Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Shopping around

IndigoInkTaco

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Pending
Starting to do some initial research for a replacement to my Cayman. The car is a blast but doesn't compliment other aspects of my life. I can't even carry golf clubs in the thing lol. Pretty sure I want to move to something that I can fit a bike/surfboard/golf clubs, etc.

Brings me to a few cars, one of which that I've always like is the CT5 BW. I'd get manual trans.

I'm fine w/ buying used. I've never felt the need to spec something brand new. With that said, are there certain years to avoid?
I'm trying to search for common problems, recalls/TSBs that I'd need to check before pulling the trigger on something. If someone has a thread they can point me to, I'd appreciate it. Having trouble finding some based on my key search words.

Thanks for all the help! Looking forward to reading and contributing around here.

Not really. It’s more of the case that occasionally there are some lemons. Mosty bad paint and body panel/door fitment issues and a notchy tranny. All the usual GM stuff.

Well I'd never get rid of the Caymen...you may regret it. But if replacing (or adding on) I wouldn't overlook the CT 4 V Blackwing. Can't recommend it highly enough (even if it isn't quite a CT 5 V BW) And maybe you could swing keeping your Caymen with the $ saved getting a 4 vs a 5.

Not really. It’s more of the case that occasionally there are some lemons. Mosty bad paint and body panel/door fitment issues and a notchy tranny. All the usual GM stuff.
Thanks! I'll keep an eye out for that. Is the door fitment causing issues w/ latching upon closing or opening? Or just strange gaps in panels?

Well I'd never get rid of the Caymen...you may regret it. But if replacing (or adding on) I wouldn't overlook the CT 4 V Blackwing. Can't recommend it highly enough (even if it isn't quite a CT 5 V BW) And maybe you could swing keeping your Caymen with the $ saved getting a 4 vs a 5.
Thanks! At some point, garage space is going to be a problem though hahah. Holding on to it is certainly on the table though. I've let go of way too many cool cars. An old 49 Chevy 3100, slicktop e46 M3....a few others. I'd keep them all if I could!
I'll certainly entertain a 4 is the right one came along.

Thanks! I'll keep an eye out for that. Is the door fitment causing issues w/ latching upon closing or opening? Or just strange gaps in panels?

Thanks! At some point, garage space is going to be a problem though hahah. Holding on to it is certainly on the table though. I've let go of way too many cool cars. An old 49 Chevy 3100, slicktop e46 M3....a few others. I'd keep them all if I could!
Wow very nice....I have an old Mustang - 64 /1.2 convertible....thats my only garage queen....rest stay outside. Hows the e46 M3 running? We have an E46 ZHP with 125K miles...runs like brand new and has been very reliable, I've kept up with maintenance pretty well and have replaced some control arms and other bits as seeded...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back