Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

I didn’t do it, but apparently someone doesn’t like me having nice things and decided to mod my car…

Walked out to my car after work today.
View attachment 16269
I am so sorry dude. That is beyond frustration! Disgusting. The GOAT HERDER FAMILY is here for and with you!

Really hard to see your car in this state. Is insurance covering re-doing the PPF/Ceramic?
Yes! Mike from Autobella gave me the paperwork and hounded me to get it done... so glad I did (it was only around $20 added to my annual premium)

Last edited:
How long has it been sitting there? Didn't you get hit back in November now?
They were so backed up and since it was cosmetic only I had it scheduled to be dropped off January 10th.

Just came back from body shop. All parts are in and it's in the paint shop. Should have back at some point next week!

I've been grinning since they gave me the update just like I was when I knew my car was in transport to the dealer last Summer! This is truly an amazing ride... even for an A10 (that's for you @Throat Yogurt 😘)

Glad it'll be back to you quick! I'll be nice the next time I see it to not point out any potential paint blending issues 😶

Hid in the garage and polished! Practice run with Nu Finish polish before I get some ceramic based stuff.
Kind of regretting it because I found a few paint problems I didn't know I had before. But it looks great!

P_20230129_133515_1.jpg

Today was badging day.

Swapped all the OEM badges for ones from Savage. Took the rear ones off and fell in love with the clean look, so I left them off. Adds even more to the 'sleeper' vibe.

Used the fishing line/3M wheel method. If you haven't ever used one of the 3M wheels, they are amazing.

Attachments

• IMG_0567.JPG
    IMG_0567.JPG
    551 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0570.JPG
    IMG_0570.JPG
    414.8 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0571.jpg
    IMG_0571.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0572.jpg
    IMG_0572.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0574.jpg
    IMG_0574.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0578.jpg
    IMG_0578.jpg
    598.3 KB · Views: 128
Today was badging day.

Swapped all the OEM badges for ones from Savage. Took the rear ones off and fell in love with the clean look, so I left them off. Adds even more to the 'sleeper' vibe.

Used the fishing line/3M wheel method. If you haven't ever used one of the 3M wheels, they are amazing.
Before or after paint correction? Paint looks great! I think I like just the Black Caddy Badge on the deck lid solo? Congrats, nice color!

On Monday I picked my car up from the detailer, where it had spent a week getting PPF, tint, and ceramic coating. Photos taken by the detailer:

View attachment 16642

View attachment 16643
View attachment 16644

View attachment 16645

Xpel Ultimate PPF on the front clip, Xpel Fusion Plus ceramic, and Xpel Prime Xr ceramic tint on the rear half.
EXACTLY what I'm having done to my 5BW, picking up from Sewell any minute now! Looks great!! What % did you go with the on the tint?

Wish the Blackwing had a sentry mode like Teslas do (always watching). However seeing how much that mode drains the battery, it makes sense you can't do it on a non electric car or you'd come back to a dead battery at the end of each day.

I run an Owl Security/Dash cam in our cars. It's easily swapped from car to car in less than a minute. It has a sentry mode and with any movement or shock to the car it'll send you a notification and constantly records inside and outside. You can speak to/hear anyone in the car to, during a event and you can just check in on your car at anytime just to see how things look. When driving down the road, if you see something of interest, you can say "OK Presto" (yes, kind of dumb) and it'll tag 20 seconds of video and save it separately in the system. It uses a SIM card for contact, so there is a monthly service fee, but I've had mine for 5 years now and the system has been great.

As far as power draw, it has a smart system and will shut off if it senses the auto's battery dropping to a certain level. During the last 5 years I've never had mine shut down (pulling the battery too low) even though it's been unmoved for weeks at times.

Dropped it off for service and sounds like Cadillac will have it for at least four days. I am now driving a Chevrolet Colorado pick up truck rental. It is not very nice 😖

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back