Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
I'll throw my numbers out, in case anyone is curious, and it gives me an excuse to celebrate that I saw some movement:

1/04/22 Ordered
1/13/22 Allocated with TPW of 2/07/22
3/08/22 Built (so a month after my original TPW)
3/09/22 Bayed, per the Jack Cooper tracker. It spent the next six weeks moving between on hold, picked, and paired.
4/27/22 Finally moved to the railyard

And now I have a 5/27/22 estimated delivery date.
About 6-7 weeks in the lot of doom is a huge improvement. Hopefully GM can efficiently clear out the backlog faster than they are producing so future cars won't be waiting in hell for heaven.

I feel like at this point I could’ve ordered a second car and it would’ve been built faster and delivered sooner. Concerned there is truly something wrong with my build.

Here are my dates:

8/14/21: ordered
11/20/21: order allocated
1/20/22: built and moved to rail yard
2/24/21: sent back to the factory per jack cooper tracking

Silence since…

So I bit the bullet today and got myself on MacMulkin's list for a 2023 C8 Corvette. Well, I assume it will be a 2023. Guess it could be 2024...but they are saying probably 10-11 months based on where I'm at on the list. I still want the 4BW as a DD, but figured it's almost a no-brainer to at least be on a couple of lists for the C8, especially with a fully refundable deposit. Maybe by the time I get an allocation for the C8, I'll be tired of the BW haha. Unlikely, but meh, we'll cross that bridge when I get there. The Corvette has always been and will always be my #1 vehicle ever built. Wish I could get a C7 Grand Sport, but I'm not paying $75k for a 3 year old car, that had a $72k sticker brand new. So C8 it is.

. Wish I could get a C7 Grand Sport, but I'm not paying $75k for a 3 year old car, that had a $72k sticker brand new.
This is kinda how I ended up in the 4BW. I was shopping for C7 GS 3LT and decided that a new car for ~75k is better than a 2-3 year old car for 75k. That and I don't wear jean shorts and New Balances.

Edit: Also, I'd have to budget for a brand new set of forged wheels as the GS/Z06 wheels crack and I believe GM won the class action suit against them.

Out of curiosity, has anyone placed an order with one dealership, but later decided to change their order to a different dealership? On paper, and from the looks of this forum, this Sewel dealership is "The Man" in the business of BW orders and allocations. Are they adding outrageous ADMs as well or keeping it at MSRP?
My dealership is part of the "Sewell" family (Ken Batchelor) and they only sell at MSRP. No ADM's...though they do add a few "dealership" installed options that equal about $1,500 (tint, infotainment screen cover, some protection film on door edges, etc).

My dealership is part of the "Sewell" family (Ken Batchelor) and they only sell at MSRP. No ADM's...though they do add a few "dealership" installed options that equal about $1,500 (tint, infotainment screen cover, some protection film on door edges, etc).
My order sits at a dealership that also does the same thing, their cost is $1k for coating. I told them about how serious I am about detailing and protecting my cars, and he backed off on the charge. This was just all over the phone though. Come closer to the actual date of delivery, I will re-iterate what we had spoken about. I'm paying for ADM in a way, in the flight, hotel, and drive back that will cost me 2 days time, so I refuse to pay a penny over MSRP at the dealership.

My dealership is part of the "Sewell" family (Ken Batchelor) and they only sell at MSRP. No ADM's...though they do add a few "dealership" installed options that equal about $1,500 (tint, infotainment screen cover, some protection film on door edges, etc)
I just moved my order from my original dealer who added about 12k in ADM's. I'm now getting it for MSRP. I still have zero ideas on if/when it will it be built, but I feel better with that extra money in my pocket so I can pick and choose what I want to add to the order, not what my local Cadillac dealer automatically adds to all their sales.

Does anyone know what this means? At this time, your order status is code 4B00

Does anyone know what this means? At this time, your order status is code 4B00
Familiarize yourself with the GM Event Codes sticky thread that @Rob so kindly stuck. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop