Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

This was weird.

FLYARMY

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
I connected a positive and negative connection to my 5BW trunk battery. It is a quick connect pigtail plug for my battery tender. Trying to attach the alligator clips was a royal pain the butt. The plastic cover that protects the positive terminal area is way too tight and you need to remove the quarter panel trunk upholstery to get full access. Of course, the positive and negative nuts are two different sizes. The positive was more trouble because I had to wedge a piece of wood to hold up the cover while I attached the positive connection. I also used my Dremel tool to notch out the plastic cover to allow the wire to protrude safely. The weird thing was, since I disconnected the pos/neg for a few minutes, when I got back in the car and started it......a message came up on the dash telling me to put down and up each window. Anyone know what this is about ?

Attachments

• 20231107_175906.jpg
    20231107_175906.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 68
  • 20231107_175936.jpg
    20231107_175936.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 65
I've had the same indexing request for the sunroof a couple of times as well (I think after an OTA update as I hadn't disconnected the battery either time.)

Why not use the under hood battery connections for your battery tender? I connect my cteck charger there all the time and it works fine.
When I park my 5BW for the winter, it is backed into the garage and the electric outlet is on the wall , behind the trunk.

Attachments

• 20230124_162645.jpg
    20230124_162645.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 58
That is the same reason I had my installed in the trunk. I back it and put it all the way against the wall to give more space for the snowblower on the other side. I put on the car cover and it keeps the trunk lid mostly closed for the winter.

You guys afraid of using an extension chord for some reason?

I have a small 2 car garage with limited space on each side. If I back in I can almost get almost next to the wall and still be able to get out the drivers door without crawling over the stick shift and passengers seat. All about egress as you get older...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back