Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Feedback For 2024 CT5-V Blackwing HPDE Build

CT5-V Model
For what it's worth, I haven't had much issue sourcing the cf1 pieces individually. It'll cost a bit more to buy them compared to getting the cf1 built at the factory, but I'd rather pay a bit more than have my build delayed due to cf1 being on constraint. Everyone's mileage may vary, but I ordered to spoiler online and UPS delivered it the very next day.
Before Dec 2022 there seemed to be good availability. I got the spoiler quickly. But. I ordered the splitter in Dec from my local dealer, and still do not have it. If you know where I can get a splitter please let me know..

I highly recommend the J56 Carbon Ceramic Brakes. They’re one and done for the life of the car (essentially) and have ZERO brake dust.

Before Dec 2022 there seemed to be good availability. I got the spoiler quickly. But. I ordered the splitter in Dec from my local dealer, and still do not have it. If you know where I can get a splitter please let me know..
IMG_4530.png

I assume this is the right part? No mention of CF but price indicates it is, haha

I highly recommend the J56 Carbon Ceramic Brakes. They’re one and done for the life of the car (essentially) and have ZERO brake dust.
Do you track it?

One and done just for the rotors, not pads, and if you’re ONLY street driving. Life expectancy of rotors when tracking are very similar to the steels, but significantly more expensive. Their main advantage when tracking is unsprung weight, but it comes with a massive cost. If you track often you should actually NOT get the CCB.

One and done just for the rotors, not pads, and if you’re ONLY street driving. Life expectancy of rotors when tracking are very similar to the steels, but significantly more expensive. Their main advantage when tracking is unsprung weight, but it comes with a massive cost. If you track often you should actually NOT get the CCB.
I'm also afraid of having to buy a new set of CCB rotors, but I think their life on track remains to be seen. On the V-Club Brembo tech talk the Brembo guy did say that the brakes on the 5BW were a significant step up from prior CCBs on the vette. What that exactly means remains to be seen. Worst case, you can buy the Alcon replacement iron rotors for the CCBs.

I'm also afraid of having to buy a new set of CCB rotors, but I think their life on track remains to be seen. On the V-Club Brembo tech talk the Brembo guy did say that the brakes on the 5BW were a significant step up from prior CCBs on the vette. What that exactly means remains to be seen. Worst case, you can buy the Alcon replacement iron rotors for the CCBs.
Yea they use the new strand tech, but brembo reps told savage geese about their simulated testing and the cost per track day for just rotors would be very high based on their quoted life expectancy.

I wouldn’t swap the CCB for steel as the programming for magride suspension is different to compensate for the difference in unsprung mass.

I know a lot of the Porsche owners that have CCB's and run them at HPDE's swap them for steel and them put them back when they're ready to sell the car.

Hmmmm....I didn't think about the programming aspect. If that's the case, it sounds like CCB for street is the way to go for convenience.

In my case, it sounds like it would be best to stick with the regular Brembo's for the lower replacement cost. I do about 12 days of HPDE's a year. With my ZLE I can usually get (if it's my typical track time at Barber and Road Atlanta) around 8 days before they need to be replaced.

That wasn’t what the Brembo rep said in the V-Club chat, but know some have expressed that concern.

Two questions about the high performance seats:

1. Is there a big difference in comfort and bolstering/snugness between the two high performance seat options on long road trips or track time.

2. The massage function on my Escalade turns off after 20 minutes and there's no way to extend the time other than manually turning it back on again. Is this also the case with the Blackwing?

Last edited:
Two questions about the high performance seats:

1. Is there a big difference in comfort and bolstering/snugness between the two high performance seat options on long road trips or track time.

2. The massage function on my Escalade turns off after 20 minutes and there's no way to extend the time other than manually turning it back on again. Is this also the case with the Blackwing?
2. Yes there is a timer like the Escalade.

Do you have the spoiler installed? Trying to determine if I should have the dealer throw that on when I take delivery or leave it off until I came come up with the whole CF1 set. I don't want it to look out of place with just the spoiler.

Do you have the spoiler installed? Trying to determine if I should have the dealer throw that on when I take delivery or leave it off until I came come up with the whole CF1 set. I don't want it to look out of place with just the spoiler.
I installed the spoiler a few months ago and love the look. It doesn't look odd without the splitter, at least to me. I'm not sure I will ever get a splitter from my dealer and the price keeps going up every month. If it ends up costing too much I may just punt on it.

You need both the spoiler & the splitter to balance out aerodynamically. Prob won't make a difference if you're not tracking or not tracking seriously, but technically they work in conjunction with each other for performance purposes (there's a bit of discussion about it on here).

As for looks, CF spoiler looks great even without the splitter. Spoiler effects the car appearance much more- CF splitter less noticeable. Don't think it looks weird w/ only CF spoiler.

I decided to go with the carbon fiber seats and adjusted the order. Almost went CCB's but they seem to be finicky in cold climates.

I asked about waiting for the '25 refresh and they were able to confirm a '25 CT5 but not the Blackwing.

Just found out that GM accepted the '24 build and I'm waiting for a production date. The ordering manager said there were no constraints on the options I selected.

Final Configuration:

Summit White 6MT
19" aluminum alloy wheels with Tech Bronze
Microfiber steering wheel and shift knob
Torch Red seat belt
Sky Cool Gray with Jet Black accents, Full Semi-Aniline Leather Seats
Parking Package
Performance data and video recorder
Carbon Fiber 1 Package

Total w/destination: $112,840

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!