Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Tapout CT4-V Blackwing Carbon Fiber Intake Test Results

Good question!

On the ATS-Vs with LF4 engine, this would have been a major concern. On the CT4-V Blackwings, this is not an issue. These cars have dual wideband oxygen sensors, so fueling is adjusted real time.
ron burgundy anchorman GIF

So looking at the dyno charts and assuming an average 14% transmission loss between who vs SAE are we really saying the extra boost is good for something like 520hp

472hp to 409whp is like a 13.33% transmission loss

So

450whp at that same level of efficiency loss would mean you're making something near 520hp at the crank. That would put us at near parity with the new M2/3/4 competition cars on power.

That's a 48hp improvement at $24.75 per pony. And you still would NOT have cracked the M car base price.

Last edited:
Pulled the trigger last night :).

I saw a new note on the website about a possible check engine light P1400 with the intake cover. I looked it up and it seems to have something to do with the catalytic converter and how quickly it gets to temp at initial start.

What conditions have triggered the code? Driving on very cold days? Getting on the throttle before the car is warmed up?

Pulled the trigger last night :).

I saw a new note on the website about a possible check engine light P1400 with the intake cover. I looked it up and it seems to have something to do with the catalytic converter and how quickly it gets to temp at initial start.

What conditions have triggered the code? Driving on very cold days? Getting on the throttle before the car is warmed up?
Several customers with this airbox lid have set DTC P1400. This is an EGR related DTC that seems to set on cold starts under certain conditions if you’re running the aftermarket intake lid. We didn’t make the connection at first, but a few people have reported the issue, so we are currently working to figure out a solution. In the interim, you can use the JB4 Tuner or the DTC Assassin™ to clear the code.

We don't yet know the exact conditions or reasons this code sets, since we haven't seen it ourselves yet on any we've done here. We will continue gathering data, and working toward a solution.

In my case it occurred each time during cold start around 55-65 degrees in my garage when started.
With it came a very rough idle during the cold start with my RPM dipping very low to where it felt like the car would stall and then it booted to another map and it kicked the RPMs higher. During that the CEL triggered.
The car drove fine otherwise with no perceivable issues, but the CEL doesn't go away on its own.
Initially I pulled the cable on the battery to reset, but the CEL returned the next morning when it again had a very rough idle during cold start. I ended up removing it and went back to the stock lid with the green air filters.

@WONT TAP If you can figure out the issue and revise it so this doesn't occur, I'll happily be back to purchase it again.

In my case it occurred each time during cold start around 55-65 degrees in my garage when started.
With it came a very rough idle during the cold start with my RPM dipping very low to where it felt like the car would stall and then it booted to another map and it kicked the RPMs higher. During that the CEL triggered.
The car drove fine otherwise with no perceivable issues, but the CEL doesn't go away on its own.
Initially I pulled the cable on the battery to reset, but the CEL returned the next morning when it again had a very rough idle during cold start. I ended up removing it and went back to the stock lid with the green air filters.

@WONT TAP If you can figure out the issue and revise it so this doesn't occur, I'll happily be back to purchase it again.
So, you returned it for a full refund?

So, you returned it for a full refund?
They offered a refund for it, yeah. Hasn't been returned yet, but I'm hoping it is for the full amount.

Do you have any other mods?

No.

Correct.

They offered a refund for it, yeah. Hasn't been returned yet, but I'm hoping it is for the full amount.
Yes, we will provide a full refund if you're not happy with our products for any reason. We ask that you do your best to keep the airbox lid in like new condition.

I take it the issue hasn't returned since you swapped back to stock?
Many people haven't seen the DTC P1400 code at all. Some got the code and resolved it by removing the intake lid. Others resolved it by removing the JB4. So it's possible there may be some sort of imcompatibility between those two products. We will keep everyone posted as we learn more.

Did you have the JB4 installed as well when having this issue, or just the intake alone? Thanks!

Only the intake, no other supporting mods.

Yeah, it pretty much works as advertised. Better throttle response, more power, breaks the tires loose a lot easier, pulls harder. I liked it, I just didn't want to deal with a CEL at this point.
Even though it pulled the CEL, it didn't affect drivability after the car was warmed up... I may at some point buy again if I end up keeping the car for longer, or if they find a workaround.

Yeah, it pretty much works as advertised. Better throttle response, more power, breaks the tires loose a lot easier, pulls harder. I liked it, I just didn't want to deal with a CEL at this point.
Even though it pulled the CEL, it didn't affect drivability after the car was warmed up... I may at some point buy again if I end up keeping the car for longer, or if they find a workaround.
What kind of boost readings were you getting?

14 psi

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners