Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

Anyone have a link to the specific Colourlock kit they used? Sounds promising!

Have to say my experience with the CQuartz Leather 2.0 and Sky Cool Gray has been disappointing. I applied one coat all over the day I got the car. 1,100 miles later, very noticeable dye transfer from jeans on the driver's seat, and it hasn't really done much to prevent dirt marks on the door grab handles and armrests. Waste of $67 it seems.

Guess I'll have to clean these areas every month or two. Anybody have a good leather cleaner to recommend? My Meguairs stuff did okay, but always looking for better.
I thought my (untreated) Sky Cool Grey seats were immune to stains until I bought a few new pairs of jeans and noticed the dye transfer this past weekend. This morning I tried as an initial pass Meguiar's Interior Quick Detailer sprayed on a microfiber. The photo below is a 50/50 shot with the bottom part of the seat cleaned and the top part uncleaned. You can see the microfiber has picked up the blue dye off the seats. I'm satisfied with it for now.

012880fbe4e7176ddd865ac03c357dcf8810bbcefd.jpg

After seeing these posts today and having the sky cool gray seats myself, I put in an order for colourlock. I'm not going to take any chances.

Think it's heavily dependent on the exterior. On a Black Raven, like mine, I considered it a must. On brighter colors I don't think it matters as much.
I concur as mine is a black raven also with bronze wheels. When you open the door it’s such an eye catcher. Keeping it clean will be a challenge tho. I tend to cover my seats to protect from dirty dog paws!

Put the summer wheels and tires back on today, mainly because I managed to bend a wheel and it was shuddering at speed. Wheel Insurance actually covered a replacement and the dealer is going to swap it out when when the new wheel comes in. Took the time to clean and ceramic coat the calipers while I was swapping them out. My god were these filthy.

Attachments

• IMG20230405200910.jpg
    IMG20230405200910.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG20230405201450.jpg
    IMG20230405201450.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 84
I too removed the wheels for ceramic coating; did the face, barrels, and calipers. Decided that I would upgrade to carbon ceramic brakes and coated the rotors with ceramic, too.
Ceramic Caliper.jpg
Ceramic Wheel.jpg

Decided to change the oil this weekend in preparation for upcoming track day (1,669 miles - but 9 months old). Just need to jack up from the driver's side, drain plug faces passenger side.
Easy Jack.jpg
Oil Supplies.jpg
Filter.jpg

Remember to mark your filter so you can't ever forget!

I too removed the wheels for ceramic coating; did the face, barrels, and calipers. Decided that I would upgrade to carbon ceramic brakes and coated the rotors with ceramic, too.
View attachment 18169 View attachment 18168

Decided to change the oil this weekend in preparation for upcoming track day (1,669 miles - but 9 months old). Just need to jack up from the driver's side, drain plug faces passenger side.
View attachment 18171View attachment 18172View attachment 18173

Remember to mark your filter so you can't ever forget!
I was going to make the joke that I coated the rotors so that rust and brake dust slides right off but figured I'd get some keyboard warriors attacking me saying it's bad to coat and not see the joke. Love that you're coordinating your oil filter colors to match the caliper colors too!!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back