Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

What can you ask more than a car that comes with cooling mods in the trunk !

Track alignment tomorrow 6am woop woop

Attachments

• 20230712_213043.jpg
    20230712_213043.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 91
No doubt this is one of those things considered common knowledge on this forum, but as a nOOb here I'm gonna ask anyway. Why are these in the trunk rather than having been installed at the factory?

No doubt this is one of those things considered common knowledge on this forum, but as a nOOb here I'm gonna ask anyway. Why are these in the trunk rather than having been installed at the factory?
Would potentially damage the rotors by taking road debris and redirecting it towards them vs. down the middle of the car.

Picked up the car at the dealer this morning. AC was working fine when I got it. By the time I got home 30 miles later it was not. They replaced the drive belt tensioner which was missing. I'll be heading back to the dealer soon. The oil was changed successfully. At least that is something. ;shrug
For anyone keeping tabs on my air conditioning. This morning's trip to Cadillac didn't fix it. The brand new tensioner belt they installed earlier this week was shredded within about 20 miles on the highway with normal use on my way home. They have now opened a case with Cadillac to proceed with the repair. The technician thinks it is the AC compressor that is having problems but it can't be replaced until Cadillac gives it the go ahead. So I'm in an XT6 loaner now.....

For anyone keeping tabs on my air conditioning. This morning's trip to Cadillac didn't fix it. The brand new tensioner belt they installed earlier this week was shredded within about 20 miles on the highway with normal use on my way home. They have now opened a case with Cadillac to proceed with the repair. The technician thinks it is the AC compressor that is having problems but it can't be replaced until Cadillac gives it the go ahead. So I'm in an XT6 loaner now.....
Cadillac responded quickly to the ticket. They were expecting to hear back next week. The parts are already on order. I'm getting a new condenser and tensioner belt. Hopefully that takes care of it.

Drove my 5BW to a BMW "M Tour" event (basically just test drives without a salesperson) just for giggles. Took out an M3 Competition RWD (and an i4 M50 since my wife is interested). I'm glad I went with the 5BW.

The M3 was fast (although 5BW feels faster to me - they have virtually identical accel times, but M3 benefits from those automatic shifts so actual acceleration in-gear is greater in the 5BW) and performed well, and the ride wasn't bad at all. But it felt a little numb (esp. steering) and the new auto trans just isn't as responsive and snappy as a good DCT like PDK (yes, I did put it in the fastest shift mode). Even with the optional Performance exhaust it just sounded okay (kind of a flat, booming noise - not terribly sonorous), and there was definitely some lag. Hated the complicated piano-black touch buttons and touch screen junk - and I'm a reasonably tech-savvy 39-year-old.

All said, it wasn't bad, but it was a relief to get back into my BW. Instant torque. V8 rumble. Styling that isn't a visual assault. Buttons. Manual. And more thrilling when I departed and nailed the loud pedal past all the people waiting for their test drives. Even though I have a 5, I'd love to try a 4BW for comparison to the M3, as I'm sure I'd like it more too. Oh, and the M3 I drove had basically the same MSRP as my BW.

Had a photographer get some shots while she still looks pretty, haha. Here’s a sneak peeks.

Attachments

• 3B3A7639.jpg
    3B3A7639.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 120
  • 3B3A7724.jpg
    3B3A7724.jpg
    11.4 MB · Views: 105
  • 3B3A7657.jpg
    3B3A7657.jpg
    8.7 MB · Views: 98
  • 3B3A7651-2.jpg
    3B3A7651-2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 97
  • 3B3A7746-Enhanced-NR.jpg
    3B3A7746-Enhanced-NR.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 97
  • 3B3A7663.jpg
    3B3A7663.jpg
    8.1 MB · Views: 119
The Tech thinks? It's the AC compressor seized up replace the damn thing!

The Tech thinks? It's the AC compressor seized up replace the damn thing!
I agree. I thought it should have been an easy call by the tech to order the new compressor. He had to wait for Cadillac to respond to the service ticket before he could order the parts. At least they responded within hours instead of days.

Basic paint correction, PPF on the front, full body ceramic coating plus wheels and calipers, and windows tinted. Still haven't had a chance to take any "after" photos in the wild, but I will.

PPF is SunTek Reaction, ceramic coating is CQuartz, and tint is SunTek Evolve 30%.

Shines like new money!

Shoutout to the guys at Performance Clear Bra in Fort Worth -- great job, guys!

IMG_9134.jpg

IMG_9136.jpg

IMG_9143.jpg

IMG_9144.jpg

IMG_9145.jpg

IMG_9150.jpg

Put it on my own lift and dropped factory fill oil and filter. Guys/Gals make sure to dump your factory fills @ 1K get all that crap out of there.

Attachments

• 20230715_120735.jpg
    20230715_120735.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 63
  • 20230715_120619.jpg
    20230715_120619.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 60
First oil and filter change at 1700 miles. Used race ramps and it was a bit of a PITA. Car is so low and oil filter was difficult to remove as some others have reported. Not a lot of room to operate with the aluminum bracket spanning under the oil pan. Anyone know what the dealer charges for an oil change on a 4BW?

Last edited:
First oil and filter change at 1700 miles. Used race ramps and it was a bit of a PITA. Car is so low and oil filter was difficult to remove as some others have reported. Not a lot of room to operate with the aluminum bracket spanning under the oil pan. Anyone know what the dealer charges for an oil change on a 4BW?
No idea other than prices up on all those services. Maybe look at a Chevy dealership and get a better price. As for work performed? lol....doesn't really matter what dealership you take it to your rolling the dice BIG TIME!

Basic paint correction, PPF on the front, full body ceramic coating plus wheels and calipers, and windows tinted. Still haven't had a chance to take any "after" photos in the wild, but I will.

PPF is SunTek Reaction, ceramic coating is CQuartz, and tint is SunTek Evolve 30%.

Shines like new money!

Shoutout to the guys at Performance Clear Bra in Fort Worth -- great job, guys!

IMG_9134.jpg

IMG_9136.jpg

IMG_9143.jpg

IMG_9144.jpg

IMG_9145.jpg

IMG_9150.jpg
If you don't mind me asking, what'd this cost you? Looking to do basically the same when mine arrives.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back