Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Shopping: So discouraging!

CT5-V Model
Kids Play GIF

Well, after reading and reading, daydreaming, I have decided I am going to throw my hat in the ring for a 5BW. I would really like a 2025, and the timing for a 2025 would work better for me financially. Good time to start getting on waitlists? I am in Arizona. If I am wanting a 2025 am I too early? I would prefer to build the car, but would I be better off waiting for the 2025s to arrive and casting my net wide over several states hoping to find one at MSRP that I can live with? I have never paid over MSRP yet, and am willing to do some extra leg work to keep that streak going.

Let's skip over the fact that no local dealer can/will order me a car, and that the only dealer that has been semi-responsive still hasn't given me any real answer about my order, so I'm trying to find a car in inventory.

Here's an example from our friends in Wilmington, DE. This car is on it's way, presumably not pre-sold. It's black. I like black.

Base price plus transportation is $93K. That's really all I need, but I'd upgrade the seats on my order.

This particular car has an MSRP of $113,295. Well, that's a lot of stuff, but I could work with the CCB and the nicer leather. PDR is nice, etc. I could justify most of that stuff if I had to.

But then they go and slap on their ADP on top of that.

So my $93K car is now $128 and change. In other words, the car is $35,000 more expensive than it really needs to be. $35K!!! My first house was $48K for goodness sakes. I could buy a brand new (slightly lesser) car for $35K!!!! I could take a killer vacation, and while on vacation, buy a new Rolex watch and still have money left over to stop in Vegas for a wicked weekend.

Yeah, yeah, I know, you can't get a new Rolex these days either, not at MSRP. The world has gone crazy I tell you, just crazy.

Natch Cadillac is somewhat to blame, as they are restricting production. Perhaps due to supply constraints, perhaps because they want to keep it semi-exclusive, perhaps because they don't want to do the typical GM nightmare where they over-produce the cars, have too much inventory and then have to discount the crap out of it (remember back to the last year of the SS).

The real culprits here are, of course, the dealers. Greedy little f****s, most of them. Not just Cadillac, of course. Some BMW dealers are also asking for many tens of thousands of dollars on top of their rare cars. Ford and the GT500, ditto. The only way that we can stop this, is to refuse to pay the upcharge.
Hey buddy! I have two vehicles currently listed in the for sale section, I also have a few others that I haven't listed that were accepted for production but not yet built... email me at dcallaway@blackwingking.com and I will see if I can help.

Hey buddy! I have two vehicles currently listed in the for sale section, I also have a few others that I haven't listed that were accepted for production but not yet built... email me at dcallaway@blackwingking.com and I will see if I can help.

Hey Buddy! Where the heck were you two months ago?

Check your spelling; it's always a good idea to proof-read your ads.

OOF. Calling out the Blackwing King!! The guy is a bit busy you know.

Time for Sewell to add ADM.
Busy is an understatement for Dustin AKA Blackwing King! Someone at Cadillac told me he is the # 1 Blackwing sales guy in the nation....

Busy is an understatement for Dustin AKA Blackwing King! Someone at Cadillac told me he is the # 1 Blackwing sales guy in the nation....

He's a great guy. I spoke to him several times about a 4BW, 5BW and a Escalade V. ALWAYS professional, knowledgeable and HONEST. Sadly, something you don't get at most dealers anymore. I wish I could have given him my business, but at the time, they weren't selling out of state.

I'm still new to the rodeo, and have been watching my 4BW order sit in "submitted but not accepted by GM" for about 4 weeks now. Auspiciously, the order was placed on the day the strikes began. How long is tool ong, these days?

I'm still new to the rodeo, and have been watching my 4BW order sit in "submitted but not accepted by GM" for about 4 weeks now. Auspiciously, the order was placed on the day the strikes began. How long is tool ong, these days?

People are still ordering 4BWs? There's quite a few sitting on dealer lots with discounts, I would start looking around and try to get something close to your configuration.

Hey Buddy! Where the heck were you two months ago?

Check your spelling; it's always a good idea to proof-read your ads.
Don't worry, my neighbor is a cop... He helped me out..

1697739814451.png

It is true... I sell more than any dealership does 🤣🤣

@BimmerFan can you spell check this one for me?

Thank you for hooking up a lot of people! I am noticing a bunch of cars coming through with all the carbon fiber packages. and upgraded carbon back seats. Any constraints currently?

It is true... I sell more than any dealership does 🤣🤣

@BimmerFan can you spell check this one for me?

Thank you for hooking up a lot of people! I am noticing a bunch of cars coming through with all the carbon fiber packages. and upgraded carbon back seats. Any constraints currently?

My Pleasure!!! Carbon Fiber is still on constraint but there has been a good chuck of it allowed, so far, for 2024 compared to prior years.

@BimmerFan - Courtesy spellcheck needed... Thanks!

Curious strategy for a salesperson to keep trolling @BimmerFan over something so trivial. We might start calling you the Petty King...let it go dude!

Curious strategy for a salesperson to keep trolling @BimmerFan over something so trivial. We might start calling you the Petty King...let it go dude!

I am level 97 troll. I have been in training for eleventy years under the Grandmaster himself, Elon Musk.

Pretty King.... Why not just roll with Blackwing Queen!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back