Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

The future Blackwing

Let’s start rumor! 2025 CT5 BW will be powered by Escalade V engine. With Camaro being shut down and corresponding engine stopped, maybe they will just take escalade motors for BW!

With oe's losing billions on ev development and poorer sales than expected I was questioning whether or not Cadillac was going to stick to their original plan. For those with more inside knowledge of automotive design and engineering at what point (in years) before a vehicles new model release is there no turning back?

I wouldn't expect any wise decisions from the higher ups at Cadillac, look what they did with the development of Blackwing engine.

Taking this for what it is worth. Spring mountain has a contract with Cadillac thru 2028. No idea if that means more blackwings or maybe racing electric vehicles in the future.

Taking this for what it is worth. Spring mountain has a contract with Cadillac thru 2028. No idea if that means more blackwings or maybe racing electric vehicles in the future.

Good to know. The way I see it the Blackwing will atleast make it to 2026, since 2025 is the refresh and I doubt they would do a refresh for a 1 year run.

My best guess: The ICE Blackwing will not get the revised fascia or interior and ends with the '24 MY. It will return as an Ultium based rig and as an interim step Spring Mountain installs generators powered by excess LT4 inventory. But seriously, we're talking Nevada here, not California, they can have a charging infrastructure installed in a month.

I see no business case for the CT4/5 soldiering on for years to come. They killed the Camaro and it sold about the same number of units (24k) as the 4/5 combined in 2022 (good car bad car). At a few thousand a year, the BW niche is not really contributing to the EV transition like you can argue with the ICE Mustang and the Mach E. The refreshed ICE 4/5 makes its a few additional years to try to bridge to the 2030 "all electric" vision.

I for one am sitting here waiting for a refresh, got to sell the ss sedan to get a BW but don't gamble much so will sit tight until something official is said, Cadillac statement when the refresh 4/5 were released was BW news at a later date.

I for one am sitting here waiting for a refresh, got to sell the ss sedan to get a BW but don't gamble much so will sit tight until something official is said, Cadillac statement when the refresh 4/5 were released was BW news at a later date.
SS?

My best guess: The ICE Blackwing will not get the revised fascia or interior and ends with the '24 MY. It will return as an Ultium based rig and as an interim step Spring Mountain installs generators powered by excess LT4 inventory. But seriously, we're talking Nevada here, not California, they can have a charging infrastructure installed in a month.

I see no business case for the CT4/5 soldiering on for years to come. They killed the Camaro and it sold about the same number of units (24k) as the 4/5 combined in 2022 (good car bad car). At a few thousand a year, the BW niche is not really contributing to the EV transition like you can argue with the ICE Mustang and the Mach E. The refreshed ICE 4/5 makes its a few additional years to try to bridge to the 2030 "all electric" vision.
I think LT4 will live on beyond 2024. The spy shots show quad exhaust on the future BW. Since the Escalade V still use the LT4 engine so I think they will keep making them for a while. But one would think it doesn’t make sense for GM to build LT4 for maybe 2500 CT5s and 1000-2000 Escalade Vs. but who knows!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back