Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

2300mi on the clock and swapped the rear diff fluid out today in anticipation of taking a rip on my favorite motorcycle route thru a remote area of eastern AZ later this week. At 6-7k'+ in elevation I dont expect to get anywhere near 100% out of the car but Im sure that will still be more than adequate for a grin or two.
Exactly, how I feel I might hit 60% potential of the beast What road you hitting out East in AZ?

Exactly, how I feel I might hit 60% potential of the beast What road you hitting out East in AZ?

Well, depends on how frisky Im feeling, theres a 170mi loop near the Greer/Alpine/Springerville area. Or, really commit to a day of jubilation and do a 360mi loop down to Three Way and back up thru Morenci on 191, which is a Varsity commit and what I would offer as the longest, best, most absurd single piece of pavement in the country...90+mi of twistys and maybe 30 cars a day.

Did first oil change at 1,6xx miles. Service advisor said I should wait for the car to tell me to do so.

Also they had a loaded 5BW Anniversary in the showroom asking... $202k!!! $50k ADM. So stupid.View attachment 18537View attachment 18538
Clowns underfilled the oil. Had to run out and grab another quart from the auto parts store for my drive to the city in the morning.

Well, depends on how frisky Im feeling, theres a 170mi loop near the Greer/Alpine/Springerville area. Or, really commit to a day of jubilation and do a 360mi loop down to Three Way and back up thru Morenci on 191, which is a Varsity commit and what I would offer as the longest, best, most absurd single piece of pavement in the country...90+mi of twistys and maybe 30 cars a day.
Yes...Sir I love that road and she will be beautiful currently with the spring flowers! Say hello to Mt. Graham for me!

Clowns underfilled the oil. Had to run out and grab another quart from the auto parts store for my drive to the city in the morning.
Even after adding a quart and waiting overnight, it STILL isn't even showing on the dipstick and instrument cluster confirms low oil. Dealer is sending a tech to my house.

I'm freaking out that I drove 20 miles with the oil more than a quart low, probably more like 2 quarts if not worse?! Will have to see how much the tech has to add.

Should I be concerned about damage? This is my first new car, and I intend to keep 10, 15, maybe even 20 years, so having this happen just after break-in absolutely infuriates and worries me.

Even after adding a quart and waiting overnight, it STILL isn't even showing on the dipstick and instrument cluster confirms low oil. Dealer is sending a tech to my house.

I'm freaking out that I drove 20 miles with the oil more than a quart low, probably more like 2 quarts if not worse?! Will have to see how much the tech has to add.

Should I be concerned about damage? This is my first new car, and I intend to keep 10, 15, maybe even 20 years, so having this happen just after break-in absolutely infuriates and worries me.
I would definitely get at least an extended powertrain warranty out of them for your troubles

Shocking and so sorry this happened. They might have put a normal 6 quarts or so in there and called it a day. Precisely why I do my own oil changes.

Shocking and so sorry this happened. They might have put a normal 6 quarts or so in there and called it a day. Precisely why I do my own oil changes.
So the repair order says the job is for 10 qts and that they used 9. But as I mentioned, I added a full quart and waited overnight and it's still not even reaching the dipstick. Maybe the tech didn't/couldn't count.

The tech should be at my house momentarily. If he only has to add a quart or less then I'm guessing it should be fine (20 miles driven, no big pulls past 4.5k or so). But if they have to add multiple quarts I'm going to lose my mind and there will be some major hellraising with the dealer.

Did you check and make sure the drain plug is there?

So the repair order says the job is for 10 qts and that they used 9. But as I mentioned, I added a full quart and waited overnight and it's still not even reaching the dipstick. Maybe the tech didn't/couldn't count.

The tech should be at my house momentarily. If he only has to add a quart or less then I'm guessing it should be fine (20 miles driven, no big pulls past 4.5k or so). But if they have to add multiple quarts I'm going to lose my mind and there will be some major hellraising with the dealer.
That sucks. I have major trust issues so I always do my own maintenance, and I even work for a dealer. Stuff happens, but at least if I mess something up I know I did my best and it wasn't due to negligence. Hopefully they make it right for you.

Did you check and make sure the drain plug is there?
Haha, well I added a quart last night and there are no leaks on my garage floor.

Haha, well I added a quart last night and there are no leaks on my garage floor.
I watched it happen when I was a teen working at the 10 minute jiffy lube. My buddy was in the pit. About a minute after that little cougar pulled away I heard the "OH SHIT" Wasn't long after that the customer came back, on foot. Best of luck to you 98.

Welp, the tech added 3.5 quarts (to the 1 quart I added last night) to get it up to full. So they must have literally used the normal CT5-V non-Blackwing amount (5-6 quarts).

I am absolutely livid, worried, fill in the blank.

Welp, the tech added 3.5 quarts (to the 1 quart I added last night) to get it up to full. So they must have literally used the normal CT5-V non-Blackwing amount (5-6 quarts).

I am absolutely livid, worried, fill in the blank.
JFC. You should be livid. Are you even sure they used the right oil for the little bit they did put in?

JFC. You should be livid. Are you even sure they used the right oil for the little bit they did put in?
Who the hell knows. The repair order even shows 10 quarts and 9 used... obviously that means nothing.

The worst part is even here in the middle of the SF Bay Area, this is the closest (still 25min drive) and best-rated dealer. I guess I'm gonna have to go back to crawling under my new 6-figure car to do my own oil changes since a tech who does this every day can't be bothered to think whether 5-6 quarts can feed a giant S/C V8.

A CT5 V (non-Blackwing) calls for 5W-30 and a different filter - PF63. Blackwing needs 0W-40 and a PF64 filter per the manual. Make them do it again. You can't be sure at this point.

Watch out for rocks. In January I came up the 180 from Silver City to Alpine. There were rocks in various places on the road. Dodged most of them except for the one that took out a bunch of stuff on the undercarriage and put some dents in the exhaust system.

I don’t want to ask fuel to the fire but the moral of the story is never leave the dealer without checking the oil! We had our first oil change done last fall ,Car came out of the shop and I went open hood made sure it was good can’t trust any Oiler today.

I don’t want to ask fuel to the fire but the moral of the story is never leave the dealer without checking the oil! We had our first oil change done last fall ,Car came out of the shop and I went open hood made sure it was good can’t trust any Oiler today.
Most definitely will for the rest of my ICE-driving life. It's a complicated job you know, putting the same number of quarts that it says on the sheet and (actually, "or"!) checking the dipstick. WTF. It's only a $100k car.

Just talked to the service advisor and I'm trying to get them to cover a GM extended warranty. I know it's "probably" okay but I have a sick feeling in my stomach about a car I waited 14 months for, and was intending to keep indefinitely.

Watch out for rocks. In January I came up the 180 from Silver City to Alpine. There were rocks in various places on the road. Dodged most of them except for the one that took out a bunch of stuff on the undercarriage and put some dents in the exhaust system.

Yeah, it was a wet winter and it makes sense that section of 180 that twists through the small canyon would have let some rocks loose. Hasnt rained in over a month though so Im hoping its clear sailing.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back