Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Cross shop C8 Corvette?

Cadillac CT4-V model

DAC17

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT5-V
Did anyone cross shop a 2LT C8 Corvette with a 4BW? Would be interested in any and all opinions. The 4BW 6 speed manual would be a big plus, but any other comparisons people have made?

Thanks.

I have both now, but the 4VBW is an A10 and the C8 is a Z06. It would be pretty tough to cross shop them as they are (captain obvious) two very very different vehicles.

If you only want a manual, then you know the only choice is a BW. The 4VBW is one of the best sedans I’ve ever driven/lived with. It’s just so easy to have fun in and as a sedan, extremely versatile for family duty.

The Z06 and I’m sure a 2LT SR is such an event to drive. I’ve had a lot of different sports/performance cars in the past (M3/M4, GT350, ZL1 1LE, ZL1, GTS 4.0 Cayman, 911s etc) and the Z06 is overall the most fun sports car I’ve ever had. It is not as easy to live with as the 4BW. It is cramped, hard to see out of, a lot less cargo room, giant coupe doors, harder to get into and out of etc etc.

Very fortunate to be able to own both as GM is at the top of their game right now and both are fantastic/very fun cars. Decide what your top needs/wants are and go from there.

Last edited:
I feel like if you weren't going to get a C8 because it doesn't have a clutch pedal and H-pattern shifter, you would look at used C7s before new/used BWs. They are pretty different cars.

As someone with a keen awareness of my own personality traits (good and bad) if I was cross-shopping a 4BW M6 sedan and a C8, I would question if I was more interested in the rush from buying a new car over actually wanting either one.

Use case is a critical ingredient to the discussion. I'm a suburban dad (with the body to prove it!) so sedan wins the day, but if you're single, retired, or have another option to haul more than 2 people and a couple of overnight bags, then I guess I can see having a C8 on your list next to a 4BW. Then you have to be honest with how much you value the engagement of the M6. If I won Power Ball I might get a GT3 for track days, but I wouldn't shop for something to replace the M6 5BW...I'd probably just get a few more of them...all of them in fact.

I have a c8 z06 and are looking to get into a 5bw, mainly for practicality reason, but the 6mt is also a huge factor. Personally, I have come to the conclusion that 6mt is more important than an exciting engine (the lt6 is truly a masterpiece) when it comes to driving enjoyment, if you can only pick one.

I have a c8 z06 and are looking to get into a 5bw, mainly for practicality reason, but the 6mt is also a huge factor. Personally, I have come to the conclusion that 6mt is more important than an exciting engine (the lt6 is truly a masterpiece) when it comes to driving enjoyment, if you can only pick one.
When I went looking for a third fun/sports car, I admit that I wanted one with an N/A engine and a manual. This obviously really lowered the number of cars available to me in the market. I had it down to a Camaro SS 1LE, Dark Horse or Cayman GTS 4.0.

I’m glad I didn’t stick to that as I would’ve missed out on the Z06. I think the experience is much more than just the LT6. I actually enjoy using the paddle shifters for once and like how rough the DCT shifts sometimes. Being able to look behind you through the window and see that monster…….too actually enjoying the tramlining from the huge tires. It’s just such a fun visceral experience for me.

I had a brand new 7MT 992 GTS last year and that car was way too refined to the point it was honestly kind of boring to drive. It’s why sold it back before I even made the first payment. My family and friends were stunned I did that as I waited almost two years for that car and it was my dream car. I feel vindicated that I did because the Z06 is way more exciting and what I was looking for in a sports car. I don’t think I can call it value, but my 992 GTS was 180k and my 4VBW plus Z06 is about 210. Nice to have both for not a lot more than just the 911. They are quite the combo and really fun to be able to have both in the garage.

I do agree with your manual 5VBW suggestion though. I feel like that might be a nice “compromise” between a 4VBW and C8. Don’t really know how else to explain it, but it makes sense in my car head. Louder, more power like a C8 and as you said the versatility of a four door. I also understand how important a manual is to some. It’s important to me as well, but not important enough to miss out on some really good cars.

When I went looking for a third fun/sports car, I admit that I wanted one with an N/A engine and a manual. This obviously really lowered the number of cars available to me in the market. I had it down to a Camaro SS 1LE, Dark Horse or Cayman GTS 4.0.

I’m glad I didn’t stick to that as I would’ve missed out on the Z06. I think the experience is much more than just the LT6. I actually enjoy using the paddle shifters for once and like how rough the DCT shifts sometimes. Being able to look behind you through the window and see that monster…….too actually enjoying the tramlining from the huge tires. It’s just such a fun visceral experience for me.

I had a brand new 7MT 992 GTS last year and that car was way too refined to the point it was honestly kind of boring to drive. It’s why sold it back before I even made the first payment. My family and friends were stunned I did that as I waited almost two years for that car and it was my dream car. I feel vindicated that I did because the Z06 is way more exciting and what I was looking for in a sports car. I don’t think I can call it value, but my 992 GTS was 180k and my 4VBW plus Z06 is about 210. Nice to have both for not a lot more than just the 911. They are quite the combo and really fun to be able to have both in the garage.

I do agree with your manual 5VBW suggestion though. I feel like that might be a nice “compromise” between a 4VBW and C8. Don’t really know how else to explain it, but it makes sense in my car head. Louder, more power like a C8 and as you said the versatility of a four door. I also understand how important a manual is to some. It’s important to me as well, but not important enough to miss out on some really good cars.
ye if budget and garage space allow, adding a 4bw while keeping the z06 makes a lot of sense. you really have an amazing combo.

Thanks for all the comments. I may be lucky enough (if I get past the moral issue!) to have both.

I was considering trading my 4BW for a C8 until I saw that they increased the price by 10k in one year. I said f* that s*

I traded a C8 for the manual 4BW. I sometimes miss the vette but really like the manual. The C8 is more of a "look at me" car. I like the sleeper 4BW.

I’ve owned both, a 2022 Blackwing 4 and a 2023 C8….. both great! The blackwing might be the best daily driver ever, but the C8 is so much more fun. The blackwing, to be honest, is kind of ugly while the C8is extremely sexy. Anyway, I’ve sold them both as I got bored with the BW, and
IMG_3013.jpeg
68911779516__543FB322-5C8A-455A-BD56-D309E5F0ABB0.jpeg
I was turning into one of those YouTube videos of an old man trying to get in and out of a C8. Pretty funny if it wasn’t so sad.

You can’t go wrong with either of them as I said before, they are both fantastic cars!

Went for some old-school ugly muscle!! Obviously, its the not in the same universe when it comes to handling, but I do like the raw power……Hellcat Widebody Jailbreak.

View attachment 24444View attachment 24445
Very nice! I was tempted by a used dark blue one that was at our local dealer. They had it at 90k then so I passed on it for my CT4V BW. They ended up selling it at 75k though, had it been that when I was looking last summer, I would’ve been tempted a lot more to try it out.

I've never have gotten bored with a single car I ever owned. The only car I was somewhat happy to move on from was our mid 90s (97?) Mazda Millenia S (Supercharged with a unique Miller Cycle engine) and mostly really because it wasn't manual transmission. The last year we owned it I would park it under a Bradford Pear tree we had...notorious for weak branches...alas one never broke off and fell on the car...depriving me of the insurance money I had hoped to collect. In hindsight I mostly really liked that car too - even being an auto and with FWD. In many ways our 4 V BW is closest in character to it from any other and the driving experience was very similar...being a big (for me) 4 door sedan with nice get up and go - that handled very well for its size and was well appointed,

I get the appeal of a new car and the desire for a car thats out there and can be had....I've been there...but I think I spend a lot of time (usually) picking out our next car and assume it will be a car that I'll enjoy and will keep for a long time. And its basically always worked out that way. I'm still desirous of a two seat roadster of some sort....similar to what I had with my MR2....maybe someday...to bad Flying Miata is no longer fitting them with small block chevy V8s...

I've never desired a Corvette....or a Hellcat...but to each their own...they fit some but not many of my top likes for a car. Sure I love the Corvette and always have, from a distance (makes me proud to be an American)...and would love driving one I'm sure....but I can't imagine it as my daily (and I'm not a track guy). Anyway to each their own - hope the Hellcat makes you happy (I do see the appeal). But I know I will continue to enjoy our new 4 V BW long after its not new anymore and will enjoy driving it...day to day, and in challenging and unique situations....keeping the experience always fresh for me.

I've been a long time Z06 fan, have had C5-C7 Z06s. The news that the C8 would no longer have a manual trans killed my interest in Corvettes, then I saw the back end, and that was the final nail in the coffin. I don't understand how the designers could create a car with very exotic styling from the front, and even side, but totally botched the back end. It looks just,,, damn ugly. Been on the prowl for a 4 or 5 BW lately, to complement my other fun car.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back