Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

I bought the Giulia a year ago thinking I would never get a 5BW allocation that I had been trying to get since the prior August. As I was signing the paper work, the Cadillac dealer called me with an allocation and to finalize my order. So clearly the quadrifoglio is a good luck charm! I drove it daily from April until July then it became my wife's 3 season daily as I ended up with the blackwing.

The Giulia is more comparable to the 4BW, size, weight, HP. So comparison to the 5BW would be similar to comparing the 4 vs the 5. The Giulia is going to be the "better" car for track days or high performance driving. I'm not knocking the 5BW. It's just bigger and heavier. The Giulia always puts a smile on my face when I drive it or even just look at it. So does the blackwing, so that's a tie.

Now, for my use, the 5 is the better sedan. We use both sedans to transport our 16 month old and in August will be transporting a newborn as well. The 5BW has much more room. I prefer having a manual and gobs of torque/power. The blackwing also flys under the radar better than the Giulia. I'm not sure if it's the color or the color/car combo but the Giulia gets a lot of attention which is nice, but we prefer to blend in more.

Cold start winner: Blackwing
Ridiculous power winner: Blackwing
Sexier: The blackwing is pretty but the Giulia is definitely sexier.
Driving: I'd happily take the keys to either car and I feel very fortunate to own both. If you have never driven a Quadrifoglio I highly suggest you do.

Both cars are fantastic machines. If I had to let one go I'd miss either one, but would still be happy to have whatever one survived.

Hope this helps.
Thanks I appreciate that feedback as I looked over and over the Giulia thinking like you the Blackwing lucky draw is just not going to get pulled for me. A gentleman I work with picked one up as I waited in Blackwing allocation vortex and the guy has owned many sports cars etc. He had to fetch it from multiple states away but said he loves driving it. So I had to look at daily and it grew on me but being a GM person I just couldn't wrap my head around the Italian reliability.

Took it to its first race track. Attended the "Track Tapas" day at Lime Rock.

Pretty good way to spend a couple hours.

Attachments

• 20230413_112857.jpg
    20230413_112857.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 96
Last night I took my 5bw out of my car capsule cover where its been since around Thanksgiving, did the first oil change, and put on the blackwing emblem.

Called USAA yesterday to put the collision part back on my insurance policy for the BW. Saved about $600 during the winter storage. Sometime next week, I will take the drive out to the summer home and take it out of the garage and bring it home. Too bad I have forgotten alot of the stuff I learned at Spring Mountain. I will have to learn again what buttons do what. looking forward to putting some spring/summer miles on it and taking in some car shows and meet ups. I really need to find a great "old man" mechanic to fix my leaky rear main seal on my 67' deVille convertible. I have one guy who is going to take a try in a few weeks. I actually prefer to drive the classic car. My BW kinda looks like Honda Accord.

Attachments

• 20220623_150623.jpg
    20220623_150623.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 69
I let my brother have the privilege of driving my 5BW back home from winter storage. Saved me the trip. As soon as it was back home I installed the aluminum lift points. I got the red aluminum ones , so hopefully whenever I bring the car in for service, the guy will immediately see where to place the jack arms and not bend anything up.

Attachments

• 20230419_194155.jpg
    20230419_194155.jpg
    672.8 KB · Views: 101
I let my brother have the privilege of driving my 5BW back home from winter storage. Saved me the trip. As soon as it was back home I installed the aluminum lift points. I got the red aluminum ones , so hopefully whenever I bring the car in for service, the guy will immediately see where to place the jack arms and not bend anything up.
Did you end up having to cut away any of the plastic that others have mentioned doing for a clean install?

Got the parking sensor retrofit completed today along with PA inspection/emission testing. Took about 1.5 hours at the dealership, so not bad.

The rear automatic breaking scared me for a second when I got home and pulled into the garage. I normally park by backing in so it was quite a surprise when it suddenly stopped on it's own. I wasn't expecting it to be so sudden, so I thought I hit something!

Got the parking sensor retrofit completed today along with PA inspection/emission testing. Took about 1.5 hours at the dealership, so not bad.

The rear automatic breaking scared me for a second when I got home and pulled into the garage. I normally park by backing in so it was quite a surprise when it suddenly stopped on it's own. I wasn't expecting it to be so sudden, so I thought I hit something!
I was waiting for first one of you guys that this happens too.... My BW does not like my trash can and this happens to me almost daily..........

It’s an adaptive system… however in this case it’s the driver who has to adapt. Once the car teaches you the proper speed for maneuvering around obstacles slowly and smoothly you’ll rarely have the surprise emergency braking. Best to turn off auto hold if you had it on too.

The system only works below 7 mph btw… you can defeat it by using higher speeds if you really want to.

I finally drove mine a little this past week. Took 6 months, pure Michigan and all. Track day next week need to find time for another diff flush and oil change.

Hope everybody is well! Cars look stunning!

Attachments

• IMG_5545.jpeg
    IMG_5545.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 80
I finally drove mine a little this past week. Took 6 months, pure Michigan and all. Track day next week need to find time for another diff flush and oil change.

Hope everybody is well! Cars look stunning!

What track are you going to? I know 3 Balls has Grattan on the 1st and 2nd and Waterford has a drivers school that weekend.

Grattan, my fav. Buddy with a CT5-V Blackwing coming manual too, a C6 z06, a 14 SS 1LE and a 5th gen z/28. We got a good group, love 3 balls events too but I chopped my camaro bad its a ways off from finished, hoping end of may.

Grattan, my fav. Buddy with a CT5-V Blackwing coming manual too, a C6 z06, a 14 SS 1LE and a 5th gen z/28. We got a good group, love 3 balls events too but I chopped my camaro bad its a ways off from finished, hoping end of may.

Can you send me a link to the sign up for that? I see Grattan's site says Audi but open to all cars. I couldn't find their info to do a sign up. Assuming there are still spots.

Can you send me a link to the sign up for that? I see Grattan's site says Audi but open to all cars. I couldn't find their info to do a sign up. Assuming there are still spots.
Give the link a shot should still have some spots.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back