Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

Went for a drive and hit 500 miles, so ran it to redline 😁. Brake dust is intense on bronze wheels!! Will give it a wash in the morning.
Have your wheels taken off and fully ceramic coated inside and out as well as the calipers. I don’t even see Brake dust on mine

Used my new AR630TSS and CR Spotless pressure washer setup for the first time. Copied some of the design from Obsessed Garage photos and ordered parts from a variety of sources. The main thing that these systems are missing is a flowmeter. I used a Flomec meter that has flow rate and totalizer to keep track of usage (so I know when my filters are about to go out). A full car wash used 32 gallons. Based on that and my source water TDS of 180, I should get about 10 car washes from the filters. The foam cannon is a MTM PF22.2. The nozzle is an MTM with 4.5 orifice that yields 2.1 gpm with the setup. I may keep the filters on the wheel stand or mount to the wall. I like the idea of keeping them on the wheels as I can take them out of the garage for filter changing.

Next step is to have some plumbing work done in the garage to bring a water line close to the setup.

Pressure-Washer-Setup.jpg

BW-Foam.jpg

Ceramic coat + pressure washer will get rid of 90% of it.
I actually ceramic coated the paint and glass but ran out of ceramic juice, so wasn’t able to do the wheels. Curious if the spray on ceramic coat would be an option for the wheels.

Have your wheels taken off and fully ceramic coated inside and out as well as the calipers. I don’t even see Brake dust on mine
Ah, that’s a good call! I’ll have to give that a shot.

Hit 500 miles and unlocked the powaah!! finally, and almost hit a bear in Wears Valley on my way to the Foothills Parkway. Thankfully a sheriff was ahead of me and I was only doing 40 at the time vs the 60 I would have been if he wasn’t.
IMG_4344.jpeg

Hit 500 miles and unlocked the powaah!! finally, and almost hit a bear in Wears Valley on my way to the Foothills Parkway. Thankfully a sheriff was ahead of me and I was only doing 40 at the time vs the 60 I would have been if he wasn’t.View attachment 20142
... a real life Smokey and the Bear!

Haha, next bourbons on me - had me cracking up

Installed the Tapout/Gigs ported throttle body this morning. Took about 2 hours with me going slow and double checking everything.

I probably should have changed the plugs while I was in there since everything was off, but at least I know what to do and could get in there much quicker next time!

Took it for a quick spin and the throttle seems a bit more responsive, but maybe it's just in my head. It was the first time driving it in 3 weeks so I didn't have a good baseline for comparison.

20230710_110916.jpg

20230710_110920.jpg

$125 for this crest from Savage Cadillac. I'm a sucker.

But I don't want any polished/chrome on the outside of the car.
PXL_20230710_222257843.jpg
PXL_20230710_222243756.jpg

I took it out for lunch in 90 degree weather. First time it had been out in days. Air conditioning decided all on its own that it wasn't necessary. The car was wrong. I need to call Cadillac for a service appointment. I'm pushing 1300 miles already. I will use it as the excuse to get the free oil change done.
Picked up the car at the dealer this morning. AC was working fine when I got it. By the time I got home 30 miles later it was not. They replaced the drive belt tensioner which was missing. I'll be heading back to the dealer soon. The oil was changed successfully. At least that is something. ;shrug

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back