Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

What level of tuning are you going for, if you don't mind me asking.

I'm going to get Tapout to tune it through HP tuners. I guess it will be equivalent to their blue belt package except i have the intake instead of downpipes. I have the MPVI3 and will send my ECM and TCM out to get unlocked this winter when the car is stored away.

Picked it up from the detailer today! Just some quick phone photos, but hope to find some time for nicer ones this weekend before I get it too dirty. I was too excited to drive it.

View attachment 22591

Dang that is pretty!

So yesterday I popped off the wheel (stupid camera photo makes the otherwise huge rotor look miniscule) and fixed that piece that I've highlighted in red. It was sticking out, so I had to enlarge the hole for the upper mounting bolt and adjust it properly.

I also washed the car (after I took the picture). It's black. It's a daily ritual (it seems). But dang, it sure does look good for 10 minutes...
highlighted.jpg

Dang that is pretty!

So yesterday I popped off the wheel (stupid camera photo makes the otherwise huge rotor look miniscule) and fixed that piece that I've highlighted in red. It was sticking out, so I had to enlarge the hole for the upper mounting bolt and adjust it properly.

I also washed the car (after I took the picture). It's black. It's a daily ritual (it seems). But dang, it sure does look good for 10 minutes...View attachment 22638
That is pretty funny looking and how not even close that relationship truly is because the rotors are as big as tires I had on cars in the 80's

Which ones are those?

Lloyd Mats

Dang that is pretty!

I also washed the car (after I took the picture). It's black. It's a daily ritual (it seems). But dang, it sure does look good for 10 minutes...View attachment 22638
These carpet fender liners drive me crazy. I have so many pine needles on my property and they’re just everywhere on the liners.

I took my 1967 deVille convertible to my local Caddy dealer to find out what's taking so long for my "ice chest/cooler" that I purchased from their accessories site for Cadillacs. Its been almost 2 months. I used my GM Reward points.

Attachments

• 20230124_162645.jpg
    20230124_162645.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 44
Lloyd Mats

Nice find. My Lloyds were great in the SS.

Wow, last post here was 6 weeks ago. Nobody doing any work on their car?

After one year of waiting for my local dealer ordered splitter to arrive I have completed the CF1 on my 5BW. Installed the OEM splitter (PN 84432226), wickers (PNs 84490400 and 84490401), and smoke/amber corner lamps (iJDMtoy on Amazon) for good measure since I had that area apart anyway. The lamps seem good quality and excellent fit. I went with amber LEDs since it matches the front turn signal lamp.

Splitter install is not complicated, but time consuming due to a large number of fasteners. Two of the plastic clips are a little tricky to install, but once I figured out a method it went quickly. I broke 5 clips out of 18 and the dealer wanted $8 a piece for them. I ordered some on Amazon and left the car on jacks for two days. I recommend getting clips (PN 11547341) ahead of time.
https://a.co/d/5oYTARL

I also installed the SLIPLO kit before installing the splitter. One kit is perfect for the splitter for full coverage. https://a.co/d/5rVlcGH

Very pleased with the result. The splitter makes a big improvement in appearance.

temp-Image-On7m-YZ.jpg

temp-Imagel-OOt-FL.jpg

Nice work. I have scraped my non-carbon splitter a handful of times and think "so glad I don't have the carbon splitter". But it looks so much cooler, and even though I would not personally realize its aero advantages, I definitely see it as a detail that differentiates the best Blackwing builds. I have the spoiler, and at some point will get this part too.

Nice work. I have scraped my non-carbon splitter a handful of times and think "so glad I don't have the carbon splitter". But it looks so much cooler, and even though I would not personally realize its aero advantages, I definitely see it as a detail that differentiates the best Blackwing builds. I have the spoiler, and at some point will get this part too.
Different parts on the US have vastly different road conditions. When I lived in LA I constantly had issues with scraping my S4, especially drive entrances. -They have very steep angles. In Arizona and New Mexico I hadn’t encountered issues with the non-CF splitter. But I installed the SLIPLO just in case.

I didn’t do it for the aero, just bling, and so far that expectation worked well for me.

I will be putting on my VA temp (paper) plate today replacing my Georgia one....does that count?

I ordered a specialty plate with the SR-71 Blackbird on it. Its going to look great on the car (complimenting the color). And we are already Smithsonian/Udvar Hazy aerospace museum members which it supports.

The ROADHWK plate was for the original roadhawk car - my MR2.

When I lived in LA I constantly had issues with scraping my S4, especially drive entrances.
I always have to creep and angle my GTI jut to get out of my driveway and onto the road....and it still scrapes a bit. I'm glad the BW isn't too low (and I'm never lowering it). Both our Audi S4 and the GTI are lowered a good bit...and I love the look and the lowered center of gravity etc....but it does limit you.

Several of my buddies and I have a vineyard up in the hills. Its up a mile long dirt driveway over the mountain - that is very rough (understatement). I can usually - but not always - manage it - going very very slow and very very carefully. Once a rock cracked my oil pan on the Audi (big mess) which is why I put steel panzer plates under the engine bay on both cars - and they have saved me big time. I often opt to take our Mustang up to the vineyard - due to the clearance - if its a nice day and I don't have to haul too many tools and supplies or such.

My ex brother-in-law once tore out a bunch of stuff from his lower engine going over tank caps in a gas station in his old Saleen Mustang (which was very low)....ouch.

Bit the bullet and installed uhp all seasons. Dont need them to do anything crazy like snow drifting but temps are mostly below 40 here until April and the stock summer tires are hockey pucks. Went with the Conti DWS06+ in stock sizes since they were decently cheaper than the Michelin a/s with negligible difference in performance from what Ive seen in the comparison reviews.

Installed "Blackwing" LED mirror lights from Savage Cadillac. Quick and easy improvement over the dim and basic lighting from OEM. Be careful when you pry the tab to release the OEM bulb that you pull it out right away. The first one I did pushed up into the housing, and was a bit of a pain to pull back out.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back