Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

The Blackwing Spotting Thread

I ran into a 5BW @ the WAWA in Jamison, PA. a couple of months ago. We talked for a bit. I forgot to take a picture, stupid me. I think the owner said that he also lives in Bucks County PA.
Was it a black 5 with base seats? I ran into a guy sitting in the home Depot parking lot in willow Grove in August of 22 right as production was starting. I thought it was just a v at first but then immediately slammed on my brakes and gawked when I saw the flared fenders. Ended up talking for 20 min about it. That's would sealed the deal for me to finally get serious about placing an order.

Spotted this orange one in the philly suburbs, not sure if the owner is on the forums though @Jameson's Viggen
IMG20230702112901.jpg

Northern NJ... White 4bw on Essex st in Lodi/Maywood, by rt 17, coming out of wawa.

Was it a black 5 with base seats? I ran into a guy sitting in the home Depot parking lot in willow Grove in August of 22 right as production was starting. I thought it was just a v at first but then immediately slammed on my brakes and gawked when I saw the flared fenders. Ended up talking for 20 min about it. That's would sealed the deal for me to finally get serious about placing an order.
I don't remember exactly. I think with might have been white like mine, but It could have been black.

I am not sure if "on a track" meets the " Spotted In the Wild" criteria.

Saw two CT5V-BW @ NJMP in Millville NJ. Only one went on track. The other one was new and was well below the 1500-mile marker.

Hopefully, we will see many more Blackwings @ NJMP on July 29th. Cross your fingers for good weather.

Attachments

• CT5V-BW @ NJMP.jpg
    CT5V-BW @ NJMP.jpg
    875.5 KB · Views: 74
I am not sure if "on a track" meets the " Spotted In the Wild" criteria.

Saw two CT5V-BW @ NJMP in Millville NJ. Only one went on track. The other one was new and was well below the 1500-mile marker.

Hopefully, we will see many more Blackwings @ NJMP on July 29th. Cross your fingers for good weather.
looks like a good time!

Any one here with a black 4BW who was driving south on MI-23 thru Ann Arbor area this past Friday in the early afternoon and noticed they were following a red 5BW (me)? My wife and I were heading back to NY after spending a week with relatives in northern MI and had them in my rear view mirror for about 15 or 20 miles before they exited.

A great road trip (835 mi each way) in the 5BW getting around 25-27mpg with cruising speeds ranging from 75 to 95 mph most of the way there and back.

Black with Bronze wheels spotted on Friday in Vernon CT. Getting on I84 west toward Hartford. As I always do, he hammered it on to the left lane, sounded great. If they could only rescue mine from the rodeo… shipped on 5/17. Nowhere to be seen, still sitting in MI.

I ran into a 5BW @ the WAWA in Jamison, PA. a couple of months ago. We talked for a bit. I forgot to take a picture, stupid me. I think the owner said that he also lives in Bucks County PA.
That had to be me. I live in Furlong on Swamp rd and go to that wawa multiple times a week. I remember chatting as well.

I've not seen any other BW's around whatsoever. Sloan Audi on 611 has a white one on the front lot for sale though. Lol

That had to be me. I live in Furlong on Swamp rd and go to that wawa multiple times a week. I remember chatting as well.

I've not seen any other BW's around whatsoever. Sloan Audi on 611 has a white one on the front lot for sale though. Lol
I belonged to Old York Road CC for many years (now in FL). Anyway, for those wondering about the used 5BW.... $99k for a 2023 and it's a manual

Aside from the Blackwing badge on the back (and the sound of the exhaust, of course), how do you distinguish a Blackwing from a non-Blackwing V-Series? I think the Blackwings have a different grille pattern, but that can be hard to see clearly while driving. Other visual clues?

Aside from the Blackwing badge on the back (and the sound of the exhaust, of course), how do you distinguish a Blackwing from a non-Blackwing V-Series? I think the Blackwings have a different grille pattern, but that can be hard to see clearly while driving. Other visual clues?
Fender vents.

All that carbon
big brakes/wheels

Not all BWs have BW badges on them. If it has a manual or CF, then it's def a BW as those options are not offered on other models. The easiest way for me to tell is the black exhaust tips (vs. regular V series having silver tips). Glancing at the tires is usually a good clue too. Fat ones = BW.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back