Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
I don't know if the original purchaser is on here and could shed some light on this, but I honestly suspect there is more to it than just paint damage.

It's easier to say to the dealer, and others (and yourself) that the reason why you are passing on a 100k car that you specced is paint damage rather than that your financial situation isn't as strong as it was when you ordered the car.
This crossed my mind too. Case in point, I called a dealership about manual BW which I was told it was spoken for. Four days later they called and asked if I was interested. When asked why the change of heart, they said the buyer who ordered this build got in the car and didn't realize he ordered a manual transmission.:rolleyes:

This crossed my mind too. Case in point, I called a dealership about manual BW which I was told it was spoken for. Four days later they called and asked if I was interested. When asked why the change of heart, they said the buyer who ordered this build got in the car and didn't realize he ordered a manual transmission.:rolleyes:

That was divine intervention trying to save his soul.

How can that happen?! Did the dealer not confirm the build? Imagine waiting for a year then realizing you screwed the pooch.

How can that happen?! Did the dealer not confirm the build? Imagine waiting for a year then realizing you screwed the pooch.
I didn't believe it when she told me. I assumed the buyer didn't want the car for some reason and made the most ridiculous excuse.

Maybe he wanted to ensure he got his deposit back.

Perhaps his funds dried up and he couldn't float the payment

Likely, they probably tried to blindside him with a last minute ADM when the car arrived on the lot.
They sent me a BS screenshot quote with $15k ADM and just a monthly payment which equated to over 6% APR for an 830 credit score. The whole thing rubbed me the wrong way, so much so that I didn't bother to counter offer.

Any chance for an update or STATUS on a 5V BLACKWING order BSQDVK.. I was told it should be arriving in 2-4 weeks by the Dealership, but I'm not certain about that.

100% agree with this. Likely that a new car will also have defects. Definitely ask for other defects to be corrected. I'm stunned at the condition of the paint on my car--not in a good way.

EXACT same marring on my car. It goes to the detailer next week, so I hope he can fix it. It's very weird.
PXL_20220726_011022073.jpg

Front splitter? If it is my 4 had something like that and my guy got it out during detailing.... He thinks it came from the protective plastic wrap that was on it...
Yes. It's the non carbon splitter. It's like this on both sides. I thought maybe the dealer sent it through the auto car wash, but that's not it. I washed the car very thoroughly a couple of days after I picked it up, and found quite a number of defects, this included. I hate to know what the detailer finds.

Yes. It's the non carbon splitter. It's like this on both sides. I thought maybe the dealer sent it through the auto car wash, but that's not it. I washed the car very thoroughly a couple of days after I picked it up, and found quite a number of defects, this included. I hate to know what the detailer finds.
I see a lot of guys freaking out when they first get their cars and both of my cars had "issues" but a good detail guy can get 99% of it out.. My guy laughed and said, typical GM paint problems... Both of my cars have very small issues that if I didn't point it out no one would even notice....... I would not worry until detail guy gets his hands on it and if that does not work I'm sure Cadillac will make it right

Brace yourself.

I see a lot of guys freaking out when they first get their cars and both of my cars had "issues" but a good detail guy can get 99% of it out.. My guy laughed and said, typical GM paint problems... Both of my cars have very small issues that if I didn't point it out no one would even notice....... I would not worry until detail guy gets his hands on it and if that does not work I'm sure Cadillac will make it right
After all is said and done, I'm experiencing the same thing. Lots of issues, but all solvable ... so far. Fingers crossed.

As for Cadillac making it right, I'm not sure I want them touching the car.

Any chance for an update or STATUS on a 5V BLACKWING order BSQDVK.. I was told it should be arriving in 2-4 weeks by the Dealership, but I'm not certain about that.
They told you it should arrive in 2-4 weeks? :chuckle

It's sitting at 3400 with a Target Production Week date of 8/01/2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace