What does pushing the button on the end of the turn signal stalk do?
2) Why is there a key logo in the second cupholder? Are they just saying "this is a good spot to put your keys" or is there more to it?
1) It turns off the intellibeam function.

Anyone else have a bit of 2nd gear synchro scruffiness before everything warms up?

It's a well-worn cliche in the sporty-Honda community so I am used to it over the years, but it's only lately when I've been doing more short town drives vs hitting the highway for country roads I've really noticed it.

Once warm it's a dream shifter that is Honda worthy, so it's no big deal.

I think this is a normal feel for the transmission unfortunately. Someone else commented on another thread that 2nd tends to feel a bit crunchy until it gets to temp. I also noticed this early on when I first got the car. Thought I was in gear and the gauge cluster even showed “2”, but I wasn’t in gear

probably a good idea to exchange trans fluid after break-in = had to do same on my 2015 SS with 6mt and helped a lot...

Does anyone else get more 'pops' in Track mode than V Mode or My Mode with the exhaust setting turned to 11?
It could be I was just on it more on this particular stretch than before, as I get more comfortable with the car, but I was getting way more than on any previous sporty run.

There is a really good (lightly viewed) Youtube 4BW review where a GM engineer mentions that all things being equal, having Setting A at Level 3 in one mode doesn't necessarily mean it's the same as having it there in another and after yesterday it got me wondering if the pops were a manifestation of that.

Yes, my perception is that it pops more often (and possibly deeper) when decelerating in Track than with the same user selected exhaust setting in V.

Yes, my perception is that it pops more often (and possibly deeper) when decelerating in Track than with the same user selected exhaust setting in V.
Thanks for that. Ya I might have to jack V Mode up to track then as it works really well on decent or better surfaces, and the pops are fun and all, but zipping through the canyons it might be a bit more 'how ya doing everyone!' than I'd otherwise like.

There is a really good (lightly viewed) Youtube 4BW review where a GM engineer mentions that all things being equal, having Setting A at Level 3 in one mode doesn't necessarily mean it's the same as having it there in another

Well, that's certainly non-intuitive. Can you link us this video? Thanks in advance!

1 - press that button to turn on the auto high beams.

The GM owner manual is horrible it’s as if it was written by baboons.

Correction: It's to turn OFF the auto high beams--if you use that button properly. I don't like it when other drivers blind me with these infernal systems and I choose not to blind others. These systems, including on my 5BW, don't turn off the lights fast enough nor do they turn them back on fast enough. Yet another thing best done by a human paying attention while driving, in my opinion. I know when a car is coming at me over the next hill or around a curve but these systems don't. I also don't understand why people feel a need to drive in an urban setting with high beams on, where the high beams don't actually help you see the road better.

Okay, got that off my chest, thanks. :)

Well, that's certainly non-intuitive. Can you link us this video? Thanks in advance!
NP - it really is way down the 4BW videos list, fair bit of scrolling to find it.
PTM and modes starts at 7:10, but everything up to that is good too.

TBF, I may have mischaracterized the levels working differently on rewatch, as I was thinking about how he talked about the throttle. Ofc that said, more pops in track still.

Last edited:
Is there a way to switch the order of the apps on the media screen? I don't have or use Android Auto. I'd like to move PDR to main screen and Climate as well.

I could move all the app icons in my 2020 Charger ScatPack WB

I tried that already. As soon as you tough the icon it immediately opens it. I see you have a 5BW, maybe its different than a 4BW
Curious that it would be different. When I long press, it gives a screen where you can rearrange or delete icons.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back