Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

If you don't mind me asking, what'd this cost you? Looking to do basically the same when mine arrives.
About $5,500.00, which was much higher than I'd initially anticipated. But choosing the top of the line PPF & tint plus all of the little extras including paint correction adds up in a hurry. It looks great, but the real test will of course be the test of time.

Last edited:
Basic paint correction, PPF on the front, full body ceramic coating plus wheels and calipers, and windows tinted. Still haven't had a chance to take any "after" photos in the wild, but I will.

Sundown at the lake.

IMG_5936.jpg

IMG_5939.jpg

IMG_5941.jpg

IMG_5956.jpg

IMG_5965.jpg

IMG_5971.jpg

No idea other than prices up on all those services. Maybe look at a Chevy dealership and get a better price. As for work performed? lol....doesn't really matter what dealership you take it to your rolling the dice BIG TIME
No idea other than prices up on all those services. Maybe look at a Chevy dealership and get a better price. As for work performed? lol....doesn't really matter what dealership you take it to your rolling the dice BIG TIME!
Seeing quite a few dealer service horror stories. Is it the rarity of the BWs or just Cadillac in general. My previous car was a VW and the dealership experience was always stellar.

Seeing quite a few dealer service horror stories. Is it the rarity of the BWs or just Cadillac in general. My previous car was a VW and the dealership experience was always stellar.
I wouldn't pigeon hole GM into this category but all. Service in general has just careened off the cliff and Covid was the final straw. The few times I have to go back for ANY DEALERSHIP work mainly are recall related. Scary,scary stuff in those dealerships my friend! Audi would be no different and 10x the cost but then again it sounds cool to say "AUDI" and not Cadillac....lol

I wouldn't pigeon hole GM into this category but all. Service in general has just careened off the cliff and Covid was the final straw. The few times I have to go back for ANY DEALERSHIP work mainly are recall related. Scary,scary stuff in those dealerships my friend! Audi would be no different and 10x the cost but then again it sounds cool to say "AUDI" and not Cadillac....lol
Agreed - we had to have the windshield replaced on my wife's 2022 Grand Wagoneer b/c of an issue with the IRR film the factory used on it. When we picked it up, water came out of the steering column into my wife's lap. We took it back, they tested it "extensively" and found no signs of a leak, and sent her on her way. Few months later we had it back in for warranty issues with the stereo system (electrical) and let them keep it while parts came in and we were out of the country. Came back only to find out that a severe weather storm had passed through and they now had identified a leak in the top driver side corner of the windshield from an improper seal. They ended up trying to replace the dash, radio, and carpet but we ended up making them trade her into a 2023 for retail on ours and invoice on theirs and washed our hands of it. Still got screwed on the finance side as rates doubled in the 18months since we originally bought it, but I wasn't going to deal with electrical gremlins and potential mold issues for the rest of the time I owned that vehicle.

About $5,500.00, which was much higher than I'd initially anticipated. But choosing the top of the line PPF & tint plus all of the little extras including paint correction add up in a hurry. It looks great, but the real test will or course be the test of time.
Thanks, about what I expected. I'm hoping mine doesn't need a huge amount of paint correction.

Thanks, about what I expected. I'm hoping mine doesn't need a huge amount of paint correction.
I spent about $8,000 for full tint (incl windshield), XPEL full body PPF, ceramic coating on full exterior, interior, calipers and inside/outside of wheels. I was quoted $12,000 by another shop as well for the same work. $5,000 for full body is a really good deal if the film is of equal quality

I spent about $8,000 for full tint (incl windshield), XPEL full body PPF, ceramic coating on full exterior, interior, calipers and inside/outside of wheels. I was quoted $12,000 by another shop as well for the same work. $5,000 for full body is a really good deal if the film is of equal quality
Not looking for full body, just full front. I was guessing that paint correction, front PPF and full body, wheel, and caliper ceramic would be somewhere around $5-6k depending on how much correction is needed.

Compared to many cars, the front end of a 5BW is challenging for the installer if you want all the trim pieces covered. It takes a lot of time and patience.
All that is done on my car too. It's crazy the amount of detail and time it takes.

Compared to many cars, the front end of a 5BW is challenging for the installer if you want all the trim pieces covered. It takes a lot of time and patience.

IMG_9150a.jpg

IMG_9148.jpg

IMG_9149.jpg
Yes, your correct my installer is very versed on all cars and said, "this was extremely hard and time consuming"

Agreed - we had to have the windshield replaced on my wife's 2022 Grand Wagoneer b/c of an issue with the IRR film the factory used on it. When we picked it up, water came out of the steering column into my wife's lap. We took it back, they tested it "extensively" and found no signs of a leak, and sent her on her way. Few months later we had it back in for warranty issues with the stereo system (electrical) and let them keep it while parts came in and we were out of the country. Came back only to find out that a severe weather storm had passed through and they now had identified a leak in the top driver side corner of the windshield from an improper seal. They ended up trying to replace the dash, radio, and carpet but we ended up making them trade her into a 2023 for retail on ours and invoice on theirs and washed our hands of it. Still got screwed on the finance side as rates doubled in the 18months since we originally bought it, but I wasn't going to deal with electrical gremlins and potential mold issues for the rest of the time I owned that vehicle.
Jesus! Look what a windshield turned into...Lord! I usually go through 3 windshields a year on daily driver and have come to the fact that Safelight is absolute garbage and I have to take off the cowl and interior plastic piece over rearview mirror otherwise they break both pieces each and every time.

For me: Computer reflashing, ABS lights, air bag lights and recalls I will go back begrudgingly. Other than that I can't trust em to change a wiper blade.

Doors on both sides makes it super easy to tie down. The side ramp is also for the motorcycle to go in.
Fantastic setup. I want to see the truck that goes along with that bad boy.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back