Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Ron Fellows Driving Experience (Not Spring Mountain)

Exia

Seasoned Member
Yesterday I did the Ron Fellows Driving Experience at MOSPORT (Canadian Tire Motorsports Park) located in Ontario, Canada.

This is similar to the second day at Spring Mountain, I did a 20min track session in the CT5-V Blackwing, Camaro ZL1 1LE AND as luck would have it... The new Z06. The sessions are all lead follow with instructors and we also got to talk to Ron Fellows, he owns the track and was with us for the day.

Normally the groups are done with 4 people per group of car (1 instructor + 3 drivers) for all three vehicles. Pretty much everyone there had never been to a track before, similar to Spring Mountain you get a lot of folks who have never done any HPDEs. Me and a friend have done this before and have done other various HPDEs so we were put into our own group of just the two of us which was awesome, so we could just go flat out the entire time without worrying about a slower person being in the group.

Always great to drive your Blackwing to the track and then drive someone elses Blackwing on track!

As usual I loved the Caddy on the track, MOSPORT is a high speed momentum track, even the corners are incredibly quick. The car felt more stable then the ZL1 1LE and didn't have much issue putting the power down despite smaller tires. I joked that they should do a hot lap in the Cadillac with 3 of us in the car (didn't work).

The Z06 was a very pleasant surprise, we all thought we would be driving Stingrays but they recently got 4 Z06s from GM so needless to say we were pretty excited.

Holy shit the noise of this thing. Starts ups are very loud and at full revs the cabin noise is deafening. I remember GM said they spent two years perfecting the exhaust and I can believe it, I don't know how this thing passed noise regulations. The instructors took us all for hot laps at the end of the day in the Z06 and they were all doing 25mph more then I was in every corner, this thing had insane grip. Ron said he recently broke the track record at MOSPORT in a Z07 Z06 and I can believe it.

He also said GM was recently down for testing a future vehicle although they couldn't say what but he did say that we can probably read between the lines (cough ZR1/Zora cough).

At the end of the day besides the absurdity of the Z06 I think I had the most fun in the Cadillac on track and after a nice day of racing its great to jump back into my Blackwing for the cruise home.

Attachments

• PXL_20230613_211306558.jpg
    PXL_20230613_211306558.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 61
  • PXL_20230613_211315139.jpg
    PXL_20230613_211315139.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 65
  • PXL_20230613_234649452.jpg
    PXL_20230613_234649452.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Lucky dog! Sounds like a total blast!