Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Sueded microfiber steering wheel

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 Cadillac CT4 V Blackwing
Is it true when you order the upgraded seats that includes the sueded microfiber wrapped interior trim package that it also includes the sueded/alcantara steering wheel? When my dealer sent me my order build sheet I had noticed it just said the regular performance steering wheel and not the extra $300 it says on build and price for the suede wheel. I had asked them about this and they said on the 22’s you had the option of doing the steering wheel separately. Now on the 23’s there’s no option and that it’s included in the trim package.

Is it true when you order the upgraded seats that includes the sueded microfiber wrapped interior trim package that it also includes the sueded/alcantara steering wheel? When my dealer sent me my order build sheet I had noticed it just said the regular performance steering wheel and not the extra $300 it says on build and price for the suede wheel. I had asked them about this and they said on the 22’s you had the option of doing the steering wheel separately. Now on the 23’s there’s no option and that it’s included in the trim package.
@1StunnaV should know...

You'd still have to order the $300 option to get the suede wheel. I had to add it my CT4 BW order. It is also listed in the online configurator. The regular performance steering wheel is leather.

Same for the 23 CT5 BW it is not a standard option with mid level seats. You need to select it as an option. The vehicle I ordered at seat option HEB and does not have Alcantara wrapped steering and shift knob.

You'd still have to order the $300 option to get the suede wheel. I had to add it my CT4 BW order. It is also listed in the online configurator. The regular performance steering wheel is leather.
Thank you. Yeah I did in fact order the $300 option to get the suede wheel with the dealer. However 2-3 weeks later when they sent me a copy of the build with an order number it wasn’t included and that’s when I questioned it. I guess I’ll need to mention it again with dealer and make sure I do get it.

It is not included and is still a separate option.

They most likely forgot to tick it, lots of options on these cars, luckily your dealer sent you a copy to catch the mistake so it should be simple enough for them to correct it and add it, assuming your not already at 3000 status or higher.

Not to he controversial, but I agree with this after many cars with microfiber or alcantara steering wheels, etc.

@1StunnaV should know...
Is it true when you order the upgraded seats that includes the sueded microfiber wrapped interior trim package that it also includes the sueded/alcantara steering wheel? When my dealer sent me my order build sheet I had noticed it just said the regular performance steering wheel and not the extra $300 it says on build and price for the suede wheel. I had asked them about this and they said on the 22’s you had the option of doing the steering wheel separately
. Now on the 23’s there’s no option and that it’s included in the trim package.

No and no

The steering wheel and shifter are a separate option for all year models. The seeded steering wheel, while a must have for me personally, is a must not have for most due to it looking dirty and slick after daily use after a couple years if not properly maintained.

Not to he controversial, but I agree with this after many cars with microfiber or alcantara steering wheels, etc.
You ain’t wrong. Maintaining (proper washing and drying) is a bitch. I’ll be curious how well it does with first brush/wash and dry.

Had Alcantara on my Camaro SS 1LE and ZL1, hated it. Just as the article mentions but what made it worse on the ZL1 is that the steering is pretty heavy even in comfort mode, and the material is so slippery so you have to grip the wheel so tight, very annoying.

I was going to order mine with the Alcantara wheel and shifter, but read some things and felt enlightened enough to avoid it. I keep everything clean, so that isn't the issue, its more of the "feel".

In defense of Alcantara, after I discovered how to properly maintain it, there are some really good things about it:

In hot weather climates, it never gets too hot to touch like leather. And it's really excellent during high performance driving. Obivates the need for driving gloves, as the soft texture is easier on the hands.

Yeah, I'm not a fan either...had on on my 2011 vette, and the novelty of it wore off pretty quick.

Obivates the need for driving gloves, as the soft texture is easier on the hands.
I have alcantara on the wheel for my sim racing rig; I find it's really hard on my hands so I always wear gloves. I was nervous about having it on my 4BW but didn't have much choice since I bought a car from stock.

My current Civic Type R has it (with some red portions no less) and it started to get a bit nasty at 6k miles. I bought this stuff, brushed it on and it was basically good as new, so much so that I went back and changed my 5BW order to add alcantara.
Koch-Chemie - Pol Star - Textile,... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08J28WRY9?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back