Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Hint about Lansing Grand River future?

jbawden

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 5BW 6M
Not news that Camaro production is ending but I thought this article was interesting as it mentions how the new UAW contract is affecting future plans, specifically LGR.

"GM is planning to bring the Bolt back. Timing, production site and other details about the next-generation Bolt haven't been released.
The UAW agreement also says GM has agreed to invest $1.25 billion into Lansing Grand River for future EVs. More details on that haven't been released."

Article here:

Yeah, it's the new BEV chassis probably the new Gen 6 Small block with electric assist! BW all ice is donzo!

Yeah, LGR was mentioned quite some time ago for EV production. Though, now, EVs are being re-thought by manufacturers since sales are dismal and no one wants/can afford them. I feel for the auto workers that might not have anything to build.

Maybe like Mook suggests (and the e-ray) GM and others might concede that Toyota had it right all along and that hybrids are the appropriate stepping stones to full BEV. The UAW contract is just another unnatural market force (like CA mandates) that is forcing the OEM's to build product no one wants. I can't decide what all this means for BW production, but assuming it will go on for years seems to be on unstable ground.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back