Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

Badges and tinted lens and center caps, oh my!

:cool:

trunk.jpg
fender.jpg
rear.jpg
side.jpg

They're OEM but I painted them myself. I started with two coats of Black Raven (WA 8555). That was to match the color of the V badges which I got from Savage (Oliver told me they use black raven). After that, I just ran a bead of caulk over the front to fill in the letters and wiped away excess with damp sponge. Had to hit it with a second coat of caulk after the first coat dried to really make the letters flush. Finally, hit it with two coats of GM clear coat.

For the caulk, I just used DAP exterior siding and door in light gray color to match the gray/off-white stripe in V flag.

It was a bit involved, but worth it since I wasn't keen on the 0fx2gv pieces for the exact reason that you stated. The only thing I would do different next time is put a down a layer of clear coat before doing the caulk. While the caulk came off cleanly with the damp sponge, it did leave a very thin layer on the black raven that dulled it slightly. The clear coat might help prevent that but not entirely sure.

They're OEM but I painted them myself. I started with two coats of Black Raven (WA 8555). That was to match the color of the V badges which I got from Savage (Oliver told me they use black raven). After that, I just ran a bead of caulk over the front to fill in the letters and wiped away excess with damp sponge. Had to hit it with a second coat of caulk after the first coat dried to really make the letters flush. Finally, hit it with two coats of GM clear coat.

For the caulk, I just used DAP exterior siding and door in light gray color to match the gray/off-white stripe in V flag.

It was a bit involved, but worth it since I wasn't keen on the 0fx2gv pieces for the exact reason that you stated. The only thing I would do different next time is put a down a layer of clear coat before doing the caulk. While the caulk came off cleanly with the damp sponge, it did leave a very thin layer on the black raven that dulled it slightly. The clear coat might help prevent that but not entirely sure.

Wow, good work! It looks great. That makes me think I could probably fill in the 0fx2gv one that I have to make it look better.

Wow, good work! It looks great. That makes me think I could probably fill in the 0fx2gv one that I have to make it look better.
You definitely could. Same exact proces as I did. Though not sure what the 0fx2gv badges are made of. Maybe a primer coat to start?

After having my car in storage all winter....my screen is asking for a password . I have tried all my passwords and nothing works. How do I reset my password ?

After having my car in storage all winter....my screen is asking for a password . I have tried all my passwords and nothing works. How do I reset my password ?
It's your OnStar pw (GM account global pw). Mine did it, too around the delivery anniversary. Might be an annual thing

Arguably the worst wheel in terms of visual removal, but I ceramic coated the tech bronze summer set before swapping them over a few weeks ago. It makes a huge difference in cleaning time. What normally took a good amount of elbow grease and a microfiber wash mit only a few minutes per wheel. Highly recommend it, I doubled the coating to really make sure it built up protection. Calipers got nice and tidy from just spraying them off too!

Attachments

• Snapchat-1193643487.mp4
    16.2 MB
  • IMG20230423155355.jpg
    IMG20230423155355.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 84
It's actually asking for your MyCadillac App password which may be different from your OnStar password. The MyCadillac one is the one you want.

I deal with this a lot at my dealership. If you forgot the password, just get on the app and follow the "Forgot Password" procedure. This only ever seems to affect people who create "User" profiles in the infotainment system.

Once you've entered the password you should get a "Thank you for confirming your password" message and it won't bother you again.

That worked ! Thank you very much. This is what I love about these forums. People with answers and ideas. Today I just need to restart my OnStar and figure out out to set my seats for entry/exit. I hate rubbing the seat and steering wheel , getting in and out. Trying to keep my seats from wearing out prematurely. I'm thinking about getting some custom covers made that look exactly like the factory seats. The sky cool grey look too nice to hide.

It's actually asking for your MyCadillac App password which may be different from your OnStar password. The MyCadillac one is the one you want.

I deal with this a lot at my dealership. If you forgot the password, just get on the app and follow the "Forgot Password" procedure. This only ever seems to affect people who create "User" profiles in the infotainment system.

Once you've entered the password you should get a "Thank you for confirming your password" message and it won't bother you again.
I thought they changed to where the PWs were the same globally for all GM access. At least that is what I remember.

I thought they changed to where the PWs were the same globally for all GM access. At least that is what I remember.
I have a lot of guests where that isn't the case for whatever reason, and they have different passwords.

Everyone with different passwords for their OnStar and MyCadillac app, tries the OnStar password first and they get nowhere. When they use the MyCadillac app password...bingo. How and why they were different in the first place is beyond me. If the guest doesn't care about the "User" profile, they can delete it and drive as a "Guest" and the car will never bother them. The car is trying to tie the profile with that users app, but won't do that for a "Guest".

That worked ! Thank you very much. This is what I love about these forums. People with answers and ideas. Today I just need to restart my OnStar and figure out out to set my seats for entry/exit. I hate rubbing the seat and steering wheel , getting in and out. Trying to keep my seats from wearing out prematurely. I'm thinking about getting some custom covers made that look exactly like the factory seats. The sky cool grey look too nice to hide.
Seat entry and exit can be turned on/off in your settings menu. Usually you touch Settings, then Vehicle at the top left of your screen, then scroll until you see Seating or Seating Position I think. You want to have Seat Entry and Seat Exit memory turned on (green).

For exit, place the steering wheel and seat in the position that allows the best clearance for entry and exit movements. Then, press "SET" and the button that looks like a birds-eye view of a car with an arrow pointing outward from it (EXIT button) at the same time. When pressed all at once you will hear 3 beeps to confirm the setting has been saved.

For the driving position you have to make sure you have the correct key (when you press SET by itself, your gauge cluster will say press either "1" or "2", meaning you opened the car door and started the car with that number key), adjust your mirrors, wheel, and seat. Then press SET and either "1" or "2" (depending on key) at the same time. Again, 3 beeps and you're good.

If you're a constant seat-tweaker (like me) you have to save your new favorite settings each time before you turn off the car or you'll go back to whatever you saved last.

Did first oil change at 1,6xx miles. Service advisor said I should wait for the car to tell me to do so.

Also they had a loaded 5BW Anniversary in the showroom asking... $202k!!! $50k ADM. So stupid.
20230424_141325.jpg
20230424_141350.jpg

Sell it^^^ Wasn't until I seen, with my own eyes, a P.O with a hefty 30k added to it!

For some folks, it just doesn't matter. That's fine, I will take a little of that gravy on my plate, thank you!

2300mi on the clock and swapped the rear diff fluid out today in anticipation of taking a rip on my favorite motorcycle route thru a remote area of eastern AZ later this week. At 6-7k'+ in elevation I dont expect to get anywhere near 100% out of the car but Im sure that will still be more than adequate for a grin or two.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back