Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

No mechanical, hood, trim, grille, and some of the grille supports. I am pretty sure the core support was untouched. I was able to drive it home, but obviously the hood was howling.
Well I guess there's that. Doesn't make it feel any better I'm sure. I seriously get a sick feeling in my stomach looking at that picture and the beautiful Wave Metallic paint.

I think I'm going to start a damage and destruction thread so we can all share the pain and heal collectively.

I am waiting on the property management to get back to me on the camera... hopefully they caught it and it is clear enough to identify the vehicle and I can go forward.
sorry this happened to you. Would the surround vision recorder activate with the "intrusion"? worth a peek - it would be in the Video Recorder on the Home Page.

I didn’t do it, but apparently someone doesn’t like me having nice things and decided to mod my car…

Walked out to my car after work today.
View attachment 16269
WTF. I'd be in jail if I caught the motherfucker that did this.

Sorry bud!

SVR didn't catch the asshole that sideswiped my parked car either
... that's the one thing I don't like about my car (... and a sunglasses holder would be nice)
Given those two experiences, how is the SVR supposed to work? Not recording when car is not on? Do you have to press record every time you want it to work? I put a card in there but haven’t paid much attention to how it should work.

Without pulling out the book, I believe both only record when the car is running. The PDR can be turned on or off manually or set to record automatically when you start the car. The SVR, I believe, records 360* automatically when you start the car. Both will, or should, record over the oldest video when the SD card fills up.

Both will, or should, record over the oldest video when the SD card fills up.

For the PDR that loop recording is controlled by a setting, and that setting was off by default when I got my car.

I've had mine start recording when the alarm goes off. I was at a car show and randomly hit the remote in my pocket causing the panic alarm to sound. Later that day I was checking the svr files and one was of me behind the car, pulling my fob out of my pocket to turn off the alarm.

@Berserker ...yes, you have to go to settings. Mine was off too. Guess that's the default from the factory since they don't include a SD card.

@GTANotch88 ...really? I'll have to check. That's a great setting if it works that way. I'd think a hard enough hit would activate the alarm and then the SVR. Good info to have.

Wish the Blackwing had a sentry mode like Teslas do (always watching). However seeing how much that mode drains the battery, it makes sense you can't do it on a non electric car or you'd come back to a dead battery at the end of each day.

Given those two experiences, how is the SVR supposed to work? Not recording when car is not on? Do you have to press record every time you want it to work? I put a card in there but haven’t paid much attention to how it should work.
Without pulling out the book, I believe both only record when the car is running. The PDR can be turned on or off manually or set to record automatically when you start the car. The SVR, I believe, records 360* automatically when you start the car. Both will, or should, record over the oldest video when the SD card fills up.
First off, make sure you hit the record button (has to be done while in park). Once on it will stay on record until you manually turn it off... And once full it will write over itself unless you manually choose to save any clips (I think they are in 5 minute segments).

I feel like it sometimes catches me as I approach the vehicle... but I was expecting it to be like a security camera if people got too close the sensors would start recording... so @Finally-a-V may be right.

I can't check it out because my car is at the body shop right now looking like this as they wait for parts.
20230116_121433.jpg
20230116_121439.jpg

All of that because of this:
20221106_101607.jpg
20221106_101609.jpg

First off, make sure you hit the record button (has to be done while in park). Once on it will stay on record until you manually turn it off... And once full it will write over itself unless you manually choose to save any clips (I think they are in 5 minute segments).

I feel like it sometimes catches me as I approach the vehicle... but I was expecting it to be like a security camera if people got too close the sensors would start recording... so @Finally-a-V may be right.

I can't check it out because my car is at the body shop right now looking like this as they wait for parts.
View attachment 16375View attachment 16376

All of that because of this:
View attachment 16377View attachment 16384
I talk shit on jersey all the time, but seriously fuck every, last, asshole of Philadelphia county. I assume a new bumper is backordered until 2027? Headlight damaged at all? @dribs15

I talk shit on jersey all the time, but seriously fuck every, last, asshole of Philadelphia county. I assume a new bumper is backordered until 2027? Headlight damaged at all? @dribs15
They said it's not backordered... but still waiting on parts. Should be getting a call back today. I didn't think headlight was damaged... but saw it was removed... so we'll see.

They said it's not backordered... but still waiting on parts. Should be getting a call back today. I didn't think headlight was damaged... but saw it was removed... so we'll see.
Really hard to see your car in this state. Is insurance covering re-doing the PPF/Ceramic?

Really hard to see your car in this state. Is insurance covering re-doing the PPF/Ceramic?
In that regard, I turned the receipt from the original application of PPF & Ceramic in to my insurance company to ensure that there wouldn’t be any issues of being covered if, G_d forbid, there was a need in the future.

How long has it been sitting there? Didn't you get hit back in November now?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back