Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

Find a touchless for salt, then do waterless in the warmth of your garage.

Just did waterless with Meguiars this week for the first time... and very happy.
... and within 15 minutes after these pictures were taken a bird dropped a bomb and hit me directly center hood with collateral spray hitting the windshield and edges of hood. If I was in combat I'd have been a goner with that hit🤣

View attachment 13093View attachment 13092
View attachment 13091
I'm so pissed this color was removed for '23, its soooo good.

I put air in my tires! Yes! Totally news worthy :) Bought a new cig lighter compressor and it worked way faster than my old one. Well spent $20
inflator.jpg

I'd dropped my pressures down to 32, as I was doing canyon runs in 90F+ and wanted to keep them from getting too far into the 40s. Now it's cooling down, wanted to top them up so to speak.

Last edited:
Picked it up after getting PPF and ceramic coated, getting ready for those Michigan winters....

Attachments

• DSC02673.JPEG
    9.2 MB · Views: 84
  • DSC02674.JPEG
    6.9 MB · Views: 62
  • DSC02675.JPEG
    10.6 MB · Views: 65
  • DSC02678.JPG
    DSC02678.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 82
  • DSC02677.JPEG
    5.2 MB · Views: 59
  • DSC02679.JPG
    DSC02679.JPG
    906.8 KB · Views: 77
Picked it up after getting PPF and ceramic coated, getting ready for those Michigan winters....
Where in Michigan?

I'm in Macomb.

I have my bw in getting ppf, ceramic coating and window tinting. I should get it back Monday. Of course they also found damage on the inside drivers front wheel caused either by the car carrier or the car wash. They also found a cracked undercarriage tray on the rear passenger side. I think others have had this issue too. Looks like I will be heading to Cadillac for some repairs once I get it back.

Attachments

• IMG_7960.jpeg
    IMG_7960.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_7957.jpeg
    IMG_7957.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_8155.jpeg
    IMG_8155.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_8154.jpeg
    IMG_8154.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 102
I have my bw in getting ppf, ceramic coating and window tinting. I should get it back Monday. Of course they also found damage on the inside drivers front wheel caused either by the car carrier or the car wash. They also found a cracked undercarriage tray on the rear passenger side. I think others have had this issue too. Looks like I will be heading to Cadillac for some repairs once I get it back.
Where'd you get it PPF'd?

Where'd you get it PPF'd?
I went through Blackdog Performance Shop in Lincolnshire, IL. I am a complete novice to most of this. My previous car was the nicest I'd ever owned and I bought it used so none of this was necessary. Blackdog arranged for window tinting, had in house paint correction, and arranged for the PPF. I'm not sure who they are using specifically. I'm only going for a track pack on it. It is a bit too expensive to do a full ppf. Everything is done in-house at their facility so I didn't need to run to 3 different shops to have the work done either.

Got it back from window tinting, paint correction, ppf, dual layer ceramic coating and a hardwire for the radar detector. They also fixed a small chip I had in one of my wheels from some road construction that even driving about 3 mph still kicked up into the wheel. The car looks very good!!

Attachments

• IMG_3389.jpeg
    IMG_3389.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_3390.jpeg
    IMG_3390.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_3391.jpeg
    IMG_3391.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_3392.jpeg
    IMG_3392.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_3393.jpeg
    IMG_3393.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 113
Got it back from window tinting, paint correction, ppf, dual layer ceramic coating and a hardwire for the radar detector. They also fixed a small chip I had in one of my wheels from some road construction that even driving about 3 mph still kicked up into the wheel. The car looks very good!!
Black is hands down the best color for a Caddy. It just sucks to maintain. Care to share what you spent? I'm in the SW burbs and had the same treatment as yours but in a different detailer. Full PPF, minus doors, and Gyeon quartz was a tad over 4 for me.

Black is hands down the best color for a Caddy. It just sucks to maintain. Care to share what you spent? I'm in the SW burbs and had the same treatment as yours but in a different detailer. Full PPF, minus doors, and Gyeon quartz was a tad over 4 for me.
I didn't do a full paint protection. Just the track pack and that was 2800. paint correction and dual ceramic were 2100 and the tinting was 425.
And now that I have it back - - - - - I have to call Cadillac and make an appointment to take it back in for the shipping damage. I just want to have it at home so I can drive it when I want and not be sitting at the shop...sigh. However that is still much better than everyone still waiting on delivery.

Gorgeous. Just like my car (including caliper color)! Well, except for those chrome lug nuts. ;)

And now that I have it back - - - - - I have to call Cadillac and make an appointment to take it back in for the shipping damage. I just want to have it at home so I can drive it when I want and not be sitting at the shop...sigh. However that is still much better than everyone still waiting on delivery.

This reminds me of something I've been thinking about for a while, tying a few thoughts together.

It really says something about GM that they make a pair of crazy great cars, and then make so much about the experience really shitty. Difficulty finding allocations. High end options (e.g. carbon fiber) not available. Cars sitting for half a year once built. Shipping damage. Misaligned body panels. Paint flaws. And so on. It completely defeats the purpose of a "halo car"!!!!

I love my 5BW, it's amazing to drive, but at the same time there is nothing about this whole experience that would make me more likely to buy another GM product. This car didn't highlight any overall GM characteristics, beyond the performance of this specific model, that would make me say, hey, I should also take a look at a GM for my daily driver. Feels like an opportunity missed.

How many people are saying, well, I can't get a 5BW, so I'll buy a regular CT5-V instead? Compare that to true high-end brands. If you can't get the halo car, you still desire their higher production cars to get a piece of that magic--at least I do.

Getting back to the "how long will they build these cars" and "order banks full" threads ... Honestly, I can see why GM would limit or discontinue production. Assuming they're not making much per unit profit, what's the point?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back