Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Steering wheel heater LED bulb burnt out

Cadillac CT4-V model

Grainofsand

Seasoned Member
My LED indicator for the steering wheel heater seems to have burnt out. There used to be an orange light indicating that it's on, but now it's gone. The entire left side of the steering wheel also looks dimmer than the right. Anybody else get this?

Attachments

• 1000003100.jpg
    1000003100.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 88
That’s odd. Fuse??

Sorry to hijack but you’re reminding me of a question. How do you turn the steering wheel heater on/off? I have the light you are talking about and I see it come on in certain conditions. The car just decides when to heat the wheel.

The owners manual makes it seem like the light you are referring to is on a button that can be pressed, and it does look like a button, but mine is not a button, at least not one that I can press hard enough to do anything??

That’s odd. Fuse??

Sorry to hijack but you’re reminding me of a question. How do you turn the steering wheel heater on/off? I have the light you are talking about and I see it come on in certain conditions. The car just decides when to heat the wheel.

The owners manual makes it seem like the light you are referring to is on a button that can be pressed, and it does look like a button, but mine is not a button, at least not one that I can press hard enough to do anything??
mine is a real button and activates 2 ways - manually and on-demand with a quick push and automatically if the temp is below a certain threshold (it's a menu option - same with the heated and cooled seats). I recall the heated steering wheel being on constraint way back when? if so, perhaps you need the retrofit (window sticker should note if that's the case - mine did on the parking sensors).

That’s odd. Fuse??

That's odd, mine is a button that I press off whenever it comes on automatically. After I press it, the light goes off and the heat goes away. Do you have the performance steering wheel?

Interesting, I first thought maybe you needed the retrofit but your saying it used to work? Does the steering wheel still get warm?

Does the interior light dimmer have any effect?
View attachment 23474
Yes the steering wheel heater still works. The LED turns on very faintly for a split second. The dimmer switch doesn't help with the issue. Really don't want to leave my car at the dealership but that's what it may be. GM must be using some janky LED's or connecting wires for this to happen.

Yes the steering wheel heater still works. The LED turns on very faintly for a split second. The dimmer switch doesn't help with the issue. Really don't want to leave my car at the dealership but that's what it may be. GM must be using some janky LED's or connecting wires for this to happen.
Annoying, report back when you find out the issue.

I have a heated steering wheel in mine. And I have one in a Denali and a previous car. The 4BW seems really hot to me. Recently drove a regular XT4 (loaner) and it was comfortable too. Anyone else notice it being overly hot or am I just a wimp?

I have a heated steering wheel in mine. And I have one in a Denali and a previous car. The 4BW seems really hot to me. Recently drove a regular XT4 (loaner) and it was comfortable too. Anyone else notice it being overly hot or am I just a wimp?
I notice that depending on where you hold the wheel it’s hotter in some spots than others but I think it’s meant to be hot in case you’re wearing gloves.

I notice that depending on where you hold the wheel it’s hotter in some spots than others but I think it’s meant to be hot in case you’re wearing gloves.
Good point. Wish it had multi-levels like the seats. Haven’t seen any other so I know that’s an unreasonable ask.

So for everyone, is the portion of the steering wheel that has this light on it actually a button for you guys? That you can press to turn the heater on/off?

So for everyone, is the portion of the steering wheel that has this light on it actually a button for you guys? That you can press to turn the heater on/off?
Yep.

Man that is strange. Mine is absolutely not a button unless I need to MASH it. There is not even a hint of movement to it with quite bit of pressing force.

Alright, so I’m a dork… I messed with it today and realized that only the “wingtip” of the button is the actual button. I was pressing the part with the actual picture of a steering wheel on it and it doesn’t budge.

IMG_3462.jpeg

Glad to hear a positive resolution... I noticed last weekend that mine started flickering and I remembered this thread.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back