Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Tapout CT4-V Blackwing Carbon Fiber Intake Test Results

What outside temperatures are you guys getting the CEL in? Below freezing or in the 40s/50s/or warmer?

Like DesertRJ, if just an issue in the winter or very cold days, I can live with it as I have the tools to clear the code at home. Plus I don't drive my car in the winter anyway lol.

You are right about GMs design with all the screws! Don't know why they couldn't use clips or something else. I thought the same thing when adding the green filters several months ago.

I will also say this would be way less of an issue if it wasn't secured with a thousand screws and one is a total pain to get at. Does GM hate people that change the air filters regularly? I don't see why this couldn't be done with clips or something.

With how much crap I had in my airbox I'd be inclined to open it up more often and clean that garbage out.
Yeah, that passenger-side rear is a PAIN!!!!

I so wanted this work without CELs because the car seems perfect with an extra 40 or so horsepower.

Temps here dropped into the 50s, I tried but it was throwing three different codes, all minor, but still.

I plugged the scan tool cleared the light but the app still flags the Evap system as needing service and my dealer called.

Yeah, that passenger-side rear is a PAIN!!!!

I so wanted this work without CELs because the car seems perfect with an extra 40 or so horsepower.

Temps here dropped into the 50s, I tried but it was throwing three different codes, all minor, but still.

I plugged the scan tool cleared the light but the app still flags the Evap system as needing service and my dealer called.
Excellent point, big brother is seeing these as well. It’s not just about an inconvenience. It’s about potentially voiding your warranty.

For me it was in the 40 to low 50 degree range that it popped on. Going to give clearing a try and a few starts from my 60 degree garage and see if that keeps the codes away. If not I'll be removing it and returning until there's a fix. It's not worth possibly losing the warranty over. Kills me to say that as the strong pull to redline is very appealing. Gives the engine that extra bit of exotic feel it was lacking.

What is at some point in the future there was an enhanced version of the DTC Assassin that checked fror nuisance codes such as DTC P1400, and cleared them automatically, without user intervention?

What is at some point in the future there was an enhanced version of the DTC Assassin that checked fror nuisance codes such as DTC P1400, and cleared them automatically, without user intervention?
Useful but, an additional $400 expense. 🤷‍♂️

I might go for that as long as it doesn't still throw codes via the connected vehicle app. Like I said, my dealer called to schedule service due to the code within a day of it being thrown.

Do you all have any ideas in place for down the road that might be an easy fix for this air box? I received my airbox and am just waiting for the right time to install.

Codes I saw were:
P1101 Intake airflow -incorrect
P1400 Cold start emission control -malfunction
P0174 System Too Lean (Bank 2)

All have since cleared with the reinstallation of the OEM lid.

To all of those buying the Lid, why not just get a JB4? The gains are identical for the most part.

This lid seems to trick the MAF sensors for increased boost. Why not go with the JB4 which essentially does the same and won't have to worry about CELs?

I'm personally waiting for their new tuning hardware to come out before doing any of that.

To all of those buying the Lid, why not just get a JB4? The gains are identical for the most part.

This lid seems to trick the MAF sensors for increased boost. Why not go with the JB4 which essentially does the same and won't have to worry about CELs?
I wasn't thinking it would post CEL back when I ordered it. Now we're hearing multiple drivers mention it's posting CEL with more of these orders going out lol. I think it looks pretty sweet though.

I don’t want to have to change spark plugs every 10-15k miles…

I thought about jb4 but you really should change the spark plugs with it and frankly for a person with large hands it socks trying to get to the two rear cylinders. And they will need replacement more often.

I love how it looks.

For those that installed it and did some pulls, did anyone see more than 14psi on the boost gauge? Should you see ~16psi as indicated in the dyno graphs? On my stock 4BW I usually see 12 max, maybe 13 once in a while.

Ideally, I'd like to see a less aggressive version of the intake - same good looks, a little less power, and no codes on an otherwise stock vehicle. :unsure:
Agreed. I think every 4BW owner would buy one. Hopefully, they get this dialed in where it won't throw a code. I assume the ECU has a limit to how much airflow it sees and when it gets a bit colder that cold dense air exceeds the limit.

For owners with the JB4, can something be written in the logic to fool the IAT sensor? The CEL is what is holding people back from the downpipes, and now the air box... I know its the only thing holding me back. I'm in that "tuner" generation, the one that was around before the Fast & Furious crew came out and ruined the scene. We've grown up (just a little) and up'd our game to this platform. I love the car, and the car scene, I love to "mod" them out and personalize it... But have grown out of the PITA CEL issues. I'd buy DP's with Magnaflow HighFlow cats welded on. The magnaflow cat fixed my VW/Audi 3" downpipe CEL issue. Same with the airbox, keep the CF, dial it back to stay within whatever threshold is throwing that check light. I cannot speak for everyone, but I'd buy both, and I think many others are watching and waiting too.

1A97C8F4-EF58-4C88-8B56-605DB2ED99EE.jpeg
Posting to show my install. It’s really easy to do. There’s one screw on the passenger side that was annoying to get to. I love the look of this CF lid. I think I’ll start planning for the CF engine cover to complete the look under the hood. The BW pulls really nicely with this added. I’m not sure how much of a difference I can feel because I’ve been pretty gentle these first couple thousand miles. My story on the CEL: yep. It hit me too. The first start the idle was rough and I expected that. But computer caught it and it’s been good since. Later Saturday evening for my second drive it popped on at some point. The light is behind my steering wheel so I didn’t notice when it happen. The CEL was still there Sunday morning. But the second half of the day.. it was sunny here in Dallas. Was driving home from the gym and noticed the light was gone. Was that way for the rest of Sunday. This car isn’t my daily driver so I haven’t tested it today. But it’s interesting with this light popping on and now it’s not showing.

Side note: I also installed the CF spoiler and love the look.
30FC2463-D865-438D-A8DE-27F58B4C1A8C.jpeg
8FFB5FB8-D545-4AC3-AB3C-1B467502E0BC.jpeg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop