Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

The future Blackwing

The fact that they have not announced an update for the CT4 V blackwing makes me think its days might be numbered.

They will wait to update the CT4
The amt of discounts on regular CT4s and BW, I ponder if they will kill it soon. Old peeps don’t like driving in tiny cars.

The amt of discounts on regular CT4s and BW, I ponder if they will kill it soon. Old peeps don’t like driving in tiny cars.
It's a car that would of been very popular 15-20 years ago

Like the catera was. Oh wait...
Blasphemy!!! Thall shall not speaketh the c-word amogst motorsports enthusiasts, lest ye shall be banished to the depths of the intarwebs darkest nether regions!

Said *vehicle which shall not be named* never existed. Additionally, any reference to a performance automobile that... (audible scoff)... *air quotes* "zigs" is similarly subject to immediate retribution in the form of the entire deletion of any accumulated "internet cred" and potential revocation (if applicable) of one's "non-gender-specific-but-based-on-prevailing-denographics-very-likely-to-be-a" 'man-card'.

Last edited:
Remember...CTS -> Catera touring sedan
I remember when I was building my 05 cts-v, I saw some plastic parts had "catera" molded into them with the part numbers.

So maybe CT5 -> Catera Touring 5. 😉

Remember, we are talking about GM here. They do really dopey things. Think CT6 V and the 1475 Blackwing engines for two model years
In all fairness to GM, what killed that car is the general death of the sedan to the cross-over and the fact that the Omega platform was too premium for the remaining market (dying due to cross-overs and EVs on the horizon.)

In all fairness to GM, what killed that car is the general death of the sedan to the cross-over and the fact that the Omega platform was too premium for the remaining market (dying due to cross-overs and EVs on the horizon.)
Yes Cadillac/GM doesn't have the big european market like the germans for still popular sedans in 5 series format.

Signing a contract just means they plan to continue offering courses for high performance Cadillac's. The ICE Blackwings days are numbered as long as GM will allow it. I believe new emission regulations come into effect in '26? GM might bite the bullet and just continue to offer them and get penalized for it and pass those penalties on to the buyer, after all they produce less them 4k a year between CT4 and CT5 so ot probably doesn't affect the bottom line to much penalty wise.

However it doesn't take much to install chargers and if an electric Blackwing is released in a few years thats plenty of time for Spring Mountain to add chargers to accomodate.

Signing a contract just means they plan to continue offering courses for high performance Cadillac's. The ICE Blackwings days are numbered as long as GM will allow it. I believe new emission regulations come into effect in '26? GM might bite the bullet and just continue to offer them and get penalized for it and pass those penalties on to the buyer, after all they produce less them 4k a year between CT4 and CT5 so ot probably doesn't affect the bottom line to much penalty wise.

However it doesn't take much to install chargers and if an electric Blackwing is released in a few years thats plenty of time for Spring Mountain to add chargers to accomodate.
So do you think EV's will be allowed on track? Here in WV at summitpoint no EV's are allowed on track. Should one be involved in a bad accident and catch fire, they tend to burn for a very long time and require different equipment to extinguish as I understand it

There is an interesting article in the weekend edition of the WSJ about Mary Barra and she says Cadillac is the face of GM evolving technology and large ICE sedans like the CT6 didn't fit that image <virtue signaling>.

GM is dealing with some difficult issues including going too hard on (I said hard on) EV's and driverless technology. Most of the market isn't really interested in either at this point. It's an interesting and presumably extremely difficult time for product planning with consumer tastes and government mandates at odds. Looking forward to the massive bailouts when, once again, the government meddling in the free market didn't have the desired outcome.

So do you think EV's will be allowed on track? Here in WV at summitpoint no EV's are allowed on track. Should one be involved in a bad accident and catch fire, they tend to burn for a very long time and require different equipment to extinguish as I understand it
This would depend on the track ownership and if they allow electric cars.

Either way I doubt many people who own an electric performance sedan would track it, even if it is capable.

If a majority of tracks don't allow electric vehicles due to liability of lithium ion fires than any future electric performance cars advertised as track cars have an uphill battle.

Although to be fair, people who track cars are in a minority so the manufacturer may not care, they will build them, say they have the performance and can be tracked but if no track will let you on their course its not the manufacturers problem and most people don't track their cars anyway so it will most likely be a non issue for the majority.

Actual track rats or people who track casually will stick with ICE.

I've seen at least one EV at a track day at Laguna Seca, thing was quick, guy couldn't drive well though

It really is a track by track decision. As I recall, what killed it for Summit Point was when they* published standards for the equipment a fire department should have for fighting EV fires. It made no economic sense for the track owners to invest in that new equipment at this time, so they decided to just ban them. As I recall Willow Springs was touting that they did invest in the equipment and EVs welcome.

*I can't remember who "they" was, I it was some body that recommended fire equipment standards.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back