Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Steering Wheel Issue - Anyone Else?

blvckwing

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4V Blackwing
Hi guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I haven't been able to dig anything up and I'm curious to hear if anyone else has experienced the same issue as me.

I recently took delivery of a CT4BW, currently at 1700 miles. The last few days I've been casually driving the car, I notice that the steering wheel is almost "giving" - Not a steering issue, but with the actual wheel itself. The best way to describe it as if though there is some sort of a panel "loose". During turns or applying any sort of pressure to any one point in the steering wheel, it almost feels like closing a tupperware lid, if that makes sense? As if though there is something about to come apart inside...

It's really not as major as I make it seem, but being a driver's car and figuring all of us know how our vehicles feel, it's pretty annoying and leads to me just pulling and pushing on the steering wheel at red lights trying to figure the issue out. Not a fan of it feeling "cheap" with respect to the amount of money I dished out for the car, and understanding it might not be as refined inside as some of the competition, just going nuts about the damn wheel.

Thanks and best regards,

M

Just to clarify, do you feel as if the leather/padding on the wheel rim is compressing too much, or is the entire rim deflecting/moving relative to the wheel center?

When gripping the steering wheel most noticeably from the bottom, palms facing upwards, if you give it a bit of a tug you can feel something within the wheel give - I'd say by less than half a millimeter, nothing crazy. It just feels like something that used to be snug and secure, is no longer such. This is isolated to whatever is beneath the leather/padding - Not the wheel as a whole.

Just curious... Check out this thread starting at post #16. Wondering if it's the same thing that was described there.

Not sure if you're feeling the same thing, but a number of us notice an idiosyncrasy when turning the wheel just off center at highway speeds.

Given the tightness of the leather wrapping around the wheel, I'm surprised you'd be able to make it move without some other more obvious problem also displaying itself (wrinkling of the leather, etc.).

When gripping the bottom of the steering wheel and pulling or pushing, there is an audible noise - Not a POP, but more of a very soft clunk - It feels almost as if though if one were to pull hard enough, the glue would come apart. I might just post a video as describing this is tough.

It’s completely ruining the car for me, the new steering wheel was one of the main reasons I gave the new platform a shot. I hated how in prior gen V’s, you couldn’t tell the difference when sitting inside. Now it feels cheap and loose!

I am experiencing this now with a 2023. Curious what the fix was for the issue?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back