Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Tapout CT4-V Blackwing Carbon Fiber Intake Test Results

Just pulledd the trigger. Back order until mid march....doh. looking forward to it and will post before and after dyno results so anyone at altitude can see what results they can expect (I'm a mile high).

Thanks Tap Out

Just pulledd the trigger. Back order until mid march....doh. looking forward to it and will post before and after dyno results so anyone at altitude can see what results they can expect (I'm a mile high).

Thanks Tap Out
I'll be curious what the results are. I'm above a mile here and will likely be getting mine dynoed before/after the change as well. With as much headroom as the turbos are described as having, it should have similar results as our sea level counterparts.

Finally found a source for 93 octane!

How many intakes are installed and how many have had the error code? Any difference between the different year or different transmissions in terms of likelihood of getting the error?

What is the bottom line on whether this would affect the manufacture’s warranty?

Seems like most people running JB4 and our intake lid together get the DTC P1400 on some cold starts. Most people running the intake lid only have not reported the code. It's easily cleared with the JB4, DTC Assassin or Aeroforce scan gauge.

I received the intake lid today and put the blackwing sticker on. Looks really good!
Hopefully I'll have some time to install tomorrow.

It will probably be a few more weeks before I drive the car to test it out though. Only driven it once since early December for about 20 miles. Almost spring though!

20230311_215111.jpg

I saw those in the shop when I was picking up my carbon spoilers Friday. They do look really nice. That's likely my next purchase along with the air filters and ported throttle body on my way to Blue Belt status. It's nice you can do it incrementally.

Yep seems to be an increase based on old butt dyno.

Be ready, the rear passenger side screw is a total pain to get to.

Attachments

• 20230312_200803.jpg
    20230312_200803.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Yep seems to be an increase based on old butt dyno.

Be read, the rear passenger side screw is a total pain to get to.
Any codes?

Hopefully it doesn't affect you. For me it was the 3rd day with the rough start that triggered the CEL.

Hopefully it doesn't affect you. For me it was the 3rd day with the rough start that triggered the CEL.
Hopefully not. The first start was rough but all the others have been smooth. I'm not exactly sure how the design works, but it certainly seems the MAFs will think they're getting (more ?) unrestricted air. Or is it less? I don't know. We shall see.

I was surprised by the amount of debris in the bottom of the air box. It's not typically sandy where I live but there was quite a bit there.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Upon further review, I notice this morning on cold start that the engine idled rough for about 5 seconds before settling into a smooth idle. I only noticed it because I was specifically paying attention. I will be keeping an eye on it, I could definitely see that being an issue in cooler temps. I'm hoping the system is just relearning itself.

Last edited:
Following this thread closely... I just picked up a JB4 from a member here, and the airbox was my next purchase. I will not play the CEL game, as PA is a bastard with yearly inspections. Clearing the light is not an issue, but the "ECM readiness" is a terrible game to play. Otherwise I would've pulled the trigger on downpipes months ago!

I was surprised by the amount of debris in the bottom of the air box. It's not typically sandy where I live but there was quite a bit there.
Same here. I ended up busting out the vacuum and cleaned all that up when doing the install.

Whelp, the temperature dropped and she started throwing the CEL. Drove fine but yes it looks like in cooler weather it will throw a CEL .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230313_203045.jpg
    Screenshot_20230313_203045.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
I want this intake bad. I won't deal with CELs on a new car. Sad.

Whelp, the temperature dropped and she started throwing the CEL. Drove fine but yes it looks like in cooler whether it will throw a CEL .
How cool of temp?

Got mine yesterday and third drive today got a CEL. I'll do a bit more fiddling around to see if I can figure out anything more. If it's a winter/spring only think I can probably live with it. I've got the tools to clear it so we'll see if I can find more specific info.

Interestingly, I had zero rough idle. In fact, it's been smoother since using the intake. Anyone tried the intake with the paper OEM filters? I went straight to the greens.

Can you tell I'd love to get this working without a CEL? lol

I will also say this would be way less of an issue if it wasn't secured with a thousand screws and one is a total pain to get at. Does GM hate people that change the air filters regularly? I don't see why this couldn't be done with clips or something.

With how much crap I had in my airbox I'd be inclined to open it up more often and clean that garbage out.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back