Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

A couple months delayed, but I took my Blackwing to Laguna Seca for its first track day last fall. God damn is it capable. I had multiple people find me in the pits and give me kudos for bringing it out and driving it like it was meant to me. The burble it makes on the flat upshifts is delightful. I managed a sub 1:40. I had a 1:38.xx cooking but completely blew Turn 11 on that lap.

At my pace, the tires and brakes had about 12 mins in them before they got too hot and I had to back off. Laguna is a hard braking track so I'm happy with that. Upgraded pads and tires would fix that problem but I'm leaving it alone as I have a race car that is my normal track tool. My friends in 911 GT3's said they had a hard time catching me on the straights (obviously faster in the corners). If you haven't tracked yours, I highly recommend it!
3F2A8D27-2E05-49D4-B954-F4BEC3A9DF1B.jpg
04CF348D-FEB3-43E4-A76B-B59FEAFA3E17.jpg
8EC5D08B-8FC6-4E54-A46A-6A7F6DA54C0F.jpg
24A878C3-AEBC-4269-8E1A-AA77FC86F28C.jpg

Do you have the steel or CCBs? That onboard video made me want to go out and hit some mountain roads. Looks like so much fun

I have steels. I knew I’d be tracking it occasionally and didn’t want to pay CCB replacement costs.

The ccbs aren't even that much better in my opinion. I had a C6Z with The carbon ceramic brakes and I feel like that car didn't stop any better than my ZL1 1LE on the same tracks. The carbon ceramic rotors only lasted me about a year and a half and roughly about 15 track days for they got to the point where they needed replacement. At $1,200 a pop, I really don't recommend them other than the bling Factor if you absolutely want that

The ccbs aren't even that much better in my opinion. I had a C6Z with The carbon ceramic brakes and I feel like that car didn't stop any better than my ZL1 1LE on the same tracks. The carbon ceramic rotors only lasted me about a year and a half and roughly about 15 track days for they got to the point where they needed replacement. At $1,200 a pop, I really don't recommend them other than the bling Factor if you absolutely want that
I believe the 5BW rotors are $4K to $5K a piece for replacement. I have them because I was able to get a new MY22 car instead of waiting for a MY23 allocation. I would not (did not) have speced them, but ended up paying less for the car than a MY23 without them due to the price jump.

Last edited:
The ccbs aren't even that much better in my opinion. I had a C6Z with The carbon ceramic brakes and I feel like that car didn't stop any better than my ZL1 1LE on the same tracks.
I don't believe that's why people buy the CCBs. I don't remember anyone thinking or saying CCBs would stop the car faster, and Cadillac seemed very proud of the steel brakes' ability to withstand track use (not overheat). Reducing unsprung weight is the main benefit.

I'd be more interested in whether our cars with CCBs ride better over a bad road (without sacrificing suspension performance) than those with steel rotors. I don't know the answer to that, having only driven my car (with CCBs).

Side benefits of the CCBs include reduced brake dust and significantly longer brake replacement intervals, I'm told (if not tracking the car!). Bling is very far down the list (and played zero role in my decision).

I went with CCBs with the future resale thought in mind... Either way, on the daily, my CCBs remind me very loudly that I'm driving them like a princess and I should be ashamed of myself.

Going on week 3 at the dealership trying to find out why it’s burning through oil. Yay for me! Engine is apparently out of the car at this point and being taken apart. Good times
That’s crazy! How has your exhaust mod been holding up? Are they trying to blame that mod for the burning oil? I don’t think that has anything to do with it but wondering.

That’s crazy! How has your exhaust mod been holding up? Are they trying to blame that mod for the burning oil? I don’t think that has anything to do with it but wondering.
Nope and they know better than to try to link the two. Exhaust sounds great, wish I had the car so I could hear it and not this 4 cylinder loaner I’ve had the past few weeks.

Got it back from 631 coatings here in long island that did the works, paint correction, PPF, ceramic coating, 35% ceramic tints. Looking gooood! Still can't figure out this cars angles lol. Looks so much better in person.

Attachments

• 20240427_110555.jpg
    20240427_110555.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 40
  • 20240427_110542.jpg
    20240427_110542.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 40
Put the rest of the black badges on today.
PXL_20240430_211946702.jpg
PXL_20240430_212042664.jpg
PXL_20240430_212215536.MP.jpg
PXL_20240430_212229302.jpg

Drove the car on a 1300 mile round trip over the weekend to see the Indycar race at Barber Motorsports Park near Birmingham, AL. I doubled the mileage on the car, lol. It's now fully broken in. What a wonderful road trip car.

A couple months delayed, but I took my Blackwing to Laguna Seca for its first track day last fall. God damn is it capable. I had multiple people find me in the pits and give me kudos for bringing it out and driving it like it was meant to me. The burble it makes on the flat upshifts is delightful. I managed a sub 1:40. I had a 1:38.xx cooking but completely blew Turn 11 on that lap.

At my pace, the tires and brakes had about 12 mins in them before they got too hot and I had to back off. Laguna is a hard braking track so I'm happy with that. Upgraded pads and tires would fix that problem but I'm leaving it alone as I have a race car that is my normal track tool. My friends in 911 GT3's said they had a hard time catching me on the straights (obviously faster in the corners). If you haven't tracked yours, I highly recommend it!View attachment 25524View attachment 25525View attachment 25526View attachment 25527
Such awesome photos!! I'm hoping to take mine there soon. Did you change brake fluid?

Installed the MPI lid today, had to modify the plastic fuel line standoffs to fit in the bolt holes but otherwise the anodized blue lid looks amazing in the light. The blue is def darker than the electric blue body but matches the blue of the calipers. So light compared the stock. Boy does she whine now… wowzer.

Attachments

• IMG_5643.jpeg
    IMG_5643.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5641.jpeg
    IMG_5641.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5636.jpeg
    IMG_5636.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5635.jpeg
    IMG_5635.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 19
Got it back from 631 coatings here in long island that did the works, paint correction, PPF, ceramic coating, 35% ceramic tints. Looking gooood! Still can't figure out this cars angles lol. Looks so much better in person.
Pictures look great... Did you get full PFF or just front end protection? How long did they take to complete the work? Shopping around to get mine done as well.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back