Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

V2 owners that made the jump to a 5BW - thoughts?

CSX

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2013 CTS-V
Hello fellow V-owners! Long-time 2013 CTS-V sedan (6MT) owner here, thought I'd keep it forever since the V3 was auto-only and never expected another supercharged manual V8 sedan from..well, anyone...then Cadillac comes out with the 5BW. Was not impressed at first when I saw the photos - car just didn't look aggressive enough to me - but having seen all the videos and a couple in person, the looks have grown on me. I found one locally to drive (also 6MT) and it's hard not for me to admit that it feels like a better overall car than the V2 in just about every way.

Anyone else here make the leap from V2 to 5BW? On the fence about putting a Day 1 order in for a 2024 given that there's a strong chance it might be the last year - ideally want everything but the carbon ceramics - but curious to hear from former V2 owners and if anyone has any regrets.

The single biggest issue I have with my V2 are the Recaro seats...I'm not a huge guy (6'1", 170 lbs) and no amount of adjusting has ever made those seats comfortable to me for long drives (after 2 hours or so my lower back is hurting), so curious if the semi-aniline seats are any better. .

As a previous V2, V3, C6Z, 4BW and currently 5BW owner, you wont regret the switch. Pricier car but leaps and bounds better. Looks might not be as sharp as the V3, but I think the handling aspect of it and sitting in it as a driver makes you forget about it. I wouldnt get it without CF, think the package is what would help you get over the bland look of the 5BW.

As far as production year, I can see this thing pushing to 2025MY so I wouldnt sweat it. Demand is still there and Caddy just pushed their full electrification plan to 2030.

Can't answer your question but I will say that you should not wait for 2024 order books to open to go to a dealer.

These cars have waitlists that can easily take a year or more before you get an allocation depending on the dealer. Do not assume that you'd be first in line for a 2024 when the order books open.

Get on a list now and do it at a dealer that can actually get a Blackwing.

The upgrade to the Alpha 2 platform alone is worth the switch. Even if you're not a track day guy, the chassis makes the overall experience in every scenario more enjoyable. I think this is the last ICE unicorn, but even if it's not, it's still worth indulging in.

Last edited:
The single biggest issue I have with my V2 are the Recaro seats...I'm not a huge guy (6'1", 170 lbs) and no amount of adjusting has ever made those seats comfortable to me for long drives (after 2 hours or so my lower back is hurting), so curious if the semi-aniline seats are any better. .
I cannot speak about the V3, but will offer opinions on the seats. I owned a 4 Blackwing with the optional upgraded quilted seats. That same seat is the mid grade option on the 5.

The 5 I purchased came with the highest option carbon backed semi-aniline seats. They are definitely more comfortable for me, and not quite as stiff as the mid level quilted seats, especially in the mid back area. Of course the carbon backing looks great, but the leather itself and comfort improvement really make them worth it. I am not sure if they are currently available to order, but if so, I highly recommend them.

65.jpg

66.jpg

67.jpg

Hello fellow V-owners! Long-time 2013 CTS-V sedan (6MT) owner here, thought I'd keep it forever since the V3 was auto-only and never expected another supercharged manual V8 sedan from..well, anyone...then Cadillac comes out with the 5BW. Was not impressed at first when I saw the photos - car just didn't look aggressive enough to me - but having seen all the videos and a couple in person, the looks have grown on me. I found one locally to drive (also 6MT) and it's hard not for me to admit that it feels like a better overall car than the V2 in just about every way.

Anyone else here make the leap from V2 to 5BW? On the fence about putting a Day 1 order in for a 2024 given that there's a strong chance it might be the last year - ideally want everything but the carbon ceramics - but curious to hear from former V2 owners and if anyone has any regrets.

I am 5'11" and 260. I have the SA CF seats and I can tell you I drove mine over 8 hours from St. Louis to Wisconsin and I was very comfortable in mine, even with the high bolsters. I have not been in previous gen cts-v's with the recaros, but I am very happy with mine. I was worried and talked to a lot of people before making my final decision, I am not unhappy with it.

Had a V2 wagon (6MT) and now have a 5BW (6MT). I haven’t done enough long road trips in the 5BW to comment on the seats (I did find the old Recaros fine and I’m about 6’2”, 190). I do miss the form factor if the wagon, but find the looks of the 5BW really sharp. Most importantly the 5BW is so refined when compared to the V2. Refinement in terms of performance, as well as interior. If you’re in a V2 sedan now I’d recommend the upgrade. If you were in a wagon the decision wouldn’t be quite as clear!

@668LT4 I'm jealous. I did not get to order my car, was ordered with mid level seats. I haven't seen one with top tier CF backed seats let alone feel or sit in one. Longest trip with my car was about 2hr each way and found them to be completely comfortable. Haven't really played too much with adjustable side bolsters but I do have arthritis in my lower back and found no discomfort at all. Massage feature seems a little muted and leather doesn't feel as supple compared to my F150 Platinum.

@668LT4 I'm jealous. I did not get to order my car, was ordered with mid level seats. I haven't seen one with top tier CF backed seats let alone feel or sit in one. Longest trip with my car was about 2hr each way and found them to be completely comfortable. Haven't really played too much with adjustable side bolsters but I do have arthritis in my lower back and found no discomfort at all. Massage feature seems a little muted and leather doesn't feel as supple compared to my F150 Platinum.
They feel nice...

Attachments

• IMG_3282.jpg
    IMG_3282.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5809.jpg
    IMG_5809.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 53
Well, as stated before, I got lucky. My 22 order never got allocated, and when it did, it was a 23. So I ordered the car exactly as I wanted, with mid level seats (carbon seats were not available at the time, and the massive upcharge was a deterrent). The car was built rather quickly, and as it neared shipping to the dealer, a 22 identical to mine miraculously opened up. Same exact build except it had the carbon seats and black mirror caps. So I let go of my 23 order to buy the 22. Saved thousands in the process and managed the nicer seats. I sort of felt like the goats finally threw me a bone.

Well, as stated before, I got lucky. My 22 order never got allocated, and when it did, it was a 23. So I ordered the car exactly as I wanted, with mid level seats (carbon seats were not available at the time, and the massive upcharge was a deterrent). The car was built rather quickly, and as it neared shipping to the dealer, a 22 identical to mine miraculously opened up. Same exact build except it had the carbon seats and black mirror caps. So I let go of my 23 order to buy the 22. Saved thousands in the process and managed the nicer seats. I sort of felt like the goats finally threw me a bone.
Used or new 22? I gave up and got a used Collectors and my order didnt picked up and not even sure if mine ever got rolled to 23.

Used or new 22? I gave up and got a used Collectors and my order didnt picked up and not even sure if mine ever got rolled to 23.
Mine was a brand new 2022. It was built in June and delivered in November. Ironically, my 2023 order was built in September and also delivered in November to the same dealer.

I had the top seats in my 4. They are very nice and comfortable, perhaps a tad hard on the bottom. My 5 has the SA carbon backed seats and I love them. Extremely comfortable, and you can see and feel the better quality leather. I've done long trips with both and have no complaints about either. I'd say, you can't go wrong either way, at least per my back and ass. I wanted the CF backed because, well, I think they look really sharp and are nicely done. My loving wife doesn't understand why I like the "plastic" backs. Of course, to her, all SUV's are Jeeps.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back