Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

Today I learned the first complimentary oil change expires 1 year after delivery.
Yeah, that's stated in the Cadillac Premium Care paperwork when you purchased. Another thing that is stated is Courtesy Transportation. My local dealer is too cheap to keep courtesy cars now (claims vehicle shortage), so I am on my own when I take the car in for service. My complaints have gone nowhere. I feel like it is a breach of contract.

My dealer has very few loaner cars. They get you, and pay for, a Lyft both ways. The one time I did that, it worked very well for the day. I think these dealers are figuring out how expensive "loaner" cars are.

My dealer has very few loaner cars. They get you, and pay for, a Lyft both ways. The one time I did that, it worked very well for the day. I think these dealers are figuring out how expensive "loaner" cars are.
I feel like the dealers know the loaners are a great way to get you into a new car. It works. I'm just miffed that they penalize their customers doing service (which is how they make a lot of money), because they would rather sell their inventory.

Yeah, that's stated in the Cadillac Premium Care paperwork when you purchased. Another thing that is stated is Courtesy Transportation. My local dealer is too cheap to keep courtesy cars now (claims vehicle shortage), so I am on my own when I take the car in for service. My complaints have gone nowhere. I feel like it is a breach of contract.
Not sure if it applies to all dealerships in Canada, but all maintenance including oil changes are at no cost for 4 years/50K miles at my dealership.

Edit: maintenance program includes free oil and filter changes, tire rotation and multi-point inspections

Not sure if it applies to all dealerships in Canada, but all maintenance including oil changes are at no cost for 4 years/50K miles at my dealership.
Yeah, seems to be a Canada thing.

I always fill out the after survey without the BS. If they didn't offer it or didn't meet the promise, I check the "no" box. These dealerships live for the 5 star ratings. I have also heard that about one-third of Cadillac dealerships are going away because they decided to take the GM buyout and not spend the ton of money to equip their shops for the upcoming electric Cadillacs.

Here on Long Island we hit close to 80 degrees for early April. NorthEasters are big fans of global warming ! I just turned on my outside water hoses and sprinklers . This week should be the last of 30 - 40 degree weather days. I will call USAA and re-instate my collision coverages and take my 5BW out of storage. Picked it up in early June 2022 and it only has 1700 miles on it. Problem is....I forgot alot of the stuff that Spring Mountain had taught me. Can't wait to start driving my babies again ! Car shows have already started.

Attachments

• 20220623_151548.jpg
    20220623_151548.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 52
I always fill out the after survey without the BS. If they didn't offer it or didn't meet the promise, I check the "no" box. These dealerships live for the 5 star ratings. I have also heard that about one-third of Cadillac dealerships are going away because they decided to take the GM buyout and not spend the ton of money to equip their shops for the upcoming electric Cadillacs.
LOL, my local dealer mails a survey card with 3 levels of satisfaction:
Satisfied
Very Satisfied
Completely Satisfied
It does have a comment section, though. I also find it comical when the service advisors says "please mark completely satisfied-that's my only passing grade". In my head I'm saying "that's what you will get, if it is true". There is so much pretend BS with these people, it's not even funny. They also send a quick text after I have picked it up asking if I was satisfied.

I recently took the car in and they dismissed 4 out of 5 items as "normal". The one thing they agreed to fix was something I took a picture of that was physically broken. I had the service manager do a ride along for one noise I had and he agreed that he heard the cause and effect of it. Then, the shop mgr and a tech rode in it later (not taking the same driving route I did with the mgr) and claimed it was normal. According to my PDR video, they did not hear it or dismissed it as exhaust noise. When I texted back saying I was not happy, there was no response. I'm still not done working on that complaint.

Put my stock tires back on. I got the car December 29th so have only been able to drive it on winter wheels/tires which were put on after PDR. Really excited to feel what the car is supposed to be like. I do have to say the winters did impress me. Picture shows the difference in thread and width for the rears.

2C916DE0-27A6-45BC-8829-EBB8FDDD8325.jpeg

Attachments

• 0352E8F9-70A5-47FE-9AED-FC34C82218D7.jpeg
    0352E8F9-70A5-47FE-9AED-FC34C82218D7.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 99
Put my stock tires back on. I got the car December 29th so have only been able to drive it on winter wheels/tires which were put on after PDR. Really excited to feel what the car is supposed to be like. I do have to say the winters did impress me. Picture shows the difference in thread and width for the rears.

View attachment 18251
She looks very nice in white!

Swapped on the summers and ceramic coated them.
PXL_20230411_191106876.jpg
PXL_20230411_191119233.jpg

Obviously, they are different animals but similar 4 doors. How do you like overall the Quadrifoglio in comparison to the BW-5 which one is overall the better saloon? Thanks!
I bought the Giulia a year ago thinking I would never get a 5BW allocation that I had been trying to get since the prior August. As I was signing the paper work, the Cadillac dealer called me with an allocation and to finalize my order. So clearly the quadrifoglio is a good luck charm! I drove it daily from April until July then it became my wife's 3 season daily as I ended up with the blackwing.

The Giulia is more comparable to the 4BW, size, weight, HP. So comparison to the 5BW would be similar to comparing the 4 vs the 5. The Giulia is going to be the "better" car for track days or high performance driving. I'm not knocking the 5BW. It's just bigger and heavier. The Giulia always puts a smile on my face when I drive it or even just look at it. So does the blackwing, so that's a tie.

Now, for my use, the 5 is the better sedan. We use both sedans to transport our 16 month old and in August will be transporting a newborn as well. The 5BW has much more room. I prefer having a manual and gobs of torque/power. The blackwing also flys under the radar better than the Giulia. I'm not sure if it's the color or the color/car combo but the Giulia gets a lot of attention which is nice, but we prefer to blend in more.

Cold start winner: Blackwing
Ridiculous power winner: Blackwing
Sexier: The blackwing is pretty but the Giulia is definitely sexier.
Driving: I'd happily take the keys to either car and I feel very fortunate to own both. If you have never driven a Quadrifoglio I highly suggest you do.

Both cars are fantastic machines. If I had to let one go I'd miss either one, but would still be happy to have whatever one survived.

Hope this helps.

A lot of different products there... Would this be a good option with 1,250 miles?
That will work, leather shield is what I am using and it wasn't coated until ~ 1500 miles as I drove the car home from PA and put some miles on it before ordering the colourlock. Just clean it real well first

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back