Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Thoughts on 2022 CT4V BW after long test drive

Do what I did, at 6'3", order the base seats. Cheaper and way more comfortable; I have them now in my CT5-V.

The base seats in the 5 are soft as marshmallows.

I got to sample the CF backed seats at SM and they were much harder and more constrictive. Definitely liked them on the track but preferred my own base seats for daily commute (1 hr each way).

I do agree with others that you might just need a bigger sedan. Are your teenage kids going to be riding alot with you, or only occasionally?

Last edited:
IDK, being at 6'2, and you have grown teenagers I think the 4 is too small for your family. Sounds like your wife hates it, and you want to love it too but it may not be the right fit. I think the base seats will help ease your frustrations and maybe your wife will come around. Maybe extended test drive or rent a regular ct4 which comes with base seats then you'll know if it's the seats or the car itself.

I had a 4 with the 4 cyl turbo as a rental for over a week and I'm 5'8, my wife's 5'5 and my kids are under the age of 4 and while we fit fine in the car, there's definitely less space than I would have liked. I really liked it, even my wife took the keys to it a few times and she never does that. There is something fun, small and practical about the ct4.
I have a 5BW in 6spd with the mid tier seats, and I can attest to the bottom cushion being like wood. They break in eventually, reason I know is I had a 6 hour trip to SM in the driver seat and was fine, the way home the passenger seat was significantly harder.

These BWs in tour mode ride extremely well considering how well it corners, but it's not nearly as comfirtable as a Lexus GSF or an AMG. If you absolutely have to have manual and it's got it be a modern car then you're left with a handful of options M3 g80, M5 E60/F10 Chevy SS, BW4/5 or Honda CTR/Integra Type S.

It's your car though, but with that respect you gotta live with your wife and the consequences. Keep us posted on what you decide to go with.
New AMGs ride like a lumber wagon in comparison, at least the e class

New AMGs ride like a lumber wagon in comparison, at least the e class
My bro in law had a C43 AMG and it rode like garbage even on Michelin all season. I test drove a 63 SUV and altrough a bit better because of the air suspension it was weird.

My bro in law had a C43 AMG and it rode like garbage even on Michelin all season. I test drove a 63 SUV and altrough a bit better because of the air suspension it was weird.
I sold my C63S recently and can confirm it also rode like garbage. Way too harsh for any sort of comfortable driving.

The first step with buying these Mercedes cars is to dump the run crap tires that come from the factory. Makes a big improvement, but still not a great ride.

Ride is subjective, and it depends on the roads near you. Some good points about the RFs those can be jarring. I still think my 987.2 with no PSAM rides perfect. My 2012 VW CC with solid rubber subframe bushings, control arm bushings, solid F/R sways, Bilstein B8s and Eibach springs; ride was twitchy but to me felt great. A good friend of mine with a bad back refused to ride in it a second time.

I didn't have an issue with the ride of an e63, granted it's not Lexus soft. W213 is better than the w212.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners