Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Car & Driver

DonD

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V Blackwing
Unless I've missed something, I am quite surprised that no one has mentioned the featured article in the newest Car & Driver.

Our two Blackwings, the BW4 and BW5, took two of Car & Drivers 10 best cars of the year. A huge compliment in my opinion.

I certainly really like my BW4 but it's nice to see such a compliment from what I consider the premier US car source. Don

Unless I've missed something, I am quite surprised that no one has mentioned the featured article in the newest Car & Driver.

Our two Blackwings, the BW4 and BW5, took two of Car & Drivers 10 best cars of the year. A huge compliment in my opinion.

I certainly really like my BW4 but it's nice to see such a compliment from what I consider the premier US car source. Don

Yeah awesome eh. Someone did post a link to this in another thread. 3rd year in a row I think for both the 4 and 5. The rating and write up from last year certainly played a part in me thinking Holy sh*t! - good car - well worth considering. I was previously thinking next car was likely an M2 (M3 way too big & bulky for me)... Love the M2...but the new look - inside and out - don't endear me to it. Both Blackwings look fantastic IMO (everyone has been complementing me on the car) and the performance pretty much checks all the boxes...

Don, you did miss it but, it’s worth mentioning again as it’s now 3 years in a row for that prestigious award.

The reason IMO is I think we have award burnout lol. We’ve been showered with praise for these cars for the past few years winning another top10 award isn’t really garnering as much attention as it should. But it truly is a remarkable achievement.

Curious if any Cadillacs have ever been on this list before? ATS-V in particular perhaps. Though, being fond of fast wagons - I always thought the CTS V wagon was (and still is) a pretty awesome vehicle. And came in a manual tranny no less...

Curious if any Cadillacs have ever been on this list before? ATS-V in particular perhaps. Though, being fond of fast wagons - I always thought the CTS V wagon was (and still is) a pretty awesome vehicle. And came in a manual tranny no less...
Prior to the CT4/5, the CTS and CTS-V won 8 times. Not sure about other models, there are probably a handful.

Cadillac has been building great sport sedans since the first V1 came out 20 years ago (I had one), it's just taken all this time for people to forget everything that happened 30 years prior.

Cadillac has been building great sport sedans since the first V1 came out 20 years ago (I had one), it's just taken all this time for people to forget everything that happened 30 years prior.
It's frustrating how long it takes people's brand perceptions to change. My mom is 75 and still drives a manual Cayman, yet cannot make herself like my Blackwing because it's an American Cadillac (granted she hasn't seen or ridden in it). And as much as I want to get my wife an Ioniq 5 or Genesis, my father-in-law will probably freak out when we replace the Mercedes he bought her 10+ years ago as a graduation gift with a *Hyundai* (even when Mercedes current EV crop is hot garbage).

Times change - I wish people would move on more quickly. As a teenager I never thought I'd want, let alone spend $100k on a freakin' Cadillac. But if it has best-in-class driving dynamics, a great manual, a badass V8, good looks and costs thousands less than the clinical, numb German competition? That should be more than enough for any true enthusiast to shift their perspective. Those who cannot at least respect and admire what Cadillac has done - to me are not real car enthusiasts. Maybe brand wh*res is a more apt term.

I’m an automotive slut, I’ll ride anything that gives good head, oops I mean a good driving experience. Back in the 90s I was an RX-7 nut, moved on to Audi and Mercedes, and now Cadillac. The 5BW is by far the most fun and engaging car I’ve owned.

I’m an automotive slut, I’ll ride anything that gives good head, oops I mean a good driving experience. Back in the 90s I was an RX-7 nut, moved on to Audi and Mercedes, and now Cadillac. The 5BW is by far the most fun and engaging car I’ve owned.
I agree my Blackwing is by far the most fun to drive, I mean the 718 GTS was very good to drive but didn't have on top that little hooligannism nature built into it. The Blackwing you want to do funky stuff with it and mash the gas just for the fun of it.

LOL...yeah...well almost all of the cars I've owned have been fun to drive (beginning in 1981 with my first car - a MT RWD Toyota Starlet) ...perhaps in differing degrees and in different ways...though usually for me that means small and nimble, with good handling first and with power being a close second.

Unlike many here who have owned and driven many premium sports cars and such over the years I've had to work with a more restrictive budget, but with knowing what I like and value, and good research (and usually with lots of test drives...some ending with the dealership banning me from ever test driving any of their vehicles ever again!), I've always seemed to pick cars that tend to do it for me...and I usually keep and enjoy them for a long time.

Hands down the most fun to drive car I've ever owned was a MT Supercharged 1989 Toyota MR2. After that my (also MT) very tricked out 2001 Audi S4 Avant was a thrilling drive that I anticipated and enjoyed every time I got in it (particularly if there was snow on the ground). The BMW ZHP continues to hit on all cylinders as it were, as does my GTI, and my 64 1/2 Mustang convertible, while not a fine handling car, delivers in many other enjoyable ways.

I do anticipate the 4 BW is going to do it for me as well. I've only limited miles on it thus far - mostly from the drive up from Atlanta on the first day....but I already have that feeling of wanting to get in and drive it and push it a bit and I know I'm going to enjoy this baby for a long time to come. I've only just really got on it a bit the other day to really experience how it comes alive under power...but the chassis and handling in this car, even considering the noticeable weight, are really where this car shines.

Got to really give it to Cadillac for envisioning and making these Blackwings and the V cars that preceded it. Even though we didn't really even need a new car just yet I'm certainly glad to have made the right choice and picked one up.

You may be the first person to mention Rx-7 and Blackwing in the same sentence. My Rx-7 and S2k were pretty engaging to drive but I don't look back with rose colored glasses. The S2K and FC's shift linkage were excellent and on par/or better then the Blackwing in some cases. The EPS steering feedback was not great in the S2K, I recall the FC steering being heavy with plenty of feedback but slow to react. Both were grossly underpowered.
00000002.JPG

You may be the first person to mention Rx-7 and Blackwing in the same sentence. My Rx-7 and S2k were pretty engaging to drive but I don't look back with rose colored glasses. The S2K and FC's shift linkage were excellent and on par/or better then the Blackwing in some cases. The EPS steering feedback was not great in the S2K, I recall the FC steering being heavy with plenty of feedback but slow to react. Both were grossly underpowered. View attachment 23085
I know a guy who just LS swapped this exact vehicle. I will say dude did a bang up job and the interior is pretty cool on this car and now it just rips!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back