Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
My 4BW made it to 3800 this week - so 1 step closer to delivery! My dealer is selling at MSRP (and I am grateful for that), but has asked that I accept $1,700 in extras ($800 ResistAll, $400 smart key protection, $300 Pulse brake lights, $200 theft registration) since they are selling without ADM. Any advice on how to approach this one? Is the ResistAll a suitable replacement for a ceramic coating? Should I offer to pay $500 over sticker and skip the package (would cover part of the margin they make on the extras).
Tell them you don't want any of it. Every bit of that is negotiable and they cannot make you purchase it. Those things are all pure profit for the dealer and worth very little to you. At the least, negotiate it down to a few hundred dollars. Tell them your experience will be posted on social media and on sites that have a dealer database of how customers were treated and what they paid (they are out there).

Tell them you don't want any of it. Every bit of that is negotiable and they cannot make you purchase it. Those things are all pure profit for the dealer and worth very little to you. At the least, negotiate it down to a few hundred dollars. Tell them your experience will be posted on social media and on sites that have a dealer database of how customers were treated and what they paid (they are out there).
I'm going to disagree with your method. First decline it, if they say no then offer the $500 to cover the margin. If they still say no all that social media talk is just going to piss them off, they won't care in this market. The lack of caring is why they are slapping it on in the first place

I'm going to disagree with your method. First decline it, if they say no then offer the $500 to cover the margin. If they still say no all that social media talk is just going to piss them off, they won't care in this market. The lack of caring is why they are slapping it on in the first place
If you tell them how you feel up front, they will back off. You don't have to go "social media" on the first go round.

If you tell them how you feel up front, they will back off. You don't have to go "social media" on the first go round.
Normally I'd agree with you but people are paying 10k over on 28k corollas. Things aren't normal. Getting into a pissng match with the dealer is going to end in wet shoes and no car

You know how the Dodge HellCat guys leave the lower front spoiler protection strip (yellow or pink) on their rides ? I think I might leave that piece of white plastic wrap on the front of my 5BW to show off !! LOL !
I heard that they started making them pink in an attempt to get the manly bro's buying them to finally take them off... and it still didn't work.

Just be up front and tell them you really don't want any of there add ons. It really sounds like a bunch of bs anyway. I hate those pulsing brake lights, the rest is all useless. They should honor your wishes if reputable dealer. Whenever they ask me to go into see finance guy, I just tell him or her, I'll save you a bunch of time, I'm not interested in any extra's. Just give me the bill of sale.

Normally I'd agree with you but people are paying 10k over on 28k corollas. Things aren't normal. Getting into a pissng match with the dealer is going to end in wet shoes and no car
I have found that negotiating only works when I believe I’m willing to walk away from the deal. If they sense this is not the case, then my position is at a big disadvantage. The other side of the equation is to find out where their weakness is. But in the end the best approach is to find a deal that gives everyone something they want.

Looking up your vehicle status by Vehicle Order Number...zsvzt6

Virtual Assistant
at 18:47, Jun 29:
Congratulations! Your vehicle has been produced. It is important to know that shipping arrangements will take place next and your selling dealer is the best source for additional detail on that process.

Well, I guess we will see how this goes...
Yep, got the same message a few days ago. Still waiting.

True.... So who holds that 100k plus "carrott"?

I feel bad for everyone that's going thru this because it just sucks! I would just walk from a deal and have in the past.. I purchased my sons last Honda from the parking lot... I know things are different and the BW's are special, but if I had to do it again with any other dealer than Sewell I would get msrp with no other crap or I would walk...

I know things are different and the BW's are special, but if I had to do it again with any other dealer than Sewell I would get msrp with no other crap or I would walk...
The big question is, what is the value to me to wait another 8 to 12 months to save $500? Pretty much zero and the dealer knows this. Couple that on top of the fact that the 23s are more expensive, and I actually lose money not taking the deal.

Sure, one can argue it’s the principle that matters, but the only person losing is me. The dealer will just sell the car to somebody else and forget about it the next day.

The big question is, what is the value to me to wait another 8 to 12 months to save $500? Pretty much zero and the dealer knows this. Couple that on top of the fact that the 23s are more expensive, and I actually lose money not taking the deal.

Sure, one can argue it’s the principle that matters, but the only person losing is me. The dealer will just sell the car to somebody else and forget about it the next day.
That was my thought process too. My dealer added a $3k ADM when i ordered which sucks, but they had an allocation in hand and wasn't worth my time to try and find elsewhere and miss the boat. They also added a wheel and tire protection when I picked it up for a few hundred which I accepted and didn't fight them about.

I can't tell the future, but I'll likely have this car for 10+ years, so over the long run, $3k is not much. If I was a new car every couple years person, I don't think I would accept the ADM however.

To me it is the principle, but its what you want and that's cool.... I'm a cheap stubborn bastard!

At some point somebody has got to stand up to the dealers and make them stop getting away with robbery. If you are not willing to do that, then pay them what they want.

At some point somebody has got to stand up to the dealers and make them stop getting away with robbery. If you are not willing to do that, then pay them what they want.
I'd love to see you take that stand when you've waited months for your car and the possibility of getting another one is slim.

Very easy to say "stand up to the dealers" when you have a car in your driveway

I'd love to see you take that stand when you've waited months for your car and the possibility of getting another one is slim.

Very easy to say "stand up to the dealers" when you have a car in your driveway
I made sure that when I ordered my car that there would be no add-ons. Otherwise, I would have gone somewhere else. So, basically, I took that stand.

I made sure that when I ordered my car that there would be no add-ons. Otherwise, I would have gone somewhere else. So, basically, I took that stand.
I'm sure plenty of people made sure there would be no add-ons. As you know, dealers lie.

We aren't comparing apples to apples with your order either as you have a V not a blackwing and the market isn't ridiculous on those

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop