Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

Yoooo I like these. Do they make them in red?
Yes
image_0.jpeg

Wonder how they’d look against the tech bronze wheels… hmmm

I bought one of those soap foam cannons from Amazon and the Chemical Guys foam soap. What a pleasure to completely cover the entire car in thick soap that stays on for a long time while washing the car ! Since I retired 3 years ago, I have my own personal vehicle detailing station on the side of my house. Air compressor, pressure washer, vacuum, orbital buffer, canvass awning, complete detailing supplies. My next purchase is to get the Quick Jack hydraulic lift system to make changing and cleaning my wheels easier.

Attachments

• 20240408_223604.jpg
    20240408_223604.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 40
If u get the quick Jack - do this hack.

Out with the old, in with the Blue... Finally got around to getting rid of those terrible bronze calipers. They may look good behind different wheels, but bronze on bronze was a bad decision. These calipers were the only thing I disliked about the car.

Attachments

• Blue Braces.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 79
  • Blue calipers.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 71
  • Blue.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 66
  • Bronze.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 67
I bought one of those soap foam cannons from Amazon and the Chemical Guys foam soap. What a pleasure to completely cover the entire car in thick soap that stays on for a long time while washing the car ! Since I retired 3 years ago, I have my own personal vehicle detailing station on the side of my house. Air compressor, pressure washer, vacuum, orbital buffer, canvass awning, complete detailing supplies. My next purchase is to get the Quick Jack hydraulic lift system to make changing and cleaning my wheels easier.

Looks like you need to get your foam cannon tuned for better foam bro! Did you swap out the orifice?

Looks like you need to get your foam cannon tuned for better foam bro! Did you swap out the orifice?
Also depends on the soap used. I tend to see that SiO2 infused soap unless you use waaaaaay too much product just doesn't produce thick foam like some other soaps do. I tend to, if the paint is relatively clean and it's just a maintenance wash, use an SiO2 soap (like pictured in my post above) and let dwell, and if the car is filthy, use a thicker, foamy-er soap first with a contact wash and then go back in with the sealant wash/coat with Si02. Too each their own though.

I originally had put Armor-All ceramic soap and just added an ounce of cannon soap to that batch. It was thinned out , hence that very thin soapy look when doing my Challenger. If I add only cannon soap, it will be much thicker.

I have the Fumoto oil pan bolt for easy draining during my oil changes. I installed them on most of my cars. No worries about stripping oil pan bolts. Install one time and you should be good for many years.
I bought one of these, it only bites like 4 threads. that isn't enough for me to feel comfortable. I put the OEM plug back in.

I turned the insurance back on and took my bw out on Monday after work. Only after I got home did I realize how much that trip made me look like an old man.

I uncovered my prized Cadillac and took it for the first drive of the year. Where did I go? CVS to pick up a prescription. Sigh.....

Black trunk badge and amazon mud flaps until I get PPF and ceramic coat. Oil change this weekend. Before and after pics.

Attachments

• 20240411_175511.jpg
    20240411_175511.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 46
  • 20240411_182926.jpg
    20240411_182926.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 51
  • 20240411_184700.jpg
    20240411_184700.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 44
  • 20240411_183814.jpg
    20240411_183814.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
Went front/rear monochrome… a bit on the fence with it but looks clean. Bit crazy that GM recommends a full bumper removal for this..
Getting ready to do this myself. For those who've done so, would you recommend just breaking the tabs off and accepting the fact that the stock badge can't be re-used, or going through the lengthy bumper removal process?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back