Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Feedback For 2024 CT5-V Blackwing HPDE Build

CT5-V Model

techdude99

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
'22 CT4-V Blackwing MT
Here's what I'm thinking as a DD/HPDE build for a 2024.

LMK what you think.

Summit White, 6MT

1SV - V-Series Blackwing
719 - Seat Belt Color, Black
AQJ - Seats, Front Bucket, High-Performance
BTH - Steering Wheel, Performance
CFZ - Carbon Fiber 1 Package
CWM - Technology Package
FE9 - Federal Emissions
GAZ - Summit White
HEA - Leather, Sueded, Jet Black/Black
HME - Lighting Package
IWE - Sueded Microfiber Wrapped Interior Trim Package
J6H - Brakes, Brembo High-Performance
J6P - Calipers, Gray
JE2 - Brake Linings, high-performance
LT4 - Engine, 6.2L Supercharged V8, AFM, VVT
MJK - Transmission, 6-Speed Manual
PRF - 3 years OnStar Remote Access
R8E - Gas Guzzler Tax
RHL - Wheels, 19" ALUMINUM with Tech Bronze Finish
ROF - Tires, 19" Foam front, Summer Only
RWL - Drivetrain, Rear-Wheel Drive
SPY - LPO, Wheel lug nuts, Black
TL3 - Hands-Free Decklid Release
UQT - Performance Data and Video Recorder
VK3 - License Plate Bracket, Front
VS2 - Splitter, Carbon Fiber
W2D - LPO: Cargo Net
Y26 - Navigation Package
Y5X - Driver Awareness Plus Package
Y61 - Advanced Security Package
Y6F - Climate Package
Y6L - Parking Package

Seems reasonable. The pdr is probably one of the more important options if you plan to track the car. Other stuff is all pretty standard. However the cf1 may be tricky to get. Depends on constraints and allocations available. Not impossible though.

I was reading some articles that state the CF packages increase downforce in the CT5-V by another 75% but they don't specify if that's CF1 or CF1&2. I know with the CT4-V, CF1 is the one to get. Does this apply to the CT5-V?

As much as I love the Tech Bronze wheels, I've heard they're no lighter than standard.

CF1 package is the one to get IMO, if you don't get caught in the GOAT pen with it and the CF hunt try to get the order built now or days..... If you get it, its a factory built option. There is something to be said about that.

CF2 is just gravy on the plate, spend more cash??? A PDR is one you want as well. Aftermarket units are doing the job too however, nothing like "built with" the car. The CF backed seats, I just love em, those are fantastic! If you can get them? I'm not sure if you can anymore.

As much as I love the Tech Bronze wheels, I've heard they're no lighter than standard.
Car weighs 4100 pounds +/-, how much faster do think it will be with lighter wheels?

I believe they actually are lighter and forged (Tech Bronze). If cutting weight is the goal, there are alot of places you can shave off the car and then it becomes? A track car. Again it's 4100 pounds +/-....Factory 200MPH and 668HP to pull you along. Not bad, in a Sedan with a good stereo system.

I was under the impression that they were heavier.

Thanks for the CF1&2 clarification.

Love the CF seatbacks, but I'm taking that money and budgeting for the CF1 package for track functionality.

I may go with the Black wheels and Red calipers. The Bronze don't disappear like the Black, but painted calipers (other than Grey) help a bit.

Ditch the cargo net. IMHO they are useless.
In this car, I find the collapsible cargo caddy more useful.

84406188-CT5.jpg

However the cf1 may be tricky to get. Depends on constraints and allocations available. Not impossible though.
For what it's worth, I haven't had much issue sourcing the cf1 pieces individually. It'll cost a bit more to buy them compared to getting the cf1 built at the factory, but I'd rather pay a bit more than have my build delayed due to cf1 being on constraint. Everyone's mileage may vary, but I ordered to spoiler online and UPS delivered it the very next day.

Car weighs 4100 pounds +/-, how much faster do think it will be with lighter wheels?

I believe they actually are lighter and forged (Tech Bronze). If cutting weight is the goal, there are alot of places you can shave off the car and then it becomes? A track car. Again it's 4100 pounds +/-....Factory 200MPH and 668HP to pull you along. Not bad, in a Sedan with a good stereo system.
All the CT5 Blackwing wheels are forged, so its really a cosmetic choice.

For what it's worth, I haven't had much issue sourcing the cf1 pieces individually. It'll cost a bit more to buy them compared to getting the cf1 built at the factory, but I'd rather pay a bit more than have my build delayed due to cf1 being on constraint. Everyone's mileage may vary, but I ordered to spoiler online and UPS delivered it the very next day.

Mounting the canards without the factory mounting holes, rear clips or a template seems kind of sucky.

Mounting the canards without the factory mounting holes, rear clips or a template seems kind of sucky.
The spoiler comes in a kit with the rear clips and template for the two outside holes that need to be drilled. But I'm probably taking it to a good dealer for install.

In this car, I find the collapsible cargo caddy more useful.

84406188-CT5.jpg
Love mine. 'Free' using points from GM Card. I keep my mobile detailing kit and other essentials in it. I also have that trunk liner. Necessities, IMHO.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back